Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tokens for plot reclaims?

TelShyia

Default Re: Tokens for plot reclaims?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Tel I fear that if cash beats all, there will be a few players who end up controlling all those 100x100 plots. Unless you've got 500+ gold saved, you're going to wind up dissapointed.
    well, I own a liar, so I won't be buying a plot. However, there are bi-peds who are NOT Unity players who only own 25x25s and have never had the opportunity to purchase a larger plot. I feel that they should be given the same opportunity to get a larger plot, the same as the Unity players. And threads like this have made alot of players fearful that they have NO chance of getting a plot due to comments like, "....500+ gold..." when they are lucky to have 5g.

TelShyia

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    You imagine wrong. Not long ago I had 300g tossed at me in a trade as if it was nothing. The trade popped up just as I was recalling, so it was cancelled before I could react either way, but 300g it was. I have no doubt this was obtained illegitimately and that there was plenty more where that came from. Where there's one cheater, there's more.
    and what player traded that to you! I'll tell Dru and she can build on their 20,000 plots, and then we will have a mith!...

and as far as the 'cheating' comment!. ALL of my gold has been obtained legitimatley, dont know any othe way to get it. I kind of take that a tad personally, that those os us with large amounts of coin in the game are "Cheaters"....
    I hunt, I sell, I dig, I build, I sell...
    that is NOT cheating, that is playing the game, pure and simple my friend...

Well ill start by saying that im happy with my midsize plot on order so wont be moving, dont enjoy dragging a disc enough to build larger. But it doesnt seem to me that upon reclaim there will be any shortages of plots available, at least on order.

No matter whats decided not everyone is going to get the plot they want, thats just life. They didnt when game was new, they didnt when reclaims happened, and they didnt when shards merged.

I feel sorry for Vi because it seems many are ready to decide on their competence on how Unity and plot reclaims go. It definitely a no win situation for them since many will be disappointed when they dont get the plot they want.

Hoping after all is said and done everyone settles down and keeps playing no matter whats decided. Happy Gnomekindle to all.

2008 will be a great year to be an istarian.

Before the unlinked spell timer fix for nature spells I found that my non-optimized ranger with the wrong techs on its armour and 600 base power (hahaha, yeah, I do sub 100 damage with my spells) could farm ~500 silver per hour at the Dire Wolves (which isn't the best spot by far). That's not counting any hoard that I got, and I got a truckload of it (averaging ~250K per hour), because I gave away all hoard I got instead of selling it. So that's just from Trophies basically. I was selling them for 10 silver each at the time (more now:P).

Anyway, I'm not a regular farmer with honed skills, and I wasn't in the right class with the right items or farming the right mobs, but I still made a good ten gold there over the course of a few weeks of casual play and sporadic farming (about 1 hour per day of farming). I used it to pay people to work on my plot to finally get it "finished" (kinda).

So it isn't unreasonable to assume that there are macroers out there with multiple mithrils worth of coin. Even if you aren't cheating, and are simply making sure to hunt in the best spots with the best teched armour/scales with the most effective weapons for those mobs, you could still easily have hundreds of gold. I found it very easy to get gold personally.

I think this is the big reason why nature spells were linked. It wasn't to stop people from chain stunning boss mobs to death, it was to stop macro farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by TelShyia View Post
    However, there are bi-peds who are NOT Unity players who only own 25x25s and have never had the opportunity to purchase a larger plot. I feel that they should be given the same opportunity to get a larger plot, the same as the Unity players. And threads like this have made alot of players fearful that they have NO chance of getting a plot due to comments like, "....500+ gold..." when they are lucky to have 5g.
    I have one such biped. I have multiple accounts, so I have a lair for my dragon and a 40x40 plot for my biped. I would love dearly to find a bigger plot in a fairly traveled area (ie. near a portal in/out) but they have never been available. Between all my characters I have about 4g total. So these 500+ gold comments scare the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by TelShyia View Post
    well, I own a liar

Thats a really nice typing error *laughs*

I wish all a merry x-mas and i think over holidays all emotions should cool down a bit and then i think all will have a good solution. We should trust VI a bit

greetings to all

PS in unity i owned a 100x100 Plot on one account and one large lair on my second account

I don't think there will be problems when the plots are reclaimed; I believe most of them will become available.

