Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Transport

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Dragon Transport

If they are going to make it possible for Dragons to invite bipeds to mount them, i wonder if they will give the same option for hatchling dragons.

You'd think that Dragons would think of Hatchlings first before Bipeds, especially for the Lunus out there.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Default Re: Dragon Transport

I agree. I think both hatchlings and Khutit should be able to recieve rides (though, have the hatchling look like its being carried moreso than riding)
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

bluewyrm

I wholeheartedly concur. I really hope that the devs take this into consideration. How do we make our voices known?

It seems the best way to get something heard lately is to say it in IRC instead of on thier official forums...but i for one wont do that so if someone else wants to hop on and mention it at the appropriate time go ahead.

well im not sure about letting them mount perhaps like grabing them for the animation there held carefully in our talons
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Ellah

No Naka will ever Grace my Scales ! Only their Gore will.

But getting a Ride from an older Dragon, that would be awesome. If a Dragon chooses to give People rides that would definetly be an awesome Optoin, like an invincible Reaver/Lunus Combo .... ::starts Drooling::

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius
    I agree. I think both hatchlings and Khutit should be able to recieve rides (though, have the hatchling look like its being carried moreso than riding)
    /em pictures the hatchling being carried in a similar fashion as how a cat carries it's young by grabbing the back of young one's neck with their mouth. [8-|]

Ellah

:: can just imagine that :: I want it ! Frith ! I wanna Ride !

Quote Originally Posted by Jah
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vesuvius wrote: I agree. I think both hatchlings and Khutit should be able to recieve rides (though, have the hatchling look like its being carried moreso than riding)
    /em pictures the hatchling being carried in a similar fashion as how a cat carries it's young by grabbing the back of young one's neck with their mouth. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-15.gif[/img]
    Scales are hard to get a good grip on though, especially when wet, slippery lil things they are.

Not that ive tried eating my own kind....i mean grabbing....BAH im not a cannibal!

The idea of carrying someone/thing may it be biped or hatchling sounds interesting, but I would like to know if there is a possibility for carrying a disk instead of living creature... [:)]
    As for weight...A hatchling is probablyheavier then a fully loaded cargo disk... [;)]
    Or let it be the cargo disk on the dragons back in which the "passenger" is carried so there is a choice...
    Fill it up with resources or keep it empty there for allowing 1person to sit or stand in it and enjoy the ride (untill 1 of dralks lava pools get very close [;)])...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

nah what would work is haveing and amination whare either the hatchling isdrapedoverour shoulders (apearing to be hanging on for dear life and kinda lookinglike a hunted animal over a horse but alive and not dead) or us gentally wraping our front talons kinda like a mother cat but with both our front talons instead of our mouth(in mouth we may lose teeth lol from there weight ect.)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

When they add in dragon transport they should add in special animations for a dragon carrying a gnome.

Just the gnome's lower legs and feet should show sticking out of the dragon's mouth while the dragon chews with a look of pleasure on its face (the gnome feet should kick back and forth frantically).[:P]

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    When they add in dragon transport they should add in special animations for a dragon carrying a gnome.

Just the gnome's lower legs and feet should show sticking out of the dragon's mouth while the dragon chews with a look of pleasure on its face (the gnome feet should kick back and forth frantically).[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    ::Laugh::

That would be classic.
    Vesuvius Veix
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    The idea of carrying someone/thing may it be biped or hatchling sounds interesting, but I would like to know if there is a possibility for carrying a disk instead of living creature... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    As for weight...A hatchling is probablyheavier then a fully loaded cargo disk... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Or let it be the cargo disk on the dragons back in which the "passenger" is carried so there is a choice...
    Fill it up with resources or keep it empty there for allowing 1person to sit or stand in it and enjoy the ride (untill 1 of dralks lava pools get very close [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img])...
    Actually, there used to be an exploit where one could fly with their disk, but it *was* considered an exploit and if AE ever let dragons fly with the disk, I suggest earmuffs so that the wailing of the nakas doesn't kill your ears.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Would be too powerful to be able to fly with a cargodisk, especially with the new ones.
    Vesuvius Veix

I agree, being able to fly with about 12.5k of slabs would be insane, people would lvl Dragon craft far to easily, not to mention if they could carry bipeds who have disks attached...just imagine the load they could have...not a good idea in my opinion.

No need to fly with a cargo disk. Now that dragon capacity quests go up to 100, dragon cargo capacity is really not nearly as bad as it was.

Yeah my wifes Dragon (having done all capacity quests) can hold just about as much as my biped wearing a full set of ironsilk cargo gear.

imported_Firebrand

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius
    I don't thinkthat riding hatchling or Khutit is a good idea.[:O]
    Hatchling riding would be as pony riding... not very pleasant for a Dragon! And not so useful too: Dragons are not that fast when running... it would be more usefull to ride Saris...[8-|]
    And Khutit... ahem... do you imagine an half giant who is bigger than a Khutit on your shoulders?[:D] Funny but as useless than Khutit riding for me.

However: adult/ancient riding would be great: launching fighters above mobs spot for a little slaughter...[6]

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vesuvius wrote:I agree. I think both hatchlings and Khutit should be able to recieve rides (though, have the hatchling look like its being carried moreso than riding)

I don't thinkthat riding hatchling or Khutit is a good idea.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]
    Hatchling riding would be as pony riding... not very pleasant for a Dragon! And not so useful too: Dragons are not that fast when running... it would be more usefull to ride Saris...[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-15.gif[/img]
    And Khutit... ahem... do you imagine an half giant who is bigger than a Khutit on your shoulders?[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] Funny but as useless than Khutit riding for me.

However: adult/ancient riding would be great: launching fighters above mobs spot for a little slaughter...[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-14.gif[/img]
    I think you misread the original post you quoted. I think the author is referring to hatchlings and Khutit being able to ride on an adult dragon just like bipeds.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Thread Information