Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

Lightbulb Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

I create a new thread for this version of our MOD.

We have added 3 new sound emotes: swat, headbutt and rockout/rockoutindralk. The last one is more humoristic than role-play, and we are waiting for your feedback to know if you like it... or not.
    As usual, timings are calculated from second use of the emote (first is often broken, blame the client).
    Other fixes/changes have been done. You will find all details in the changelog below:

v1.8 "Hurricane" (November 16, 2007)
    ============================

- added a new sound to headbutt emote for Hatchling, Adult and Ancient Dragons. The more the Dragon has aged, the more the sound is loud and audible far [Firebrand]
    - added a new sound to swat emote for Hatchling, Adult and Ancient Dragons. The more the Dragon has aged, the more the sound is loud and audible far [Firebrand]
    - added a new sound to rockout and rockoutindralk emotes. Please note this sound is more designed to be funny than role-play [Zexoin and Firebrand]
    - Ancient Dragons now have 2 different sounds, playing randomly, for the hiss emote as Adult Dragons already had. Hatchling Dragons have only one sound by design [Firebrand]
    - significantly increased sound radius for the standandroar emote for Adult and Ancient Dragons. Ancient Dragons' roar can been heared further than Adult Dragons' one by design [Firebrand]
    - increased sound radius for the growl/growlnaka emotes for Adult and Ancient Dragons. Ancient Dragons' growl can been heared further than Adult Dragons' one by design [Firebrand]
    - officially added Firebrand as co-author of this MOD [Zexoin]

Files are available on this website. This is a permanent link: if the MOD is updated, the link will always have the latest version:

=> http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=45

Go to the bottom of the page then click on "Télécharger ce fichier" (that means "Download this file") button.

A pop up will be displayed:
    - "Lien 1" will lead you to the version with installer and will start automatically if you don't select any link.
    - "Lien 2" will lead you to the version without installer.

Have fun with our MOD, we are waiting for your feedback.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; June 20th, 2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Edited by request of Author
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Default Re: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

do I have to uninstall the current version I have? Or can I just download it and it'll replace on its own
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    do I have to uninstall the current version I have? Or can I just download it and it'll replace on its own

It _should_ replace the previous files, but I think it's better if you remove them first

I am glad the people who write mods are starting to rekindle the "spirit" of the game by adding things to it.

Every MMORPG has people that for the love of the game, makes mods/hacks to the game so that you can enjoy it further.

Thanks Zexoin and Firebrand for your work.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    The installer will overwrite all the old files and add the new ones itself. And it should work without any other action from you. Just install the MOD in the Horizons root folder (the installer should find it automatically).
    However, if you still have problems with your previous pack (or new one), you should better uninstall it properly and clean your resources_override folder from the old files you may have left here and there.
    Please let us know if it works properly.

Thank you Justa.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

It works for me, I deleted the older files anyways, but I think its only my computer doing this, but I have to 'warm up' the sounds first, if I don't do /standandroar for awhile and I do it, it will be late, but if I do it again it will be fine, and if I try to do a /hiss it will be late, but if I do it again it will be fine.

But, as I said, this is probably just my faulty computer doing this :P
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Good if you were able to make it works. And yes, unfortunately first use of many emotes in nearly always broken; as you said a "warm up" is needed.

This mod is one of my three "must have" mods. Thanks so much for this, you guys did a great job!
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Lightbulb Re: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

I uploaded a new version of our MOD. Not much with it, it's not v1.9.
    The only modification is listed below:

v1.8.1 (March 08, 2008)
    ==================

- growl sound for Ancient Dragons is now different from the Adult Dragon one to seem more "Ancient" [Firebrand]

Files will be now available on this website:

=> http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=45

Go at the bottom of the page and click on "Télécharger ce fichier" (that means "Download this file") button. A pop up will be displayed:
    - "Lien 1" will lead you to the version with installer and will start autmatically if you don't select any link.
    - "Lien 2" will lead you to the version without installer.

Have fun!

does this version also fix the different emotes between those that have the mod and those that don't? I'm still roaring on the computer with the mod and sneezing with the one without...

Any player customizations like this are always client side, so if you don't have the mod installed on the computer, you'll have the official (default) whatever being used, be it emote, hotkey or map type mod.

Shian: this has been fixed with v1.6. So the problem should vanish with this version.
    If not, maybe you have some old files they have stayed somewhere; unstall the pack and check manually all files involved in this MOD and delete them: they are listed in the Read Me.

