Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Market Place has turned into a useless channel for people to sit on their thumbs in..

Default Re: Market Place has turned into a useless channel for people to sit on their thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    When I play, feel free to ask me for spells, scales, tools and weapons. Crafting and selling is something I like a lot.
    this is a very good thing and a lot of other persons think like you, but (only my personal point of view) would like to buy my stuff without asking for HELP, like a normal customer, without need to be online when some friendly people would like to craft something

and to ask in market to get some things most times you will never get an answer very helpfull for new players ^^

i dont like market and i leaved it, if i would like to chat or read roleplay i would look for another channel ^^

Default Re: Market Place has turned into a useless channel for people to sit on their thumbs

If you need tobuy/sell anything on Chaos, your much better bet is to go to Dragon channel. Market Place isnt even a public chat channel anymore because most of the time its totally silent!

I generally advise new players to either ask in guild (or if they have no guild, invite them) or to make it themselves. It never hurts to have a few more crafting levels under your belt/wings.

More than its faults, i wonder exactly WHY this has come about? O_x just a few months ago people were at least talking on there, even if trying to buy/sell stuff was like getting blood from a stone...
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

well if folks feel like they are expected to shut up unless buying/selling, the channel becomes less entertaining and thus less likely to be visited. personally, i highly favor the agora/mall type marketplace setting, where folks gather to chat as much as anything else. just my two coppers' worth.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    well if folks feel like they are expected to shut up unless buying/selling, the channel becomes less entertaining and thus less likely to be visited. personally, i highly favor the agora/mall type marketplace setting, where folks gather to chat as much as anything else. just my two coppers' worth.
    Exactly. I've gotten quite a few trades done, despite what anyone thinks is 'meaningless/useless chatter'

Often I'm usually doing something else, but when a request for something is seen, I can take it if I have reached a reasonable stopping point in what I was doing. I never know if I don't watch Market.

Also, keep in mind that there are different types of crafters, ones that prefer a specialty. If it's a request for spells, you can be certain I can't do anything about it. Just because I have 100 crafter does not mean I can craft everything.

My two cents - generally people need items crafted because they can't craft it themselves. They need it to help them adventurer and/or craft more efficiently, and to me that helps enjoy the game more. "Be the best you can be" and all that

I would suggest that people continue to ask in MP. I know it is frustrating when people don't answer but MP isn't a shop with ready-made goods. It's a MarketPlace. If the vendor that you need isn't there, then while annoying, there isn't really much people can do about it. If I want something crafted I generally do the following:

1. Ask in MP
    2. Do a "/who" and try and find someone online with the crafting skill required
    3. Post on the forums

I, too, wanted a reverse Consigner. Would be wonderful to put up requirements and get people to fulfil orders!

Except when im not being ignored when i ask to buy something, someone will reply 1 or 2 ways.
    To the cost of looking like an old fart who repeats himself: try asking me for stuff in case none else bothers. I like the "sale" feeling and all the stuff that goes around a sale.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information