Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is so Wrong with Camping?

Default Re: What is so Wrong with Camping?

*slaps self*
    Oww.
    *looks at himself*
    What was that for?
    For being Schizophrenic.
    I am not.
    I am, too.
    Am not.
    Am.
    *slaps himself*
    Shut up.
    ((This could go on all night))
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    WANNA KNOW WHAT REALLY ANNOYS ME ABOUT THAT GUILD? THEIR GUILD NAME IS IN ALL CAPS. WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS IT MAKES ME TWITCH SOMETHING FIERCE. ISN'T THIS ANNOYING? I THINK IT IS ANNOYING.

But they are far from the only people I've come across who doesn't understand THAT YOU SHOULDN'T DO THIS all the time. Every now and then I see someone on a forum who doesn't know what the freaking capslock key is for too. *shudders*
    It's also annoying when someone does it to demonstrate the annoyingness of it.

And of course, the OCCness of their guild name. Whatever happened to "you're not allowed to use trademarked or famous personages or the name of any current or former member of the TulgAE/Vi team"? But again, not the only people who do that.
    Not certain if that applies to guild names. Does it? *coughs* Not that I don't think the name is silly, but if it's not against the rules, they can name their guild whatever they want.

Come to think of it... You know what? There are a lot of people that annoy me. Everyone slap yourself once for me. Kthanksmmmmbuhbye.
    Only if everyone will do the same for me. ;p

*slap self*

Ooooh! That feels... good!

*slaps self again*

Mmm... AFK!!

How... disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    *slaps self*
    Oww.
    *looks at himself*
    What was that for?
    For being Schizophrenic.
    I am not.
    I am, too.
    Am not.
    Am.
    *slaps himself*
    Shut up.
    ((This could go on all night))
    NO NO NO!! NOT SCHIZOPHRENIC!!

Multiple Personality Disorder - or the official term - Dissociative Disorder.

NOT SCHIZO!!

Schizo is not the multiple/split personalities!!

Sorry - soapbox - I hate when people mix those up .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Actually, one symptom of many schizophrenics is to have multiple personality disorder.

But Oakleif didn't say that he was schizophrenic because he had multiple personalities. He just said that he was schizophrenic, which is any impairment in the perception of reality. So, you know, that whole "fighting with himself" thing that he does is a rather warped perception of reality, and thus schizo.

This message has been brought to you by an under-used degree in Psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Actually, one symptom of many schizophrenics is to have multiple personality disorder.

But Oakleif didn't say that he was schizophrenic because he had multiple personalities. He just said that he was schizophrenic, which is any impairment in the perception of reality. So, you know, that whole "fighting with himself" thing that he does is a rather warped perception of reality, and thus schizo.

This message has been brought to you by an under-used degree in Psychology.

My doctorate in psychology and daily use, including state hospital experience overrides your underused undergrade degree in psychology.

Simply put, um no that's wrong.

If you want though I can go into the lengthy explanation that says that's wrong.

Though you are right, he didn't specify if he was arguging with voices or an entirely different personality inside his head. Though the sheer fact of him argugin with that personality would argue against Dis. D/o - even those who are aware of their personalities (who are D.D. don't have more than one in possession at the same time).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    *slap self*

Ooooh! That feels... good!

*slaps self again*

Mmm... AFK!!
    I'm a WAY MORE worried about that quote

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

"I have an interesting case. I'm treating two sets of Siamese twins with split personalities. I'm getting paid by eight people." Woody Allen, Zelig

It's a full-rotation derailment into a perfect backflip, and Frith-Rae sticks the landing! 10, 10, 10, 10, and a 9.8 from the Lunus judge!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

My, this thread has certainly been derailed.

uuhhm- what was the topic of this thread?

-What is so Wrong with Camping?-

Well now we know: it leads straight ahaed to the couch of a psychiatrist

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    My doctorate in psychology<snip>
    Wow a Doctorate. *puts Firth on his list of smart people*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    It's a full-rotation derailment into a perfect backflip, and Frith-Rae sticks the landing! 10, 10, 10, 10, and a 9.8 from the Lunus judge!
    heheheheh. Pffft those Lunus judges, always trying to throw the competition in favour of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    uuhhm- what was the topic of this thread?

