Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not really a rant...

Default Not really a rant...

I don't normally pass things like this on, but this just freaked me out.

Which way is the dancer turning?

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...l?from=mostpop

I see her as spinning only one way and can't make her "switch" no matter what I do. My daughter looked at her and in seconds said "Both, she switches sometimes". My son sees her as only going the opposite way as I do and he can't make her switch either.

It's freaky!

Default Re: Not really a rant...

Look down by the shadow. I can see her turning both ways.

*sits and stares, gets absolutely nothing done the rest of the day*

she definitely switched a few times while i watched for about 5 min or less.

Mostly clockwise but she does switch

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

FINALLY I made her switch. I went and did a bunch of math problems, and looked again, and she switched.

I still say it's freaky, though.

I seem to recall seeing this animation pop up on another forum I visit a while ago. after a certain amount of time the animation switches directions for a short time before switching back.

Alright.. mostly.. she spins clockwise.. occasionally when I am thinking about nothing at all.. she decides to spin the other...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

ROFL! Oh yeah, I needed a lairshaping break, but now my eyes hurt...

Clockwise for me. Couldn't get the wench to reverse the spin no matter what. (Right brained? Me? Yeah right, pull the other one, it has bells.)

Downloaded the .gif, ripped it open (34 frames), nothing hinky there...
    Waited a few minutes for a sudden switch to re-save-picture-as to see if they were swapping gifs... nada.

And then tracked this down:
    http://scienceline.org/2007/10/29/as...n-hemispheres/

After ripping the logic behind the 'test' apart, the last link on that page leads here:

http://ofb.net/~whuang/imgs/spin/

Much better. Now I can make the plain (center) image switch at will.

Annnnnnd back to lairshaping. Only 100k mithril bars to go.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

well, I go with Tcei

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

she started counterclock for me, but quickly switched to clock and did not change again......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

If you have two people in a room watching this animation (the SAME animation, not on different computers and not having the page open twice), it is possible for one of those people to see the dancer going clockwise at the same time as the other person sees it going counterclockwise, and for them to see the direction switch at different times.

If you think the animation itself changes direction, please explain the above fact.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

It's all in your own brain I think (the changing of direction; or the trying to do so but not being able to).
    I need to concentrate on the foot on the ground to be able to change direction back and forth at will (but probably that point of concentration will vary for others). When my concentration slips, I can't change the direction anymore for a while.

It took me a few minutes, but now I can get her to change direction pretty easily. Nice little exercise in perception.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Watch closely she actually switches which leg she spins , I go with both directions also.

I saw it anti-clockwise first time... so I'm..
    "LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
    uses logic
    detail oriented
    facts rule
    words and language
    present and past
    math and science
    can comprehend
    knowing
    acknowledges
    order/pattern perception
    knows object name
    reality based
    forms strategies
    practical
    safe"

Well I suppose so. Not the first test that said I was left-brained. However I could stare at it and adjust to it was going the other way; I think it depends when in the sequence you start to look.

Rakku

Huh. I see they don't have a category for "immediately noticed that the silhouette had teets". I guess that would be "desperate".

ARGHHHHHHH my head! Stupid helian thing! Makes Lunus head hurt !! ARGHHHH!H!!

I tried, but dont get to understand that thing ^^

Oh and I use my right brain ... that thing turns clockwise for me

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee View Post
    I need to concentrate on the foot on the ground to be able to change direction back and forth at will (but probably that point of concentration will vary for others).
    Works for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    ARGHHHHHHH my head! Stupid helian thing! Makes Lunus head hurt !! ARGHHHH!H!!

I tried, but dont get to understand that thing ^^

Oh and I use my right brain ... that thing turns clockwise for me

Same... I can't get it to turn around no matter what I do. The head is turning to the right, so dictates that's the direction she is going.... I don't undersand how you flip it..... *grumbles*

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Same... I can't get it to turn around no matter what I do. The head is turning to the right, so dictates that's the direction she is going.... I don't undersand how you flip it..... *grumbles*
    Each frame of the animation is one position going one way and another seperate position going the other way. You need to recognise the other way while watching the opposite and it suddenly snaps in and you'll see it change direction.

Rakku

Thread Information