Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: the queen's proclaimations

Cool Re: the queen's proclaimations

Great job, Vel! Thanks for sharing.

Sent
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: the queen's proclaimations

hails and praise to you, beloved monarch!
    i send word of important events that occurred this past week among the mighty dragons of order.
    in the interests of brevity, my liege, this is but a summary of the 2 councils i snuck....ummm, i mean, gained admittance to. i have attached the meetings of these councils for you to preuse at your leisure.

the councils were called to discuss the problem of, and possible solutions to, a truly troubling and highly unusual behavior pattern of a transplanted ancient. apparently, this ancient has been drugging hatchies into unconsciousness and then - my queen, i can hardly believe it enough to repeat - then, this ancient eats the hatchie!

how can such a thing be true, i know you are asking yourself! it is to determine this very thing that the dragon council was called. thru my resources (as naturally, this was not considered a thing for peds, and thus was not generally announced), i discovered the time and location of the meeting. knowing this is the kind of news that the queen desires, i decided to attend, if i could make my way past so many mighty dragons undetected.

both councils were held in the grand assembly chamber of the town center lair of dralk. stealthily as possible, i followed the line of dragons into the chamber, as i find all lairs to be a confusing maze of hallways and rooms. somehow i remained unnoticed, and slipped into a small hollow in the massive stone walls of the chamber.

most of the honored adults and ancients of order were in attendance, with several hatchies as well:

the first meeting was called to order by lungtien, who then explained the reason for the meeting. lung advised the group that hatchies have been informing their elders of an ancient that offered them treats (usually cookies and other foods loved by youngsters). shortly after consuming the treats, the hatchies would 'fall asleep' - then, to their horror, the ancient proceeded to consume them. the hatchies awoke when the gift renewed them to life.
    this ancient, rorix, was afraid to show up at the first meeting. one of his kin, starstilanxs, acted as defender for rorix and was allowed to present the ancient's point of view.
    as you can read in the minutes, my liege, rorix apparently has a distaste for the taking of life, even to feed hunger, and his method of relieving said hunger without the technical taking of life was to consume the gifted young of his own kind. apparently, since the gift does not allow permenant death, the eating of gifted young does not violate the principles involved.
    this is, of course, abhorrant to all sentient species - so natually the council began to debate possible consequences for rorix's behavior. starstilanxs spoke as best he could for his kin and promised to relay the council's thoughts. tho i attempted to remain silent and merely observe, there came i time when i felt you would want me to comment. altho frightened at the myriad of possible responses to my intrusion, the dragons were quite accomodating after the initial shock of my presence. the first meeting then adjourned until it recieved rorix's reply.

the second meeting occurred a few days later. this time, in addition to the concerned dragons, rorix was in attendance to face the charges against him and to hear the thoughts of the council:

many elders were happy to get the opportunity to directly question rorix as to his intentions and beliefs. rorix was somewhat less pleased, perhaps, to hear the conclusions of the council, but in the end, was willing to abide by the combined will of his comrades - unwilling to risk severance from his family and friends, should he continue in this contrary and deviant behavior.

while compromises always leaves all sides unsatisfied, the alternatives make them the best choice. i am pleased to report that in my opinion, and if i may be so bold to state that i believe it your opinion as well, this necessary compromise benefits not just the parties involved, but also the gracious society of order as a whole. hatchies are free to continue to learn more positive lessons about the world, and elders can be secured in the hopes that their young are not being molested in the most vile way imaginable.

until there is something more of interest to report, i remain as always your most willing servant!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

its been a long time i must away, my dears, but the end is near!
    tomorrow morning is my written final, and then i am free to come home until the end of summer!!
    i can't wait to get back to the building and have a new name for the cheese palace (not different, you understand, just new):
    le palais de fromage.....

Default and here goes another little piece of my childhood...

just remembered with my mom, who just got out of the hospital herself yesterday, about how we usta sit on the porch and eat dinner in the summer, so we could listen to his honey voice calling the games....or being at the drivein, waiting for the movie to start, and hearing every radio being tuned to the same station......all you younguns out there, it really does suck getting old, don't let anyone tell you any different....

BREAKING NEWS: Tigers Broadcaster Ernie Harwell Dies

92-Year-Old Was Voice Of Team From 1960-2002

POSTED: Tuesday, May 4, 2010
    UPDATED: 8:31 pm EDT May 4, 2010

DETROIT -- Beloved Detroit Tigers announcer Ernie Harwell died Tuesday at the age of 92.

He said last September he has inoperable cancer, a month after surgery for an obstructed bile duct. He was honored with a tribute during a game at Comerica Park on Sept. 16.

Harwell's 55-year career began in Atlanta in 1946. He moved two years later to the Brooklyn Dodgers. After stints with the New York Giants and Baltimore Orioles, he started his long association with the Tigers.

