Thread: Gnomekindle clothing

Default Gnomekindle clothing

Players wearing the gnomekindle outfits look naked, unless you fiddle around with your view distance, but I don't think many players have their view distance scrolled all the way in. Nekkid saggy parts don't look very appealing

Default Re: Gnomekindle clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Players wearing the gnomekindle outfits look naked, unless you fiddle around with your view distance, but I don't think many players have their view distance scrolled all the way in. Nekkid saggy parts don't look very appealing
    I wonder if this is related to the "water sometimes not loading if you have a short view distance" bug (I love it when someone has their water load when they are in the middle of a big pool of water).

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Mrs Claus and the other female (the one that sells the clothes) are also naked. For me at least. Don't know what the water loading has to do with it but for me the water loads allways.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    I wonder if this is related to the "water sometimes not loading if you have a short view distance" bug (I love it when someone has their water load when they are in the middle of a big pool of water).
    That happens to me all the time. Especially since I'm not used to the map. *snicker* I've drowned a couple times because I didn't realize I was IN the water yet, then saw it suddenly load above me...

It has to do with the LOD.

If you notice.... stand between Dolly and Mrs. Clause.

One will have their outfit on... the other not.

The closer you get to one or the other, they toggle, one will have an outfit, the other not, it has to do with the rendering distance. There are no art assets for what the coat looks like from a distance so the coat disappears. When you get into "up close and personal" rendering range, the clothes magically pop on.

This is what happened (see my breathing saris avatar) when they fiddled with this 2 or so years ago. When you get a certain distance away, to reduce the poly count, the object gets rendered with a lower resolution and poly count.

The closer you get, the more details... when they messed with it, you could be looking right at your character and it would display your character as if it were being viewed from way far away, which looked really bad (and thus the breathing polygons were really humorous watching your gut get sucked into your body then ballooned out like you were bearing children.)

I suspect the LOD for the outfit, once you get to a certain distance, just vanishes due to the fact it does not have a lower res. outfit to replace the detailed one.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Ah, ok, Justa that makes sense Thank you for explaining. Thought it a bit weird for only effecting females.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information