Thread: A long overdue goodbye

Default A long overdue goodbye

I'm sorry to say that I will be leaving Horizons, perhaps for good. I am getting sick of the drama, sick of paying so much for so little...

Take care everyone, it was fun while it lasted.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Default Re: A long overdue goodbye

Safe journeys, wherever they may take you.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Take care, and wherever you end up, have fun.

I empathise with the mention of drama.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I'm sorry to see you go Drae, but I understand.

Remember the good times, I know I will. Take care and good luck in whatever you do. You'll be missed.

I'm so sorry to hear you're leaving, Drae. Good times. But I'm with you on the drama thing, I find almost no motivation to log in. <sighs> Keep in touch!

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

That was exactly my problem, Veya.. there was just no reason for me to want to log in and it's been that way for a very long time.

I won't be leaving the forums or anything though. I still have friends here

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

That sucks. Sorry to see you go.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Quote Originally Posted by Kodey View Post
    That sucks. Sorry to see you go.
    +1 for the Drama.

Sorry to see you leave too, Ill miss those sunday gatherings, take care.

What drama is out there?

(Yes noobish question, but I'd like to know if I am going to miss Unity super community which made the game for me)
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

From what I read on other boards they say Order is very clickish and that new players have troubles breaking in. I do not notice for the most part, but have seen it before when hunting groups for the big mobs. But as with any game that has been out as long as Horizons has, I find being a newbie is hard as everyone is already at the max level and working that level of thing that unless you have a big inrush of other newbies your pretty much on your own. So to me that is not a horizons only issue.

Personally I see a lot of people hanging out in the New player channel trying to offer help, and I will try if I am not to busy to craft something if some one ask, but most people playing dragons are self reliant and do not ask a lot of others craft wise. I personally am not going to hunt with someone of a newbie level but if I am around and someone ask for aid on the ROP or AROP and are of a level that they can offer aid in their own quest I will help them.

From what I read on other boards they say Order is very clickish and that new players have troubles breaking in.
    Interesting perspective, I tend to be oblivious to who associates with whom. In my earlier years, I was much more guild-centric, but even now I often hesitate to go out of my way for someone not in my guild because I cannot keep up with everything.

But as with any game that has been out as long as Horizons has, I find being a newbie is hard as everyone is already at the max level and working that level of thing that unless you have a big inrush of other newbies your pretty much on your own.
    Your comment struck me with the thought that starting up a new alt, running them up to mid-levels, then starting in again with another alt and cycling through them that way, would be a good way to meet up with new players and give them company until they feel settled in the game. Unfortunately I'm stuck on playing Awdz for the most part, and until I get two side-by-side computers for myself (think snowball's chance in a very hot place), I probably won't be playing an alt much if at all (Awdzy is just barely into tier II).

I've seen drama from different sources come & go, usually younger players (or ones acting immature, I don't know who they really are); at first I tried dealing with the drama queens/kings but finally I just let them drama themselves out of my way. The really intense ones can be exhausting though.

Dremora, I know you've helped tons of young hatchlings learn to use their wings. You will be missed. Hopefully after a break we'll see you again. :-)

sry to see anyone leave istaria, ive never met you but am sad when anyone leaves. I must be very lucky, ive played for years and am a little confused by all the posts of drama , what drama is everyone talking about.
    Last edited by Velea; December 18th, 2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: portion of post removed at user's request

The drama I've experienced tends to involve messes spanning IC and OOC, arising from some degree of incompetence and inconsiderateness in the handling of RP. But, I suppose, such is the nature of a shard-size community, wherein diversity of experience, style, and preference is much wider than in the highRP-guild sort of environment I'm used to.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

everything is nice and fine on Chaos, Vahrokh

as far as I can see- (which is not very far, being a lvl 26 hatchie and member of 4 chat channels. But lots of great people here, and lots of friends from Unity)

I am sorry to see you leave *frowns* I also hope you will come back.

I am sad to see that one or two bad person (lets call them drama queen / king like said before) cause so much bad environement, so far I seen 4 people in the past 2 month leave cause of that drama and many other almost did, I am very sad to see that such people need to cause trouble just for RP fun... I hope those people realise how bad this his and stop. The rest of the shard his very friendly, too bad a bad apple gives a bad name to the hole server. But lathely it seems to be less bad. Lets hope they gained in maturity a little!
    Ok that was my 10c. hehe
    Sorry

We will miss you Draemora.. And I know some of what you mean. There are some groups on order inclined for Drama, but the shard isnt bad at all if you meet the right people. As to those who not only cause drama, but steal from other players, I hope you have enough silver for the arena. *smirk*
    Lunus Ancient Dragon - 100 Adv. 100 Craft. 100 Lair. 49 CrystalShaper
    Feel free to add me on Facebook: [email protected]

Drama is for Helians...

...on a more serious note, I don't see much of it. In the dragon channels at least, newbies are treated nicely - but then again, we can't help that can we? Hatchies are too cute for anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    Drama is for Helians...

...on a more serious note, I don't see much of it. In the dragon channels at least, newbies are treated nicely - but then again, we can't help that can we? Hatchies are too cute for anything else...
    Drae is playing on Order, Amerelium.

hatchlings surely always triggered the mother instinct in me.. specially those walking up to compare sizes.

i don';t notice any drama....and i also help out newbies, so i don't notice that either. but sad to see another HZ player stop playing.

Thread Information