Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who was your mentor..

Default Re: Who was your mentor..

Hm, it's very hard to say; Malaquion has had a lot of people helping her...

Zexoin, one of two people who came to her ascension (At about six-eightish in the morning xD)
    Dragmar, one of the Dragons of Istaria (who's also Johorie).
    Dranslin, the one who gave her the nickname "Gnomedragon"
    Taenuarhew, the frost lich with the PIE CANNON OF THE NORTH
    Reagle and RyshanKito, also Dragons of Istaria
    There are several others, too...

Me. I was such an awesome mentor... I loved me.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

My mentor was Mt. Dew. Yay! Sugar Rush!

Reviving an old thread, but, ...

I did not actually have the luxury of having a mentor. I was one of the first on the servers to achieve many of the goals. I did have many friends along the path, though!

*helps to thread rez*

I achieved most of my stuff alone or allong with someone of the same level, but if I'd have to name 2 that I'd see as mentors, it would be Nia and Chib, especially Chib in my later days

My mentor was a great big green ancient named Daj who I met back on unity. And boy, when I think back to when I was still new to this game, I wonder how I had managed to make friends at all because I was probably one of the most annoying person around with my nonstop questions that would spring up every few minutes. Luckily Daj was a very....veeeery talkative fellow that I don't think he ever really mind. I would often find myself staying up through ENTIRE nights listening to him talk about every single topic having to do with Istaria.....and still only scratching the surface of his extensive knowledge. He was a walking, talking manuel.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Id have to say I've had many as well

Image, Xanthia, Shartan, Dakoren, Chib, Flatspin, Dievara, and Skywise

my earliest that first helped me when Agua was just little were
    Kaeja, Aideen and Trica (the last 2 were from unity and i did my RoP with them on Agua)

Great game, great community.

Ooh, I have to add to the thread too.

My mentors were Xyndro and Tsargoth, as well as much of the Aurora Alliance guild, even before I joined it. Great times were had, friends were made and wings achieved.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

I didn't have a mentor; but I did have a friend that was right alongside with me for many of my hatchling days and who helped a socially inept, guild-shy creature like myself find the help needed when it came time for RoP.

We fumbled around in the then-ever changing ways to handle your skills, figuring out what was a good stat and what wasn't- and then again when the whole thing went through another overhaul. We had some pretty hilarious deaths, a whole lot of patience and a great deal of joy when it all paid off and we finally got into the sky.

Miss you, Zuraneve. Those were some pretty good times.

Mikeles and Humble

So many old names to miss..

I mentored many..but none are here to remember and name me! =D

As for mine...All of my wing-brethren in the Chet. Really. I would not have stayed in game so long if not for all of them.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Frith, I thought the same.

Read the names and miss them.

Remembering time full of magic, that noone will be able to explain.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Italy... or anywhere that has pencils and paper

As a hatchling I didn't have an official mentor. But if I'd have to name someone I'd say Latrans.
    And on order I'd say Draa, and pretty much every biped or dragon I talked to.
    Astair Brightscale, chaos shard - seasoned dragon, expert dragon crafter and beginner lairshaper

my deviantart!

It depends which server board I think is which.

I didn't really have any mentors, but if I had to choose I'd say Taysia in a way - she helped me a lot, and Lantua (he ran me through some of my RoP). I did most of my things alone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor
    I didn't really have any mentors, but if I had to choose I'd say Taysia in a way - she helped me a lot, and Lantua (he ran me through some of my RoP). I did most of my things alone though.
    You're forgetting some of our older hatchling friends, Racktor. xD Starailia helped us in our later crafting stages, and another hatchling helped us in adventure. Atillad or something, I think was his name. They may not have been mentors exactly, but they still pulled us along a fair bit. Starstilanxs helped a lot during our RoPs too. I don't have any say when it comes to you working up to ancient though, since sadly I wasn't there for most of the time. :c

If I had to choose a mentor, I'd say you because I ended up tagging along most of the time, and you helped a lot with various quests that we did together, and during my RoP with Kaa the Shade, Lem the Cold, and Selenia the Brilliant. Good times. <3

D'aw <3 *snuggles Snowrift*

But that's true, I wasn't really thinking of similar-level/same-stage though - was moreso thinking of elder dragons/bipeds but they definitely count!

Somehow never saw this thread...must have been while I was napping...

Didn't have an official mentor, but, at the risk of offending the many, MANY dragons who offered assistance and advice, I'd have to name three who had singular influence: LungTien, on 'philosophical' questions and information; Thicklesip, for advice and knowledge about scales and claws; and, the Great Blue Chicken, Rathios, for combat related suggestions and for making me laugh....
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Well, there's a lot, let's see.....

The higher level people

For all my lore questions, Maekrux, bless him for not going into a rage about how stupid they were.

Djawn, for my first RP ever IOU1

janesaphira, for helping me out even more with RP, such as extending posts, some backstory, etc.

ArchDemon - Gave me a whole bunch of spells and stuff (which I still have, somewhere....) that made my early levels a whole lot easier. Got my first Primal Health I from him.

Morinare - Bless him, helped me a lot with crafting, thanks for that cargo disk and the locations of those pesky Ruxus (of whom I've slaughtered ruthlessly)

AryaStrongClaw - those scales you made saved my life. Still are, actually
    *runs off to (try) to kill those red spiders....*

Those I played with around my level
    Araluna - helped me through those kion quests. *nightmares about beetles, oh the beetles....*

Shyrr - first person (I think...A little fuzzy :P) I ever met in game. We got pretty well along the New Trismus quests together.

And that's all I remember at the moment.....

*bow* Thank you all for your help.

Still going, let's see who else I meet ^.^

Right...Special mention for Giza and Fasiro! Who I first met a little south of New Trismus for a nice little RP story. Regretfully, Giza was on the trial and will not be returning to Istaria, and Fasiro was a friend's alt. Hope you decide to come back and play again Giza.

Hm.. well could consider the players to introduced me to Istaria, there`s Scaleeth, Aideen, and Trica. sadly all who no longer play. D:
    But for those who still do, I`d say all my friends. ^^

Most people I met on my first day of istaria don't play anymore: http://i45.tinypic.com/2jz2xc.jpg
    I had an earlier one that showed Falkor (or however you spell Reags' druid draggie) off to the left buuut... I can't seem to find it.

Anyways, those I remember are:
    Taysia: For answering many of my stupid, stupid questions and putting up with my blathering and bad grammar.
    Lantua: For running my through the old path to Draak on my Rite of Passage, and also introducing me to the concept of modding Istaria and generally being a good person :3
    Murial & Vicki: The two uber-peds that showered me with hoard, helped me level, and introduced me to some concepts of the game as well as being very friendly~
    Reagle: For getting me addicted to lairshaping ._. I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    aannnddd ummm...
    Cynny: For being the first big butt blue dragon I've seen in the game and then being my best friend ever since

I can't remember anyone else, then again my mind is numb from trying to wake up earlier but failing.. <.< But I've met many people who've given me pointers and helped me along ^^ And I hope I can follow in their footsteps to give pointers to those under me and hopefully be a bit of a mentor to them.

Thread Information