Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

  1. #1

    Default scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    My head is spinning around HZ all day long, I just cant help it Even though I cant play since Iam still waiting for that char copy, I keep asking myself questions that I probably cant answer myself anymore because its gone so long that I played. I also know that most likely a lot has changed since I played the last time, I remember higher tiered recources to be extremely rare and hard to come by.

    First off, Ivy is not at level 100 crafing yet - shes only like level 90. If I remember it well, she is a level 40 lairshaper, and Iam very much hoping to change that by building my own lair

    There are 2 major questions itching me atm.

    If you were to plan different sets of crafting scales ( without going into endless numbers ) which ones would you craft ?

    Which tiers of chambers can be savely planned without having to fear that its almost impossible to ever complete them because of recource problems ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    What is Ivy's adventure level?

    Remember that the scales you can use depend upon the highest active school (either adventure or craft/lairshaping). If your adventure is under 40, then you'd be limited to t3 scales for lairshaping. If it's 80 or above, then you could have t5 scales.

    As for chambers, well... they're all completable. It's a matter of how crazy you are. From the looks of things, you seem to be crazy enough to do any of them.

  3. #3

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    Ivy- why don`t you come in and see? (trial)

    So many nice new things to discover, winter event is still on, get a really beautiful mask for your dragon, see new discs and learn how to craft them,a.s.o.
    But first of all, meet old and new friends. There are chat channels with Unitarians, and chat channels where we`re all mixed up *greets the people of UoP*

    Breathe the air of Istaria again and enjoy- it will propably shorten the time waiting for the transfer^^ at least it worked for me

  4. #4

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    Ivy is a level 100 dragon adventurer.

    I have been trying to come back without my Ivy .. I payed for several months, I tried to rebuild everything I had. In case you might seen me spooking around chaos, my little dragon was called Thazha. Probably you remember seeing her sig on the boards too, which I was using back then. Thazha got into her 40s and is an adult. I also started building up a lair, but she was only level 50 or so drca so it was rather painfull.



    I tried, and tried hard - but Thazha will never be Ivy. Ivy is special, and playing Thazha only reminded me every day that it just doesnt feel quite right. I missed her even harder then I do right now and its already pretty bad the way it is .

    Ivy is the the one and only that I have played from the day the servers came up for the first time, and those feelings I had when she grew adult and ancient later on simply lack words to describe.

    Thats why Iam one of those former Unity players who can live with leaving anything and everything behind - I dont care about the vault, I dont care about my lair, I dont care about coins or anything I had in my bags -

    I only want my Ivy back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    I did not know, you`ve tried before, Ivy.
    I started playing again about 3 month ago, could not earlier because
    PMEE had no support to get me into the game.

    But believe me, I understand what you`ve said. I really do. No need to say more

    I would not be here, if there was no hope, that my old dragon would be back soon.

    Let`s all meet in Kion again-see you there, when the time has come..

  6. #6
    Member Zexoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    France/Order (GMT+1)
    Posts
    1,837

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Thats why Iam one of those former Unity players who can live with leaving anything and everything behind - I dont care about the vault, I dont care about my lair, I dont care about coins or anything I had in my bags -

    I only want my Ivy back
    You're not asked to leave your Ivy behind. I am sure you'll get her back in the next few weeks
    But in the meantime you can use the 14-days trial to meet the people of Order or Chaos, to visit the world she's gonna live in when she's back. We'll be glad to meet you on Order if you decide to visit us

  7. #7
    Member velveeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight
    Posts
    4,918

    Thumbs up Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Ivy is a level 100 dragon adventurer.

    I have been trying to come back without my Ivy .. I payed for several months, I tried to rebuild everything I had. In case you might seen me spooking around chaos, my little dragon was called Thazha. Probably you remember seeing her sig on the boards too, which I was using back then. Thazha got into her 40s and is an adult. I also started building up a lair, but she was only level 50 or so drca so it was rather painfull.



    I tried, and tried hard - but Thazha will never be Ivy. Ivy is special, and playing Thazha only reminded me every day that it just doesnt feel quite right. I missed her even harder then I do right now and its already pretty bad the way it is .

    Ivy is the the one and only that I have played from the day the servers came up for the first time, and those feelings I had when she grew adult and ancient later on simply lack words to describe.

