Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragon Transport

Default Re: Dragon Transport

the only way A biped will get a ride from me is if they present the a statue that I had carved for them. THe statue which I have been hadning out to those I see worthy for now over 6 months (only 6 bipeds on chaos have them) are granted the right to ride me.

and if a biped does manage to get on my backwith out a statueI will fly over the ocean and log out[Y] there is a way to not drown what you do is hold down the fly button as you are loggin in and you will start flying up as the game is loading

Frankly the concept of riding a dragon (given the in-game lore) just seems ludicrous.

It makes far more sense for Dragons to have the ability to carry others who are not dragging disks or rooted.

Granted, this will need to be a consentual sort of thing and is going to need a large number of restrictions to keep from being grief-o-rama, but it makes more sense in context than putting saddles on adult and ancient dragons.

Seriously, devs, what sort of literary contortions can you offer to link up the image of a dragon wearing a saddle, being ridden by a biped and the existing lore?

I'm not seeing it.

well, but of course it is risky to ride a dragon that you do not know or trust ! [:|]

Just imagine mounting such a mighty beast, you are handing over your life on a platter.

I WOULD LOOOOVE TO CARRY AROUND MEH MATES [:D][:D][:D]

the day they let bipeds on our back better be the day they let them swim, for their sake..
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

imported_Ar-Narluin

I hope that the possibility to ride adult and Ancient dragons does not go lost or forgotten.Is there someone that has some news?

The last I saw with in a month or 2 ago, DB said it is still on the list just a ways down as their are more important things to work on.

I like this idea.... ^_^

Just for fun's sake, even if it didn't end up being terribly useful. But y'know? I could make a fortune with Dragon Taxi Service. XD

What's a good ruleset for this sort of thing though? People shouldn't just toddle up to a Dragon and hop on, that's for sure. I dunno if a "saddle" is a good idea, except as a visible "emblem" of sorts that one is available for transportation. Visible item art on Dragons--saddles (tinkering? leatherworking?) would be right up there on my list with jewelry, gold neckbands, and other pretty adornments, if for only visual effect.

They could add an option in to the little pop-up menu when you right-click someone--for a Dragon, this could appear as "Offer Ride." For a biped, maybe "Request Ride." Then it might pop up an "accept" window to click yes or no, similar to grouping. Once on the Dragon's back, the biped has no movement control except for a "Dismount" option, butthey could still talk, move camera,and perhaps do /emotes. (Mounted emotes would be funny! Right along with the Dragon doing /shake, too... ^_~)

Rules might be, no one can mount or be mounted while pulling an active cargo disk? That might cut out some of the "exploitability" there. Parked disks would be okay to have equipped, but if you reconnected it you and your rider might be rooted as that might be too much weight (either your disk or your rider's). Maybe there could be a slight speed penalty when carrying riders, so not everyone goes flying around on Dragonback? This could be easily counteracted with the right Velocity scales though.

There's another thought...Dryads would be ridiculously easy to lift, while Half-Giants.....@_@ yikes, large people! Hatchlings too, though I don't know if they can actually "ride." They might need to be carried, rather.

I think perhaps Adult Dragons should only be able to carry one rider, to keep things fair. Ancient Dragons, with their size and power, could be able to carry two or three bipeds, with the right "saddle" or equipment maybe. To keep people from drowning riders while riding, for jokes or just mean-spiritedness, the rule could be that if the Dragon's not drowning, neither is his rider--since the sprites have effectively become one character for movement anyhow.

And while it would be amusing, it might not be fair to have a "toss rider" option while in the air. ^_^; I think the "kick him off" button should only be available when landed on the ground. Though a biped might make use of his "Dismount" option at any time. Heh... ^_^;

(Imagines: "Whups LOL I hit dismount and drowned can u come back2 shrine andget meagain? K thx." @_@)

Mounted combat and air combat are a whole other can of worms, which I think would be unavailable at the start of the whole riding thing. At least, probably the mounted biped would be unable to engage in combat while riding, but might even still take damage; I don't know howthe devswould arrange it at first. ^_^; I'll let the smarter people work that out.

Just my little 2 coppers. ^_^

As to flying cargo disks, there was some official talk about them but I think they gave up on that since there has been no word in a VERY long time. And no, I don't think they would make a flying 12.5K disk. Max would probably be like 4K marble deluxe flying disk or a 8K marble tarbash. But those are guess's on my part and based in no fact!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I think it's only been a month or two since they mentioned flying cargo disks -- it was about how to get stuff to one of those lairs which can only be reached by flying. Haven't heard anything more recent. Thatcould meanthey're on the back burner and won't surfacefor a yearif ever; or it could mean they're working on them, hope to have them by the end of the auction,but aren't quite ready to release them. We just don't know. This is one place where better communication would be very nice to have.

The ability to carry bipeds has always been on their list of things to do. They once mentioned the dragon models were made with that in mind. However, they mentioned before release that it would require some major reworking and apparently that's what's pushing it down on the list. Apparently dragon riding will be closely related to riding other mounts such as horses. I have no idea if they'd allow hatchlings to ride too. It would sure make getting them to Kaa easier.

If they have dragon riding, it will be entirely under the control of the dragon. Those who don't want to carry bipeds can just choose not to carry them.

Someone broughtdragon ridingup more recently for lairs which can only be reached by flying. They wanted to bring a biped friend to their lair. The official response is that you need to think very carefully before getting such a lair. If you want a biped or hatchling to get to your lair then don't get one which can only be reached by flying.

Thread Information