Velea: Shian is right, with earlier versions a /sneeze from someone who had the pack was doing a /hiss (or something like that) for someone who hadn't. That is just because I changed for my conveniance the order of the emotes in a list of the .def files. That is weird, but it was definately the problem.

Lightbulb Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v1.8.2 "Dramatical Death"

Here is a new version again. Just one change, but not really related to emotes:

v1.8.2 (March 11, 2008) "Dramatical Death"
    ================================

- this is not related to emotes, but the long lost death sound has been added for a more dramatical ambience when you die [Firebrand]

As it uses some of the same files as the emote pack, I haven't made a separated MOD for Dragons because they could mess together.

For people who remember the early times in Istaria, I added the "bell" sound which was played when you died.

Files are available at the previous link.

Bipeds will have their own MOD soon (©) to enjoy the same sound.

Have fun, and don't hear bells too often.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ask not for whom the bell toils, it toils for thee......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Default Re: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v1.8.2 "Dramatical Death"

Awesome! thanks very much for the new update. I enjoy hearing finally what the deathbell sounds like. The new sounds are cool too. I am really sorry for the player I use my new headbutt and swat on, from what it sounds like...chances are the victim is gonna be in a coma for a while. Though the rockout/rouckoutindralk sound is a bit "out there"(ugh I dun wanna imagine what would happen if a bunch of dragons were all using it at the same time hehe), just my opinion though.
    So far only tested this out on Ancient dragons.
    There seems to be a problem with the hiss emote. Twice I tried it with the new sound mod, first attempt the sound will go off once and that is it(animation but no sound). Second time (after a relog) it went of twice in a row and that was it. Think you can fix this?

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

- /hiss: fixed! Thank you for this one. I guess I haven't use this one oten since I ascended to Ancient Dragon.
    - /headbutt, /swat: well, espacially for Ancient Dragons, I don't expect this moves to be weak and sweet.
    - /rockout: the emote itself is already "out there". I don't think the first thing I would expect from a Dragon would be headbanging as at your favorite heavy metal band's concert.The sound is just an humorous touch as announced with v1.8. It shouldn't be taken seriously and for pure role play.
    I experienced it with a bunch of Dragons... it's funny.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hehe true, rockout has always been a weird emote.. just even more so now. XD

Tried it but unfortunately hiss still not going off. Soooooo I attempted to fix it myself After futile attempts I just went and copy a piece from the old sound mod version (v1.7) and that appeared to fix it. It only plays one of the two hiss sounds, but hey, better than nothing.

So in the Dragona_u def file it was:
    //dragona_u_hiss_n
    {
    string name = "dragona_u_hiss_n"
    float overallChance = 100.0
    TSample list sampleList =
    {
    {
    string filename = "dragona_u_hiss.wav"
    float chance = 50.0 //make sure to set to random play amount
    }
    {
    string filename = "dragona_u_hiss2.wav"
    float chance = 50.0 //make sure to set to random play amount

Changed it (back) to:

//dragona_u_hiss_n
    {
    string name = "dragona_u_hiss_n"
    float overallChance = 100.0
    TSample list sampleList =
    {
    {
    string filename = "dragona_u_hiss.wav"
    float randomPitchPercent = 20.0

Dunno what the problem is. I tried just inserting the "float randomPitchPercent = 20.0" thing to the new mod but that doesn't fix the problem either.

Would be nice if an adult and a hatchling dragon could test that emote too, so we can figure out what's wrong with the ancient one

I fixed it internally but haven't released the new version yet. Maybe I will rework one or few more things first before doing it, so I think to release it this week end.

And for the fix, it's even easier than that. But if you can't wait until the next version, just do what follows: go to resources_override\sound\characters\dragona_u and change dragon_u_hiss2.wav to dragona_u_hiss2.wav
    Yeah, it was a stupid and a very old one: it was already there in the very first release of the MOD by Zexoin (just checked the files). I'm surprised nobody else has noticed this before.

Your change has broken the random hiss sound, but well... it works.

Lol that was it!?! Missing an "a" lol, that is silly. Hehehe thanks very much for the helpful hint firebrand. (wait for next version? pfft lunus don't wait for anything! ) *fixes* All good now.
    And yes it works perfectly for both adult and hatchies

Thread Information