-What is so Wrong with Camping?-

Well now we know: it leads straight ahaed to the couch of a psychiatrist
    LOL
    - lucky she has never camped -

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

heheheheh. Pffft those Lunus judges, always trying to throw the competition in favour of their own.
    Uhhhmm.. Frithy *IS* a Lunie. :P
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

On a short step back to the topic...

I'd say it depends pretty much on the camper's attitude and what they're camping. If they're camping a mob they KNOW is for a quest and it is on a slow timer...to some, that's just plain rude even if no one's there when the camper kills him.

Four hour timer- they kill him and move on to the next camp..if someone needs him in that next time span, the quester has to wait, and has no idea who killed him or how long ago. And not everyone has that kind of time. The camper can leave after they do the kill- they know when it'll be back. The quester has to stand there instead and hope they're at the end of the time cycle. Instances where that happens has made me rather displeased toward campers; starting back in the days of Everquest and holding strong to the here and now.

I've no problem with someone camping spawns that aren't quest related, personally, but it drives me mad on ANY game when they're camping special ones related to quests.

oh yes I am most definitley a loonie, as Phar put it ...

And sorry for the hijack - it was just a small one! And if you want the thread back on topic well there - you put it back! Just like Kyr there did .

And I'd put it back on topic too,but I"m trying to limit how much I repeat myself in one thread .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

I'll never understand why CNA gets so much crap for camping. I've never heard of them doing anything mean to other players like kill-stealing.

I haven't seen a bad camping situation since beta at the Fire Golem. A particular guild would do everything possible to get you KILLED if you had the gall to be hunting that golem.

If they were camping something that's quest related, non-stop, and never giving questers a chance THEN I'd agree that that is rude, but, c'mon, anyone can go after the SoG or Valkor. I find this especially ridiculous since I haven't been able to find any other group even wanting to kill them, so it's like people are bitching for bitching's sake.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

TelShyia

Casyle, possilby one can't find anyone willing to hunt SoG or Valkor, is BECAUSE CNA camps them constantly, thus giving no one else the chance to get a group together to 'hunt' that epic boss.
    I am willing to bet that unless you were in thier little clique, that if one asked to join them, then they would be unwilling to let you join said group to particpate in the kill / loot / rewards. But I may be wrong, as I have never PERSONALLY asked them to participate in an EPIC hunt, although one did go out of their way to show me a nice way to do some ornaments, then graciously left the field so my g-kid and I could grab some stuff. So it's really just a matter of how you treat others, and how YOU want to be treated by others.
    I have seen MANY others complain about how CNA 'camps' bosses, mobs, etc, and call them cheaters / exploiters, etc. yet when they (the others) turned around and did the same thing it was okay...must be that double standard thing that confuses me...

While I dont agree with those tactics, that is just the way they want to play. If they dont want to share said mob / loot, then more power to them. One doesnt need those weapons / scales / axes / bows / crystals or whatever to be a good 'killer' in this game. I do quite well with a Triple Vengance scale and a few 'non-specialized' xtals in my claw.
    So, if a certain group / guild / player wants to camp those epic mobs let them. I find that playing this game is just a matter of what you want to accomplish, who you want to help, etc.
    If you have 5,000,000 boars masks, or what ever, so what, can't use but one at a time anyways. You have a mith coin! Great, grats to you. If I keep playing, then someday (if that's my goal) then I will too. Ain't nothing but funny money anyway, has no REAL value except here.

I have nothing against ANY guild, it is well known that my toon, tries to help all, regardless of race (and here in mean ped or dragon LOL), creed (guilds), or color (although i am kinda partial to blue dragons (again LOL)).

I talk to CNA, buff CNA peeps, guess I should be banned by association too! LMAO

Well, that is my rant...guess I'll go hit blight while maint is running.....

I agree with you Tel, concerning the rewards from the epic mobs.
    I gave away all I earned, except one claw- and even that I do not really need.
    (but we are drags- don`t know about bi peds)

BUT
    it`s much fun hunting boss mobs, it brings people together who normally do not play together, you learn a lot, useful in the game.

Everybody should have the chance to do so-
    and everybody has the right to do so!!

But I hope, it`s true what Casyle said:

" c'mon, anyone can go after the SoG or Valkor. I find this especially ridiculous since I haven't been able to find any other group even wanting to kill them, so it's like people are bitching for bitching's sake."

I will find out, as soon as our chars are transfered.
    Guess the first thing we`ll do is a good hunting_________________

TelShyia

you got it Lovwyrm. Love to go hunting with you....

Thread Information