    Thats why Iam one of those former Unity players who can live with leaving anything and everything behind - I dont care about the vault, I dont care about my lair, I dont care about coins or anything I had in my bags -

    I only want my Ivy back
    i hear ya, ivy - when blight was shut down, i started a new character, a hatchie named mourningwood. love the little guy, and when i am finally done with vel, i will play him....but i just couldn't get into chaos. it wasn't bad, it just wasn't home......
    its the lack of closure, i think and not to sound all psychobabble or anything - we just didn't get stop playing the character voluntarily.
    its a real good idea to use the 14 day trial to explore the various shards and find out which one you most enjoy being on - blight will prolly be used to test whatever import solution is decided on, and ultimately you will need to choose it or one of the live shards......
    plus the game will already be installed and ready for you to start playing!!

    i do feel your pain most intensely as if it was yesterday, and i pray for you to have the same feeling i had when i was able to log back in and see vel and illy. jr once again.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/velveeta
    ogle the menagerie:http://www.freewebs.com/velveeta/

  8. #8

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There are 2 major questions itching me atm.

    If you were to plan different sets of crafting scales ( without going into endless numbers ) which ones would you craft ?

    Which tiers of chambers can be savely planned without having to fear that its almost impossible to ever complete them because of recource problems ?
    Scales: Well, all of 'em, lol. We're dragons, our skills are still sub-par. I have a set with Mining/Smelting/Lairshaping, Quarry/Stonework/Gemwork, Essence Harvest/Essence Shaping/Spellcraft. Only need them for Tier 5/6.

    Chambers: Tier 6 gem nodes still don't exist, so those are the main blockage. Everything else can be done at will.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

  9. #9

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    and what about tier 5 nodes ? Any close to a processor - or far off anything ?

    Since my dady is playing on chaos Iam already sure where Iam heading, my game is patched and up-to-date as that doesnt require a subscription. And I also feel like I know it to some content since I got a level 40 something dragon there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Member Zexoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    France/Order (GMT+1)
    Posts
    1,837

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    and what about tier 5 nodes ? Any close to a processor - or far off anything ?
    Dunno about Chaos, but on Order ithril is a breeze to craft in Wolf's paw. We have Jman shops and silos near the mithril mine, where you can find Two ML of mithril and one ML of plat.

    Marble is easy too, north-east of Last Stand, but guarded by golems.

    Shining essence is the real pain ; best place I've found is on drakul, but it's a long flight to drag the disk back to the portal.

    Gems can be made on Isle of Fire or Saritova, but again they are guarded and long flight back.

    I've not worked on Crimson azulyte yet.

  11. #11

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    anybody know about tier 5 recources on chaos ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In a skylair, high above the clouds
    Posts
    2,221

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithraxx View Post
    Scales: Well, all of 'em, lol. We're dragons, our skills are still sub-par. I have a set with Mining/Smelting/Lairshaping, Quarry/Stonework/Gemwork, Essence Harvest/Essence Shaping/Spellcraft. Only need them for Tier 5/6.
    I made 4 sets for everything but salvage/transmutation:

    STR - Quarrying/Stoneworking/Lairshaping
    STR - Mining/Smelting/Scalecraft
    POW - Quarrying/Gemworking/Crystalshaping
    POW - Essence Harvesting/Essence Shaping/Spellcraft

    There's a minor inefficiency in the third set, but not enough to really worry about, since Quarrying can be offset with harvesting potions, and Crystalshaping/gemworking with Focus and Dex potions.

    Chambers: Tier 6 gem nodes still don't exist, so those are the main blockage. Everything else can be done at will.
    Neither do Adamantium nodes (last I checked).
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

    1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

  13. #13

    Default Re: scale sets ? tiers for lair rooms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus View Post
    Neither do Adamantium nodes (last I checked).
    True dat. However, mithril bars can be transmuted into admantium bars, (Granted, I have a biped, so it's optimal efficiency) which beats waiting for admantium as a mining bonus. (I don't mind doing a lot of work for my T6, but the only being tested by the gems is my patience.)

    *CUT* gems can be transmuted also. The programmers dropped the ball when they forgot to provide SOME way to generate uncut T6 gems.

    ------------------------------------------------------------

    Ivy: T5 resources on Chaos are in pretty good shape. Marble has a dragon lair just south of the field. Mithril has facilities at Wolf's Paw. Gems are rougher, of course, but fire island has a gemcutter there to make tricuts on site. For essence, I know of at least one dragon lair south of the swamp. All of this could change if we ever have a plot reclaim, of course, but overall it's as convenient as the game allows.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •