Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Market Place has turned into a useless channel for people to sit on their thumbs in..

Default Market Place has turned into a useless channel for people to sit on their thumbs in..

GAH! Why the hell do people get into Market Place if they aren't buying or selling!? Hell, they aren't even talking!

MP has gone to hell. It usually has 40+ people in it during evenings, but good-luck finding anyone willing to make spells, equipment, et cetera, or looking for people selling something.

I feel sorry for any new players to this game. If I had just started playing HZ the unfriendly, unhelpful player-base on Chaos would have driven me off by now. You can't always find teir I, II, and III stuff, and the channel for finding players to make/buy/sell has turned into a channel for players to sit on their thumbs and rotate in. If you don't know anyone you're screwed 'cause people on Chaos anymore have went from being friendly and helpful to un-friendly and un-helpful to people that aren't friends.

UGH!
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Default Re: Market Place has turned into a useless channel for people to sit on their thumbs

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience there. On Order, Marketplace is a gathering place for folks, often fun (*grins* and sometimes ridiculous) chatter, sometimes quiet, but usually if a request is made for something, someone steps up to help. For tier I in particular, a number of players have made an effort to keep the New Trismus connie stocked.

Other than trying to pay attention to requests and to try to make sure they are at least acknowledged, there's not much I can do. Often I am tied up with other chats/activities, so I might not even see the request in time, especially if the requester is impatient about a response. And sometimes when I acknowledge, it is with a necessary "I can get to it in a couple of days, does that timing work for you?" I'm not generally available for big projects because I'm backlogged on several already, but sometimes I take breaks for smaller ones. I have to assume the same holds true for others.

Don't know if that helps at all with the issue, just my 2 coppers' worth.

Default Re: Market Place has turned into a useless channel for people to sit on their thumbs

hehe

A bad experience? More like several months worth. Ugh.

I just don't understand why they bother logging into the channel if they're not buying or selling. Heck, as I said, there's rarely even any talking.

Market Place went from being wonderful to a general chat channel to useless as teets on a bobcat.

You'd think that since most of the remaining HZ players are decidated to HZ that they'd be more... friendly? Concerned about the community. Not so on Chaos.

Sadly, in the circles I run in MP is considered a bad, very bad, joke.

heh... shoot.. I haven't even really stepped foot inside of MP since... well since Year 1... Sorry to say, but I mostly found the useless banter something I needn't see scrolling before me. Honestly though, I am always open to Tells and the like and have rarely, if ever, turned a request down for any item that I could actually make, well.. except for guildmates, I tend to ask them to be patient with me as I work on paid work first, and guild freebies second.

Yea... hard to say, but I do get to making everything, just somethings take a bit more patience to run down the stuff then other things. As far as MP folks being a friendly sort, I couldn't barely keep up with the goings on in the channel, nor could I stand the auctioning that sometimes happened in there. anyway, I hope those regulars will realize that using the given public channel and not being willing to at least try to help realize that they are doing a disservice to the game as a whole.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Casyle View Post
    Market Place went from being wonderful to a general chat channel to useless as teets on a bobcat.
    Say again? Why are teets on a bobcat useless? They are mammals; do they not suckle their young?

EDITED to say: Errr, yeah. More ontopic I've found marketplace to be completely quiet lately as well. Personally the only reason I'm in there is because I have it set up to automatically enter that channel when I log in. But more than that I figure *something* has to happen eventually and when it does it will explode into marketplace first, and we all know that I'm nosy and can't keep out of other people's business, so I stay in... just in case.
    Last edited by gopher65; December 18th, 2007 at 04:06 AM. Reason: to stay ontopic

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    Say again? Why are teets on a bobcat useless? They are mammals; do they not suckle their young?

EDITED to say: Errr, yeah. More ontopic I've found marketplace to be completely quiet lately as well. Personally the only reason I'm in there is because I have it set up to automatically enter that channel when I log in. But more than that I figure *something* has to happen eventually and when it does it will explode into marketplace first, and we all know that I'm nosy and can't keep out of other people's business, so I stay in... just in case.
    haha It's an old saying, at least in my family. It's assumed to be a male bobcat.

Ah.

Even though I want to hit myself afterwords I keep trying MP, then immediately regret it. Been trying to get tier II heal spells for 3 freakin' days now. Going to log in now and try to find some, somewhere, on a connie.

In the last year if not for Image I'd be SCREWED for the most part.

I don't even TOUCH MP anymore. <shudders>

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

casyle, I've seen you asking for spells in amrket..t2 no less. I remember.

its not worth the coin for me to hop back onto my dragon when I'm playing my biped who doesnt spellcraft. Sorry. if I'm o nthe dragon I'll likely make them for you.