However there is one embedded assumption in many of the posts, which is that the number (and to a lesser degree, size) of the plots is fixed.

Adding terrain is something that is relatively easy in Hz, and I believe increasing plot size is tedious, but not difficult. I'd expect Vi to do whatever is needed to ensure happy plot owners... as one of the major time sinks, plot building will, I'm sure, be encouraged to the max.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

One thing I'd like to see is some non-rectangle shaped plots. Things like L shaped plots to fit a specific area where you would otherwise have to have 3 small plots. Maybe they can't do that with their current plot creator tool though.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    One thing I'd like to see is some non-rectangle shaped plots. Things like L shaped plots to fit a specific area where you would otherwise have to have 3 small plots. Maybe they can't do that with their current plot creator tool though.
    lol... Hey, what size plot do you have?

60x20x20x20x80x40! (Granted, that's more like a Tetris block...)

Kulamata made an excellent point. Crafting/plot building = timesink. Timesink/Keeping the players attention = Mo' Money!
    Ergo Vi should go on a plot expansion campaign, fewer 25x25, lotsa 100x100!
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

TelShyia

Quote Originally Posted by Tarot View Post
    Thats a really nice typing error *laughs*
    Well, I never said I was skilled at typing LMAO...

and yes, let's all give Vit a chance to see what they plan to do...and just enjoy the game for what it's worth...unless you are me and Dru has you digging up Istaria to build on plots! (arg....ONLY 160k in mith ore she says!!)

well today I'm made into a liar.

I'm posting on this thread once again after a sleepless night due to bad weather.

I've done some flying about and surveying. There arent very many plots 76X76 or larger...I dont have exact numbers. I do apologize for the margin of error.

I'd make my guess to be 50-60 plots of that size. Even fewer in the 90X whatever and up range. I also noticed we have about 50 unitarians to be joining chaos.

(50 unitarians whom I'll likely enjoy playing with and would likely not notice where they are from ( just to cover any assumptions of malice towards them [ I have none])

So to all the people teling me not to worry about tokens...pleae explain, using your best logic, how that isnt a worry. It's going to be easy to gt a plot maybe even a 40 X 40 plot after reclaims. (please dont tell me or anyone lese that they dont need a large plot) But that wont be an upgrade really.

We have people who talk of ill gotten coin, talk of people who farm coin, and people who talk of trumping tokens. Yeah, its not exactly fair to see a 1 mithril bid take a plot... but they quite likely worked for that coin. A token there is no work for. (originally perhaps so please excuse the generalization) (lets just fudge numbers here, I know they're not correct) Lets say there are 7 plots to be auctioned at 100X100 size. What fool with a plot token wouldnt put it on one of those? I would! So to say tokens are unfair to NO ONE...well thats just not true. Its short sighted. Its also very biased. (perhaps more so than those of us saying gimme better plots than unity)

I do have some advice for those unity players seeking their old plots. If I were you...I'd get a trial account check on order and chaos, where your old lair or plot is...find out if its owned ( it likely is) and find out if the player owning it is active. theres a chance that there is little to no way some of you will get your old plot/lair back. thats not malicious advice, its truth. Might be bad news, but truth.

Also in case unity players get the uber all trumping tokens of doom... I suggest they scout around to see where to put them (its not hard to find out if "so-and-so" still plays) find a back up location while you're at it (they might come back)...if I got one of those, i'd use it...and i'd use it on the biggest most well placed succulent plot i could.

I apologize for lying and posting where i promised not to, if that destroys my credibility, what am I to do? Couldnt sit by without attempting to get those words put to text.

laters
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    I'd make my guess to be 50-60 plots of that size. Even fewer in the 90X whatever and up range. I also noticed we have about 50 unitarians to be joining chaos.

(50 unitarians whom I'll likely enjoy playing with and would likely not notice where they are from ( just to cover any assumptions of malice towards them [ I have none])

So to all the people teling me not to worry about tokens...pleae explain, using your best logic, how that isnt a worry. It's going to be easy to gt a plot maybe even a 40 X 40 plot after reclaims. (please dont tell me or anyone lese that they dont need a large plot) But that wont be an upgrade really.
    1 word my friend: Lairs. If there were *only* plots, you'd be correct. But, correct me if I'm wrong, many people who play this game do so because it has Dragons. Dragons means lairs, not plots.

Of course I agree with you that there are too many small plots and not enough larger ones. I checked around too, and I am of the firm opinion that nothing smaller than 40x40 is useful even for a tier 1 newbie builder. I don't think the people who designed the plot sizes really understood that area and length don't scale linearly (though not knowing that seems unlikely doesn't it?). A 25x25 plot is not 4 times smaller than a 100x100 plot; it is 16 times smaller. And even with a 100x100 the footprints of the larger structures are so big that they take up most of the plot.

In my opinion the whole point of a plot in this game is to be both pretty and useful. Given the structure sizes we have today, it isn't possible for *any* size of currently available plots to be both. With a large plot you choose either pretty or utilitarian, and with the smaller plots you end having neither choice.

I can only hope that Vi will continue to expand the smaller plots in Istaria whenever possible.

hhmm*puts on her rose-colored glasses*

Maybe we can TALK, TRADE, make a DEAL,

I,eg, would not bid my token on a plot, that Dru wants to have.
    show me annother- it has not to be exact this one. Lets speak to each other.
    Sure, quite unrealistc in most cases- but not impossible in other cases.

I still think, that guild plots could solve most of the probs. Having a smaller guild plot/lair, is for most of the people I know more important, than having a big plot of their own.
    Or an alternative at least

Also, using this: http://www.bristugo.com/local/genimg...ht-current.png

I attempted to visually identify the larger plots. I figure that there are at around 150 largish plots available in the game altogether no including guild plots (which are the hollow squares on that map). But it is hard to tell. Does anyone out there have an exact count? I count anything larger than 45x45 as acceptably large, and anything larger than 70x70 as "big".

I honestly feel this is where this plot should go, people working together to allieviate tensions...not arguing.

I wouldnt be opposed to compromising in the least. I'm fairly certain I wont be getting a 100X100 its not that important to me. I'm not willing to bid the insane amounts of coin needed, about half the insane number needed maybe

I've been playing a while and would like a decent sized plot to upgrade to. if I get lucky and get bigger, sweet! What people have been forgetting is plot location. Some big plots, really suck because of where they are located. ( a non issue for me, I dont want it for crafting, I want it for storage of comps, tech, forms and whatnot)

The thread was to voice our opinions, not to rouse enmity, fear, or whathave you. I hope people cease telling everyone that they are wrong for their opinions. The devs need to know there are concerns on our behalf. Hopefully they do now. I personally think both sides of the issue have viable opinions. I dont agree with some but, I'm just happy the thread may be going somewhere useful rather than aiming at name calling and accusations.

My thanks to lovwyrm.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    We have people who talk of ill gotten coin, talk of people who farm coin, and people who talk of trumping tokens. Yeah, its not exactly fair to see a 1 mithril bid take a plot... but they quite likely worked for that coin. A token there is no work for. (originally perhaps so please excuse the generalization) (lets just fudge numbers here, I know they're not correct) Lets say there are 7 plots to be auctioned at 100X100 size. What fool with a plot token wouldnt put it on one of those? I would! So to say tokens are unfair to NO ONE...well thats just not true. Its short sighted. Its also very biased. (perhaps more so than those of us saying gimme better plots than unity)
    Well a Token is no work for? I had one 100x100 Plot fully build in T1-T4. And that was really hard work for my little Biped. And seeing that we unitarians havent had a place to play for over a year now, it was impossible for us to get to this high amount in money. So no Token will be very unfair for us.

But all this was said in former posts and i think VI will find a solution that fits nearly all player. So calm down, get a x-mas cookie and have nice holidays.

Thread Information