Thread: Blight plots now count towards total plot limit

Default Blight plots now count towards total plot limit

Perhaps I missed this during my vacation from Horizons, but apparentlly plots owned on blight now count toward your total plot limit, which if memory serves me correctly was not previously the case. Guess its time to nuke my plots and characters on blight.

Default Re: Blight plots now count towards total plot limit

Might be a bug...Did you send in a ticket to be sure?

Plots on Blight have always counted towards your total. It's been that way since the first day of Live, and has never changed.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I did post a ticket, and no, they didn't used to, or at least if they did the plot calculation was incorrect because I only had 3 paid accounts 2 years ago with 3 plots on Chaos and 2 on Blight.

I remember there being a limit of 1 plot per account, whether you used that on blight or on your main shard. I will still test, its not important for me to own a plot on each, blight and order.

It's my opinion, to encourage testing, that if you have an account on any production server, you should get at least one free plot on blight, along with whatever you have purchased for the production servers. Just think of how many more people might be willing to participate in testing and likely greatly increase population on blight. I for one don't want to PAY to be a betatester, that's part of my job at work, I don't feel like doing it as I play a game to relax.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

For every one that dosen't there is one that does.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    It's my opinion, to encourage testing, that if you have an account on any production server, you should get at least one free plot on blight, along with whatever you have purchased for the production servers. Just think of how many more people might be willing to participate in testing and likely greatly increase population on blight. I for one don't want to PAY to be a betatester, that's part of my job at work, I don't feel like doing it as I play a game to relax.
    Erk bad idea getting a free plot on Blight. On maintenance days when the Blight population hits 15 plus the spawn rate on mobs slows and then totally
    stops at 20 to 25 population.

yes this is how its usually done. But just about every MMO that has a test server its an actual server fully decked out like a live server with all the hardware and infrastructure trimming.

Umm Horizons Blight is not such a server. its a watered down server attached to another piece of hardware. Its NOT a full server like Chaos or Order. In fact I would call Blight akin to an alpha server that we in the programming world use for internal testing only.

This is why PME's original plan of shutting down Blight and turning it into a Unity server failed. They did not comprehend that Blight was not a full server.

I am pretty sure plots on Blight did not use to count towards a plot count. Perhaps vitrium has plans for blight or at least the concept of blight. Or that is a bug with all the recent account and billing changes that have gone on ? More so maybe this was never meant to be a server to get a plot for free ? As in it was a bug that finally got fixed.

Blight plots have counted towards total limit since before the character limit was lifted on blight during TG times.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorek View Post
    Erk bad idea getting a free plot on Blight. On maintenance days when the Blight population hits 15 plus the spawn rate on mobs slows and then totally
    stops at 20 to 25 population.
    That explains some things. If it was a proper test server you wouldn't have this issue, and would probably catch more bugs before they got to Chaos and Order. Kind of hard to stress test the game when it's not even set up with the same hardware and limits.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I raised this issue during lair testing as I didn't feel it was right to pay for yet another account JUST to help test. I was already paying for 3 accounts at the time. That was two years ago, about the time I quit. I don't know if they changed it during the intervening time, but previously, that was the way it was. Blight plots always counted towards your total from active accounts.

Despite the server setup issues, I think it would behoove the developers of any game to make their test server(s) as open and accessible as possible, so as to not penalize anyone for helping test.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Blight had a bug quite a while back that made it easy to buy any number of plots based on the characters you had on the server, regardless of how many your account(s) allowed. I put that bug report in quite some time back when I found out I could actually buy my own Acul plot on Blight by accident. Fortunately, the devs were on IRC back then and I could go in there and say "Oh, hey, David. Guess what! We've got a BIG oops!"

I miss those days.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

That explains some things. If it was a proper test server you wouldn't have this issue, and would probably catch more bugs before they got to Chaos and Order. Kind of hard to stress test the game when it's not even set up with the same hardware and limits.
    I agree, more bugs would be found!.

In the old days we were just told to keep quiet eg (Most if not all on Blight knew that it was possible to buy an unlimited amount of plots, only limited by the amount of characters/gold you had and as most know there is no character limit on Blight). Nobody I know abused this and all had paid accounts for the number of plots they owned.

Many of the Blight player base have many, many characters of various levels and one I know about has 17 100 crafting skills, others are close, so as far as testing goes most things are spotted before going to live.

Thread Information