Thread: Dragon Appearance Altering

Default Dragon Appearance Altering

Ok, first off I'm very happy to see that we haven't been forgotten. I know we have a team working on improving the game, and I'm very grateful for that. I know there are a lot of things in the works, so this isn't a big hurry.

I know I'm not alone in this: I'm wondering if there's a way to eventually give us the option of changing our appearance. Several other online games I've played gave you the option to change your appearance later in the game if desired. Bipeds, while they can't change their whole appearance, have the option to dye their armor at will provided they have the skills.

I have so many dragon characters just because of the fact I've grown bored with my main dragon's appearance. It's dreadful trying to get the others to ancienthood just so I have more than one option. I know of several others that wish they too could change the look of their dragon, as what sometimes looks good as a hatchling, doesn't always have the same appeal as an adult. Or some, like myself, have just grown bored.

Some I know would never change their look, and I know some may be against this idea, but why not have the option? Maybe have it so you can check a box before logging in to enter a character alteration like the character creation. It could be available at any time in the game, or maybe just at special times in the dragons life (i.e. every 10 levels, after the Rites are completed, etc). Or even create level based quests to be completed in order to alter the dragons appearance.

I know changing your appearance and color whenever the mood hits isn't realistic, but the game wasn't meant to be a reflection of the real world.

Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

Default Re: Dragon Appearance Altering

I am with you on this! I would love to be able to change my dragons' appearences. I also think visible dragon armor is a great idea. Being able to dye it and everything... if someone didn't like that idea, then they could just dye their armor invisible, right?
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

I like the idea. As dragons do look different as they age, What may have been a good color for a hatchling, may not look good on an adult.

I am *all for this*!

I've wanted to change a few things about Veya for a very long time. Simply because she was made back when no one was adult or anything. I had no idea how she would turn out as an ancient, and I'm not completely happy with it. Perhaps have a small fee each time you want to change your appearance? And for the whole "changing your appearance when the mood is right" thing, it's fantasy land, anything can happen, right?

So, bumpity bump!

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Smile Re: Dragon Appearance Altering

How about a Rite of Alteration.
    The Rite of Alteration would be a rite a dragon can perform only as an Ancient. It is a quest similar to a Rite of Passage, but smaller in size and a bit lower in difficulty. Still it should take a while to complete, but completely doable solo! It would be a new rite sprung in existence due to the fact that dragons can no longer grow naturaly. This quest is a side effect of the Rites of Passages.

At the end of the quest you are taken to the character creation screen where you can fashion yourself a new Ancient body.

This rite can be performed as many times as you want.
    The length of the quest will keep the changes in check.

Hah, as a Roleplayer you can play now an undecided dragon, which performs the alteration quest again and again, ...

Salis

I like the Rite of Alteration suggestion. Could be that Ancients learn of a new ability that allows them to go 'undercover' by changing into different types to fit in with their landscape and blend in (in reality this translates to : be whatever colour you feel like today). Either that or the viewable armour scales would be nice; check out the dragon art thread in the forums for some fantastic takes on Lunus and Helian armour, which could then be dyed (by biped made dyes? give us another reason to tolerate the little snacks) to fit your dragons desires.

I personally wouldn't be interested in changing my dragons colours, but I would like the armour scales in that thread Not to mention that it is kind of annoying to be able to see the festival scales but nothing else (especially if you do what I did yesterday and forgot to swap back to my armour one... oops, 1dp to me)
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I like the rite of alteration thing too. It should be something not done with just a mouseclick - it cant be as easy as lshaking offyour body scales and buy new ones ! Something with some effort would be nice. Probably even with a nice quest line to it

I also like this idea. When I created my dragon there weren't even NPC ancients in the game and I'm not really happy with the way mine turned out (he's ok, but I'm not real happy with the ancient version of the "crown of thorns" head although it looks ok on hatchlings and adults). Also, since I created my dragon several new heads have become available and I really like a couple of them.

I agree with others that you shouldn't be able to change your appearance with a mouse click, but it should be possible with some effort.

I'm with you on this one. It would be a good feature indeed to allow dragons to change their colour and pattern through a means of doing a quest which can only be done once every 30 days or something along those lines to keep things fresh for those who'd like a change of theme for their dragon.

Thread Information