I sit in market for news on game. waiting for WTS's/auctions/and WTB's taht can make me money.

You asked why...I answered.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I'm always on MP... listening if not contributing.. but I don't make spells

I'm building generally.. but happy to chat if appropriate (why don't we have a server wide CHAT channel so we can keep buying & selling to MP)...
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

why don't we have a server wide CHAT channel so we can keep buying & selling to MP
    My take on MP is like the old Greek agora... or in many malls today... folks go there to chat, hang out, exchange news, etc. as much or sometimes more than to buy & sell. If you limit it to strictly buying/selling, I think it would be incredibly boring indeed. I'm not interested in most business deals - but I do like to help folks out when I can - so while I'm probably one of the biggest culprits about causing non-buy/sell chatter, I do try to make sure folks who ask about something in the midst of it are at least acknowledged. In the meantime, we share some entertainment. :-)

On Order anyways, MP on a Sunday is almost dead. Noone ever talks. On other days and evenings talk is rampant (mostly useless talk). Although that also is when most of the trade talk is happening.

MP is more than a trade channel, it also is greetings and friendly bannter, (hopes it never gets to the stage of the Dragon channel - Hugs and Kisses all the time). sorry, had to put a small jab in here.

Casyle, Send Sul a tell, he can make them for you, been tied up on a project lately.

seems ya need some fresh blood in there, ahh ?

no, seriously:
    -May be there are too many chat/group- channels, where people ask for help -and get it?
    -precious items are traded among friends, guildies etc.
    - if I need something and none of my mates has it, then someone knows someone ,who knows someone- and I get it.

Do we really need a MP atm?

haha, thanks, Sul.

I just had to vent. I thought it was bad when MP turned into a general chat channel basically, with some trading. Now-a-days, it's like there's no life in there. Makes me yearn for the general chat days back! haha

I dread taking new classes as finding teir I, II, and III spells, weapons, armor, et cetera on connie's can seem impossible, then you go to MP and listen to crickets haha.

I've even tried offering some pretty high prices, like 25s for teir II or III trophies, and even that never gets bites anymore.

Bye the bye, Peche is awesome There, happy, Peche? ;p

If you're looking for spells - I'd try the dragon channel .. all dragons can make spells and if you dangle a bit of shiny hoard in front of them would likely be willing to make a few spells.

Market place has turned into dwarf wrestling!
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Market place has turned into dwarf wrestling!

HAHA i would like to see that. XD

Not true on Chaos i have been in and out of the game and have made Hachlings a wide verity of scails both of craft and battle of course not for profit but to benefit the hachlings after all some one needs to point them down the Right *Cough* path *cough Lunus*

as for t 1 spells No one has asked if you ask something Mp will come alive
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I just leave it on anymore to log it so someone can't come along and say "Hey you forgot to make me X Y or Z!" or I can look it up later to see what a majority requested items are. But for the most part (and unfortunate part) I don't actually look at it due to a lot of chat of usually non market related random things I would have to sift through to get to item or hunting requests (I do miss hunting in large groups sometimes.). Probably doesn't make me any better for that reason, heh. More often I have found that if someone is looking for me and they see my name in market or dragon channel they know I'm about and make a direct personal request. Hmm... *Shrugs*, So I guess I really don't know either. I just help people.
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.
    Leader of Silver Dawn community.
    Forums: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php
    Gallery: http://www.ravenhawk.us

Learn, share, grow, ascend..

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Not true on Chaos i have been in and out of the game and have made Hachlings a wide verity of scails both of craft and battle of course not for profit but to benefit the hachlings after all some one needs to point them down the Right *Cough* path *cough Lunus*

as for t 1 spells No one has asked if you ask something Mp will come alive
    That post is really hard to decipher, so I apologize if I read something wrong.

That's great that you try to help, but it hardly makes what MP has turned into not true.

As to the "if you ask something MP will come alive". I made this thread 'cause I was frustrated at what MP has turned into. I spent 3 days, DAYS, trying to get my teir II healing spells on MP. I spent 2 days trying to get teir II gifts and enhances. I don't call that "MP coming alive". Oh, and I usually play during prime time, so it's not as if I'm asking at 3am in the morning.

For the past year or so I've been on MP on and off trying to get various thing. Weapons, armor, shields, spells, et cetera and the vast majority of the time there's nothing but silence.

Sadly, I have friends who use their player made guild chats in place of Market Place because it's pointless now. I've been pointed to 3 different player made chats to come into if I need anything. Don't have a friend or acquaintance who uses MP, and I couldn't post here what some of them say about MP haha.

*Shrugs* I wish we could get MP back to what it was like years ago. A Market Place, not someplace to loiter.

Thread Information