Harwell was the voice of the Tigers from 1960-02.

Harwell was voted the 1981 Ford Frick Award for major contributions to baseball by the Hall of Fame.

The Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association recently initiated a lifetime contribution award in his honor.

The award is called the Ernie Harwell Lifetime Contribution Award. Harwell was the first winner of the award.

The award will annually honor an individual from the broadcast industry who has contributed outstanding time and effort to the betterment of sports broadcasting through a lifetime body of work.

Previous Stories:

Copyright 2010 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved.

my sacrifice was not wasted:

Course Section CNT-120-52 CCNA Routing Protocols Cnpts

Meeting Information 03/15/2010-05/05/2010 Computer and Classroom Monday, Wednesday 12:20PM - 04:00PM, Technology Bldg, Room T-135

Gradebook Information As Of 05/06/10:

==TOTAL GRADE== 94.86

Talking Re: the queen's proclaimations

WTG, Vel ... much congratulations are due you!

Sent

Well done
    Congratulations!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

lots of congratulations, Queeny.

"You rulez all skewelz!" (oh- I need some more practice with that^^)

*hugs from lov & flame*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Angry Re: the queen's proclaimations

how did you get woken up this morning? pleasantly, i trust.....since i have been doing too good lately, god decided it was time to show his affection again. I got woken up by having my ceiling fall on me. my bro's room is a floor above mine and his waterbed sprung a leak, soaking thru and weakening the keystone tile in my bedroom ceiling. i woke up just in time to watch it all come crashing down on my head.
    i hate my life. now we need to get my bro a new bed and me a new ceiling. was looking forward to getting back into game (i just had 3 more rooms to clean, finished the den about midnigh last night), gonna get in for at least a bit for sure today or tomorrow - i really need to be with peeps who think i am all that and a chik o stik right about now....

Unhappy Re: the queen's proclaimations

Wow! That looks just awful, Vel.

I hope it all gets sorted out for you real soon.

Sent

Love my friend,

we do think of you, send you strenghth and a lot of good thoughts.

We can imagine how it feels and looks like, cause good friends experienced the same, 6 month ago (believe it or not- a gamer-living in the appartment above our friends, did not care that there was water all over his appartment from a broken water pipe).

On my side- I thank GOD that nothing happened to you, and that you are still among us-unhurt.

lots of hugs

Lov & Flame

thanx guys, i can always count on my horizons friends to lend me support!

the truly funny thing is, in the second pic, see that yellow poster in the middle left? it reads
    neatness....sure sign of a sick mind!

i must be the sanest person in the county right now!

Wowsers, what a rude awakening!
    Sending you a flood of good wishes and prayers to replace the flood that woke you, wish I could do more. Glad you're well enough to be angry that it happened and even post pictures about it. Hope everything is back to your liking again soon!

o joy o rapture!!!
    finally done with all the housework, fixing falling ceilings, and getting various family members' illnesses out of the way, i plan on spending most if not all of the day today in game!
    i hope to get all the sandstone done, as i imagine folks have been busy with their own things to work on my stuff.
    if, however, you have done some work on the industrial complex, i most sincerely thank you, and if you need some more cashy money (or any favor i might be able to do for you) for your most welcome efforts, please let vel know - she's the queen of bling!

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! THE CROWN DEMANDS A CELEBRATION OF PRAISE AND THANX!

the queen has had business in far realms for a long, much too long a time and has recently returned to find great and wonderful changes in blight.
    the gods work in mysterious and unknowable ways, but prove their compassion at times - showing us mere mortals that what they can take away, they can also give back. for this benevolence, the queen requires that all citizens of istaria, no matter their realm, to give many praises and prayers of thanx to our beloved and mighty gods!

for us of blight, these are great changes, indeed. once upon a time, we had a god who loved us above all others. thru no fault of the current deities, he was lost to us. however, our new gods, loving in their actions, have seen fit to return mighty illyist, may his name be forever praised, to his home - not, of course, our god come again, merely an avatar. however, it shows to us that our wonderful patron is not forgotten and will not be forgotten by blight:

the gods do always answer prayers, just that sometimes not in the way we might wish. the decision to excile the wench nadia and her kin was a bitter pill for we of blight, in particular, to swallow. however, we had resigned to never having dealing with her again, even tho allegation of price gouging and consumer fraud seemed to follow her constantly...
    nevertheless, we missed her and the handy if painfully expensive wares she provided. we complained, but the gods held firm, and thus we mourned and despaired......
    and lo! the gods heard our cries and reversed their cold decision! rejoice with us that our prodigal gold digger has returned to our loving embrace:

and much more importantly, she has brought her wares with her:

as self proclaimed monarch of blight, i offer my most sincere thanx for these wonderful additions to our lives! may the gods display their wisdom and mercy to us for the millions of years!
    huzzah for the lords of horizons, may we have them until time and times are done!

