Thread: Need advice on leveling Healer.... Stuck and frustrated...

Default Need advice on leveling Healer.... Stuck and frustrated...

-First off, get the laughing and pointing out of your systems, 'k? I didn't take Healer until AFTER I did all of the Arcane classes, except Chaos Warrior. So get the giggling over with, will ya'll?

I'm so beyond frustrated here... I want to try and avoid trophy hunting, so I was hoping that I'm missing something....

I'm currently a Rating 133, lvl 51 Healer but I don't know how to continue short of trophy hunting. My 1-hand Crush skill is only 428 so I can't melee anything, and this is my first serious foray into a non-Arcane class so I have very few spells/abilities to use. I could fit ALL of my attack abilities/spells on a single hotkey bar, and they'd only take up about 5 of the 10 keys.

Emerald Golems barely budge my life bar but Travertine Golems are too powerful, as my Life skill is still not that high so my heals only heal about 200 life. I'd spend the entire fight healing, healing, and healing some more. I can kill Sapling Thornwood Treants, but it takes about 5 minutes.

I see very few groups anymore, so that hasn't been much of an option either.

Is there a lvl 100 - 120 creature out there I'm not thinking about that I could hunt? Or am I simply crap-outta-luck without a group, or the sslllooww trophy hunting?

*Sighs* Appreciate any comments/advice.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Default Re: Need advice on leveling Healer.... Stuck and frustrated...

how are you with aoe? beetles & wolves swarm, if you can withstand them long enough to kill them then sheer numbers may make up for lesser xp (ice & fire islands, selen forest). blights in the ED are another nasty that many level up on - the coin does not hurt, either ;-)

i don't generally hunt just for the sake of leveling so i'm probably not the best to advise you. maybe switching focus to collecting comps for your next armor set would help relieve frustration between hunts? good luck!

well with ratin 133 ya still got a good variety to choose from. if ya dont feel like takin any other classes to help with healer you can try the fyakki in ed they are pretty much melee an arent crush resis cept for harden shell. it might be easier just to lvl soo nature class an use thunder na lightning storm to aoe with that what i did anyway:P

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    how are you with aoe? beetles & wolves swarm, if you can withstand them long enough to kill them then sheer numbers may make up for lesser xp (ice & fire islands, selen forest). blights in the ED are another nasty that many level up on - the coin does not hurt, either ;-)

i don't generally hunt just for the sake of leveling so i'm probably not the best to advise you. maybe switching focus to collecting comps for your next armor set would help relieve frustration between hunts? good luck!
    Healers can't cast bombs.

Off the top of my head I have... Enhanced Flame Bolt, Enhanced Energy Bolt, Engulf, Mind Bolt, Manifest Power *how useless*, 1 8 second stun, 1 3 second stun, 1 mez, and Energy Beam, a low-damage, long-range pull ability. Spell-wise all I have is Mystic Blaze, that mez, and Ice Shackles. That's all. I haven't forayed into any other classes that let me use their spells as a Healer, like Shaman or Paladin.

A swarm of that level? * Laugh* I wish! A single emerald golem can give me a tough time!

I'm about to go work on Monk. At least it starts at lvl 1 and I should be able to get it up to lvl 30 or so alone.

Rizo, I can't melee My skill is only 428! At my rating I'd have to melee the Indesctructable Fyakki, but I'd never be able to hit them with my low skill.

Ugh.... I'm afraid my only real choice is trophy-hunting if I can't find a group. I'm NOT looking foward to doing Monk! If I have trouble finding a group as a Healer, I'm in trouble as a Monk! haha

Now I knew there was a good reason why I took Warrior to lvl 100 first... I Just knew there'd be a reason to take a nearly worthless class otherwise, cept for to gain weapon skills well above what normal folks would have starting any secondary school..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    Now I knew there was a good reason why I took Warrior to lvl 100 first... I Just knew there'd be a reason to take a nearly worthless class otherwise, cept for to gain weapon skills well above what normal folks would have starting any secondary school..
    Yeah.. A friend told me I should take Warrior, Monk, and Healer first.

I balked at time since, well, I didn't think there'd be a time where finding a group would be so hard.

