Thread: Whatever happened to adjusting Armor Usage

Default Whatever happened to adjusting Armor Usage

Whelp...

As a druid, I'd just like to say, leather is pretty wimpy. At level 100, it would be nice, to be able to wear essence leather. Turns out, maxed though I am, I cannot equip said armor.

This is disappointing. :(

I believe AE said that they would look @ requirements and adjust as too many classes cannot equip many tier 5 items, due to the skill requirements.

Yes, I've heard it argued that skill points can be used thusly...HOWEVER, armor use, is not a skill that training points can be applied to.

So....AE, please, why not make things so your level is sufficient? That, or make standard things such as armor be a skill gained @ 10/level for ALL classes.

Thanks!

Kharron

Default Re: Whatever happened to adjusting Armor Usage

I hear ya... as a dwarf cleric I have 905 AU at lvl 100, it is so disheartening to be only 5 points away from using mithril plate and to have to level another school (like monk) to get the AU to wear plate as a cleric.

Something else has been bugging me for a while; what about armor in general being based on AU only and not level. For example as a low level monk (in the teens) my rating is over 80 so I have to fight high level mobs to get any progress but I'm stuck with wearing pajamas even though my AU is over 900. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to wear higher level armors to protect yourself better even though you are still limited to using a lower tier weapon or spell. It only makes sense that once you've learned how to wear better armors that you retain the knowledge once you switch to a different class.

Just my oppinion.

Khar

i think the biggest reason for not all classes getting 10 AU per level is balance.

Clerics are able wear plate, just like a warrior...however a cleric can survivie much longer than an equal level warrior due to the number of heals they have access too. Now granted, all classes aren't balanced in this game yet, but I think the armor use per level is appropriate for most classes.

Druids are kind of a fill in the gap class. they can heal, damage, stun, etc. there has to be some trade off somewhere.

In addition, I like the level requirements on the armor and weapons. Thats bout the only way to stop "twink" characters. picture a lvl 1 rating 80 character with mithril plate....something wrong there. Multiclassing is relatively easy (from what i hear, dragon here so can't multiclass) so allowing tier V armor at lower tiers would just make an already fairly easy process even easier.

Again...the trade-off. you want the added power of teh additional class, but you have to work for it.

*puts on flame retardant scales* Fire away!
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

I am not saying to take away the armor level requirement. I am saying that armor is NOT balanced in this game.

The balance lies in the type of armor that can be equipped. Why further penalize classes by not even letting them EQUIP that armor?

As a druid, spell damage sucks, hitting damage sucks, and our armor is better than mage classes, but not by a whole lot. Mage gets 10 armor / level AND yes...they TOTALLY need it. Well, druid classes do also.

Druid has the WORST combination of stats out there. Crappy stre/level, dext/level, power/level, focus/level. We are limited to leather...but cannot even wear leather armor with a level 910 requirement, at level 100?

Few points:

1) armor is not balanced and we've been told it's on the "to-do" list as are many other things

2) not all classes *SHOULD* be allowed (in my opinion) to wear the max armor - that's the whole point of having different classes with different abilities - some have better access to stuff than others.

3) the softcap of 100 will be raised sooner rather than later - so it's just a matter of time before you get more AU and more levels.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

Serat

While I agree with Dalthbar's point 2 completely, I wonder if it would really be that imbalancing if we were to be allowed to spend training points on armor skill. This would require the tradeoff and the developers could define how much pain should be inflicted for that tradeoff by adjusting the amount of training points necessary to get an addition to armor skill. Then, it allows greater flexibility by players who want to increase defense at the expense of other skills (evasion, offense). This might not be relevant however for some schools. For example, for druids, I see very little impact on nature or focus on the to hit chance or damage. It might be there, but its so subtle not to be worth it. Therefore, most druids would probably pick up the defense and let their cloak of thorns be the focus.

Thread Information