*makes a little dance with the queen* I share your happyness

check out my b-day prezzie from hollywood this year....

(as this post is screenie intensive, i am posting them as links. please take a glance at them, some of them are pretty not bad, if i do say so myself... )

the warmest of greetings, my beloved queen, and may the gods continue to rain blessings on our dear realm of blight!

yesterday, i was allowed to witness an event that has taken many seasons to come about. great order's eternal hatchie, tagath, has been released from a promise made and decided to ascend to adulthood!

as your official representative to order, i was invited to take part in the ceremony. bipeds are required to obtain a token of esteem in order to access the peak of storms, the traditional ascension place of dragonkind. therefore, i waited with a group of revelers in dralk until the guest of honor arrived and we all headed to the hermit's cave. majesty, who, can you guess, did i met for the first time at the gathering? after you spoke of her so much and so fairly, i felt as if i know the lovely aine instantaneously! i expressed your feelings of longing and sadness at her absence from blight, and she has promised to try to come home and pay her respects.....

once we met at lantenal's cave, tagath acquired the needed tokens and we were allowed to pass to the portal.

my first sight of the peak was dark and dismal, to my eyes and with no offense to dragonkind meant!
    i had heard tales that in the old days, the road to the peak was fraught with danger, with withered aegis harrassing all travellers. you yourself spun yarns of the times you perished attending ascensions, thru fault of your own and none of your companions. however, i was assured this was no longer the case, and this is the truth. not one foe was seen or even sensed as we climbed the road to the peak.

soon, we reached the guardian of the peak of storms, hethas the patient. i was greeted as all such ancient dragons greet the 'naka', which is to say minimally. we gathered around tagath as he stood on the peak platform overlooking the sacred volcano.

once we had all settled, tagath began the transformation, the bubble expanding and contracting while we waiting in breathless anticipation to greet the new adult.
    as with all adult dragons, tagath immediately took to the sky, soaring up toward the moon as fireworks, dragons, and more dragons joined in to celebrate the new adult.

i am grateful to the warm and gracious people of order, who made me most welcome to a private ceremony. i extended your thanks and gratitude to tagath and the party, and added all of my own as well. may the wings of tagath and all dragons never tire, and may they provide protection and friendship to all people of istaria!

that is all for now, my liege, and i hope this report pleases and informs you. blessings of all the gods on you and my beloved blight!

(o and awdz, i have a favor to ask of you or any kind tailor of order - thicklesip would love to have a emerald celestial robe, if someone could make one....not sure what i can do for you in return as derexx, but if you ever get to blight, you can ask whatever is in the queen's power to grant!)

*Curtsies before the Queen, loses her balance and wobbles a bit, but regains her composure...mostly.*

Your dear emissary is too kind! How wonderful to have been so sweetly greeted by Derexx upon arriving in Order to celebrate Tagath's ascension.

I am home in Blight again, Your Grace, and visited your beautiful Cheese Palace just last night. I spoke with your gambling master, but I admit that, despite his polite words, I just didn't understand his message. Ahh, well, my misunderstanding, not his fault. I had been gone too long, it seems. Your grounds look wonderful and it is evident that you have worked long and hard to get them so well built and nice! The roofs hold the weight of a full-sized dragoness, I might add! Very well constructed, indeed!

I hope to see you there soon, dear Queen. Perhaps our schedules will align again soon. Meanwhile, your subjects are as friendly and fun as always.

my deepest apologies, my queen, for the lateness of this report! i have been in an unending nightmare, where i am transported to another world, full of strange beings and odd occurrences - finally to awake in the comfort of istaria and most grateful for it!

the realm of order has had an outpouring of hatchlings deciding it was time to make the leap to adulthood! thicklesip ascended in the midst of many friends, both dragon and ped!
    thick planned to ascend the traditional way, on the peak of storms, so the large group of celebrants gathered in dralk, preparing to parade our way to the hermit's cave to port.
    however, it was quicky determined that portage to the peak would not be an option for all of the participants. the industrious thick had foreseen this, and had chosen a backup area, accessible by all, to hold the momentous event. the hatchling chose an area high above the viewers, standing proudly on a crystal as tho a conquerer surveying his hard won lands.
    the ritual began and the transforming bubble flowed over our heads, blinding us until the process was complete, and before us stood another mighty adult, glory covering him like a magnificent blanket of awe.
    after the traditional greetings by his fellows, thick took flight amid an array of fireworx celebrating his joyous event.
    after the ascension, lovwyrm and flameus hosted a riddle party as thick and the rest of us had some snax and congradulated the new adult.

how wonderful is the realm of order, where such mighty and glorious adult dragons protect istarians from sky and land! huzzah to thicklesip!

please forgive me, once again i pray, my liege, for my tardiness in making this report. i shall endeavour to do better in future!

Thread Information