Annoyingly, 1-hand crush is my lowest melee skill. I have good skill in 2-hand crush, 2-hand slash and 1-hand slash. Not sure about 1-hand pierce....

Usually what Ive been doing to lvl, is when I start a new school.. I typically have been using my Spiritist repeater spell to kill most the stuff I go play with.. mainly cuz I play with beetles as most spirit spells are not negated by that Harden Shell skill that the beetles and Fyakki have. I can then pretty much go out and solo about anything out there under lvl 100... Unnamed of course... at lvl 1 of any adventure school I can cast my repeater...

Personally, I am working on Monk ATM... mainly so I can do some weapon free fighting so no matter what class I'm working on, I can play with it with no worry of weapon incompatibilities.. GL on your adventures..

I don't have Spirit Bolt to use heh heh. I'm relying on Burning Bolt then Energy Bolt II and beyond, tech'd with Stun II/III to kill stuff.

I'm working on Monk as well. I'm going to take a break from trying to figure out how to level Healer and get Monk up some levels. I figure it can only help when I'm a Healer to master stuff like Foresight and the evasion bonuses and such. Oo, and detox! Hoping I can solo high enough to master that. Though I haven't even learned it yet... *lvl 20 so far*

Why not do just two levels of spiritist right now? That won't show on your rating; but it will give you the first spiritbolt; and that is allready useful for a surprisingly long time

I see the dilemna. Your only choice is to use whatever repeating spell you have (and slowly grind up healer) or switch to druid, get that to 100 and then work on Healer. Then you'll have "bombs/aoes" to cast when you work healer.

Since you have no supporting schools for Healer, you are pretty much trying to level Healer as your first school but with a high rating (and a little Armor Use benefit).

I think you have a very tough time ahead. Personally, I'd do Druid at least a few levels, or all the way to 100, and then go back to Healer. If you think you may be fighting group mobs, take Spiritist high enough to get at least EP I or II.

Druids get AoE's? Hmm...

Spirist for 2 levels huh...

Thanks, when I"m more awake I'll consider those options

Wait a sec...

I have no Spirit skill, so wouldn't that mean if I only took 2 levels of Spiritist that my Spirit Bolt would rarely, if ever, hit the kind of creatures I have to hunt? *Lvl 90+*

I think that would be the case... though.. Spiritist as well as monk both get to use 2hc weapons such as you already have for Mage etc.

IF you can find someone to group with (a tank or a good damage dealer), I'd try that and go mass kill fire opals or something. Or partner up with a druid.

If I were working on druid, I'd offer to help out, but... Trying to get warrior and healer (low 30s and 90s, respectively) done first and my schedule is going to be odd for another week or two. Maybe if my warrior was a bit higher level I could help out.

Oh, and for those of you wondering: ranger first, healer second isn't really a good combo either.

I'd take you out to Isle of Fire for a bit and help if I could get back into the game. However, Paypal and my bank had some problems and Paypal cancelled my account. Now I can't even log in even though I'm paid up for the month of January.

hehe I appreciate the thought

I am most definitely looking for groups ingame. I know that I'll eventually have to turn to trophy hunting, but, my, I really want to hold off on that for as long as I can. Or at least not have to do it every single day.

Going to work Monk to lvl 54 so that I can master Detoxify Self, and make sure that I've mastered all those Dodge and evasion goodies. Then I'd like to finish Healer then go back to Monk and finish it.

Fun, fun!

Oh, and I hope you get things worked out, Galemthawn. That would really suck to be locked out of HZ. Especially when you're paid thru the month or more!

You can always farm crystals to eat but thats basicly the same thing as farming trophies.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Here is some ideas if you have a lv 100 crafting school you can get yourself some teched padded cloth armor and mithril jewelry , you could try the dralnok doom cave the maggots just near the landing pad don't like flame based attacks and then their is the lv 100+ ghosts nearby just watch for tokay madda , a paladin type that does use energy spells but unlikely able to even hit with them. the other option is mylocs but spirit bolt is the most reliable method for attack those everything else has a higer miss/dodge rate against them. basically teched padded armor is i think unteched cobalt platemail armor.

Thread Information