Thread: Some Prestige School Questions

Default Some Prestige School Questions

I am working on creating a spreadsheet that will allow me to plug in what level I have in a school and it will tell me what my skills levels will be and what prestige schools I qualify for.

That part is easy. The part I do not know about (as I have not gotten a character high enough skill level to take a prestige class) is what happens when you take on a prestige class?

Do you start it at level 1 or 8 or 10?

For example if you level Outfitter to level 10 you will have the 80 skill required to join the Armorer School. Once you join, will you now be level 1 Armorer? If you are level 1 then you would need to level Armorer to level 8 to match the 80 skill required to join. Or will you join it and start automatically at level 8 to match the requirements to join? Or does it match the level you were in the school you used to meet the requirements and start you at level 10? If it does the last one then does it automatically jump your skill to 100 from the 80 required to join?

If I were programming it I would pick the one that has it start at level 8 to match the pre-req skill but I do not know how the game actually does it.

I have been going over the forums on several different sites and have not found any guides or detailed explanations about how the multi-classing skills pass from one school to another.

Thanks for any info you can give!

Kuzac

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Some Prestige School Questions

The only classes I know that start you out at something other than 1 are certain adventure classes. Craft starts out at 1.

To your next question and example of outfitter/armorer. That's right. You won't see armorer overtake outfitter in maintaining the skill until you reach armorer 9 (90 skill). That could be again overtaken by outfitter at level 12 (96 skill). However, at armorer 1, you still are relying on the 80 skill points given by outfitter and can make the common goods between both classes as if you were at armorer 8 (except unable to wear the cargo gear). Craft classes and skills are best described as bar graphs. Your Y axis is the number of points. Your X axis contains the different craft classes that use that particular skill. Your rating is always based on whichever class is currently holding the highest skill rating. It doesn't change until another craft class overtakes it in points.

Here's another example. I used blacksmith 19 to get carpenter (lumbering skill 150 requirement). At carpenter 1, I had my skill of 152 so tier 1 boards were 2:1 to start off with. Fast forward to carpenter 78 (lumbering skill of 780). I switched over to gatherer to raise my logging skill (raises are higher for gatherer than for either blacksmith or carpenter). Since I still had my 780 lumbering from carpenter, I started working MAPLE at gatherer 1 and continued through to gatherer 54. The lumbering skill didn't go up because carpenter had such a high head start.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

one must also realize that the skill being discussed here is the Base skill not the current skill... in which is determined by more factors then just base skill.. included in this number are % of your stats.. like dex, str, etc.. that help boost your skills.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

OOOPS! Yeah, thanks for mentioning that, Fratricide. Completely slipped my mind.

Current skill = base skill + percentage boosts of stats + buffs percentage boosts of stats + spells percentage boosts of stats + equipment techs + crafthall boosts, limited by upper level limit of the tool in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    The only classes I know that start you out at something other than 1 are certain adventure classes. Craft starts out at 1.
    Tailor starts at 10

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Tailor starts at 10

Agree both tailor and armorer starts at lvl 10 with 80 skill , gets 10 pr lvl from 10 to 100 for a total off 980 skill

Ok, I stand corrected. I don't have either of those two classes, so I had no knowledge of their beginning points.

Thread Information