Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blasted spawn system is ****NO**** fun. FIX IT NOW!

Default Re: Blasted spawn system is ****NO**** fun. FIX IT NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Just so you know they knew always how the spawn system worked. They just choose to change it after the merge to save system resources.
    Not according to Ophelia.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Quoted for emphasis. This is why Virtrium focusing on developing Horizons as a niche game instead of aiming for the masses is ideal.

yes...

but it seems like they can't even do that. Simply fixing bugs right now and adding in content via there available tools I think won't cut it.

They really need to be able to address some of the games more pressing issues. But as stated every issue seems to be a major undertaking. The sad thing is each of those issues resolved would not vault HZ to the top MMO list. It would however solidify HZ's small niche game status.

Right now Player retention is HZ's main issue. The game presents very well but I doubt most new players stay past the 90 day barrier. Recent Population counts suggest this as being true. There was a spike when vitrium took over. The growth has pretty much evened out it looks.

So lets hope Vitrium can afford to pay who they have and perhaps add another team member or 2.

One thing though in this market as it is. Vitrium has to be given credit for taking horizons on. Now that must be has to be passion for the game.

I'm tired, and essenciaily worried about my venting. I don't plan to rant more for a while. Once again I'm posting drunk, but I'm sure that some have notice my gap in posting on this subject. Vit will do what they can. They aren't big, and they aren't ritch for the time of being. Unfortunatly they did not get a good start with a few good games like Blizzard did, and we all know the history of sony, at least enough to know they have several sources of income. I only wish that a company like this would pick up HZ with as much income as they. I want to LIVE in Ishtaria, but this is only a fantasy and I'm a sad user behind a computer wishing for it.

I've played only WoW alternatively from HZ -for a long time really. It's my only other MMORPG I've ever played since I started with HZ (and the only reason I sterated MMORPGs was the dragons in HZ.). WoW has an awsome adventure system, but I hate it's art, and there is no property building. I'd like to see realistic minotaurs rather than the caracturistic "Tauren" and many other things more than comicbook caricatures. The game is made good.... it is very solid, much more solid than HZ.

I now have two accounts. One with WoW, and one with HZ. I'm building a lair in HZ. I do not want to risk the work put into that lair by canceling my account with HZ. But the honest truth is that I've spent more time in HZ building that lair and occasionally playing my alts to forward personal goals in HZ than playing WoW with my vacation time. This has baffled me a bit.

To try to figure this out, I've reasoned the following:
    In WoW your goals are all set for you. A quest to do this or that, achieve this or that made up by an NPC, and then you get a reward, usually in the form of an advanced pice of gear. In HZ most of the time, you want to finish a (personal) quest because it helps YOU achieve ends to your goal... say for instance making laircrafting scales to make construction of your lair easier. Or combat... etc. This is hard to percieve for anyone that is used to having their goals set for them.

Anyway. I'm still crafting my lair at my level. I do not need advanced gear to achieve this, but if I happen to run out of things to craft and learn from I may (for instance) need to get advanced lairshaping scales. And for this I may have to create my own quest to acquire what is needed to make those scales.

[EDIT]
    *smirks*
    Still this originally started as a thread about the spawn systm. Which sucks. I've mentioned why above so I won't bother again.
    Last edited by CallakDW; December 6th, 2007 at 01:14 AM.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

*chuckles* Horizons is an enigma in the sea of MMORPGs isn't it?

Thread Information