Thread: Equipment disappearing

Default Equipment disappearing

Howdy, Tempests here.
    A friend of mine has recently had an issue with his equipment disappearing when he logs in. It appears back in his vault, just disappears off of him. Last night he joined me at Elnath, then had to log out for about an hour, when he logged back in, several pieces of his gear were no longer on his person, but back in his vault. Not in his inventory, but actually back in his vault. This does make it difficult to fight. I was curious if this has been happening to anyone else, or if there have been similar issues. It has happened several times to him, almost as if someone has gotten into the program and moved the stuff as some sort of sad joke or something. I'm not sure how that could happen, as I don't know a lot about computers, but it is so strange, and it has happened several times in the last month or so, but never before that.
    Has anyone else had similar issues?
    Bring me my Broadsword, and clear understanding.

Default Re: Equipment disappearing

TIME WARP! ! !

This is from a support ticket I filed on October 17,2007

I have a very strange problem that may be hard to track down.

There are times when I commit an action (Scribe a form, recharge a blighted item) log off thirty or more minutes later, and then log back on to find that the spell is not in my spellbook and the form is in my inventory. Last night I created 12 Shining Jewelry Recharge Kits and recharged 6 pieces of depleted Blighted Mithil Jewelry. I never put the jewelry on. When I attempted to put the jewelry on today, I found that it was depleted, but my 6 recharge kits were also missing. This has happened to me once before also.

Also, at present, when logging on, my Costume wearing time is one hour and forty minutes. I also have T5 gifts at close to two hours. If I log out with the timers still active, even at fifteen minutes, when I log back in just a few minutes later, my timers are reset to almost two hours.

That's a neat trick! I wish I could do that with the loads and loads and loads of resources I have to drag around.

These sound like concurrency issues (where old data gets written over new data, or new data never gets written). Is it happening almost exclusively when the shard is busy? Unless someone at VI knows where the problem is, conditions and procedures to reproduce the bug are a big help in fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempests View Post
    Howdy, Tempests here.
    A friend of mine has recently had an issue with his equipment disappearing when he logs in. It appears back in his vault, just disappears off of him. Last night he joined me at Elnath, then had to log out for about an hour, when he logged back in, several pieces of his gear were no longer on his person, but back in his vault. Not in his inventory, but actually back in his vault. This does make it difficult to fight. I was curious if this has been happening to anyone else, or if there have been similar issues. It has happened several times to him, almost as if someone has gotten into the program and moved the stuff as some sort of sad joke or something. I'm not sure how that could happen, as I don't know a lot about computers, but it is so strange, and it has happened several times in the last month or so, but never before that.
    Has anyone else had similar issues?
    !!! This has happened to me twice now. I don't know what caused it. I was just playing normally and bam! I log in and several random pieces of equipment that have been attached to my character for ages are in my vault. No clue what caused it.

Nice to know I'm not alone with this bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Also, at present, when logging on, my Costume wearing time is one hour and forty minutes. I also have T5 gifts at close to two hours. If I log out with the timers still active, even at fifteen minutes, when I log back in just a few minutes later, my timers are reset to almost two hours.
    Yup, I've been getting this one too. Specifically with gifts and costumes. I think there was another buff too, but I don't remember what it was.

Thread Information