Thread: Traveling dead deer ..

Default Traveling dead deer ..

All these years Ive been playing,, every once in awhile, a wisp or deer keep traveling when its been kilt.. I havent seen this much on battle kills.
    This similiar thing has happend rare in battle. but while crafting at least 5 times today.. Slides of crafting on Robbe of Chaos..

First one I chased next to that one essance residue..

I have Dsl, but a perty new machine, 2.5 ghtz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SkSlyr; January 28th, 2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: thought chase was on 2nd.. lol

Default Re: Traveling dead deer ..

Quote Originally Posted by SkSlyr View Post
    All these years Ive been playing,, every once in awhile, a wisp or deer keep traveling when its been kilt.. I havent seen this much on battle kills.
    This similiar thing has happend rare in battle. but while crafting at least 5 times today.. Slides of crafting on Robbe of Chaos..

First one I chased next to that one essance residue..

I have Dsl, but a perty new machine, 2.5 ghtz.

{Disclaimer: All of this is guesswork on my part, based on past knowledge from other MMO's}

That's a very common bug. The issue is on your client side, based on what I've figured out about this game, here's why:

In server/client MMO tech, a packet is sent from the server to your client with instructions "Object X is at Loc XX,YY, Heading ZZZ travelling at Speed QQQ"

When you do certain actions in this game... 1.) Kill a creature that was in motion or 2.) Harvest that moving wisp for essence, the packet in question either gets lost in communications traffic, failes to get processed by the client or was never generated by the server. Your client never got the "now-not-moving" packet update, so the object keeps going on it's last known heading according to the client. In this game, the update packet isn't generated unless the object moves.

Workarounds for this:

For kills, the corpse is exactly where you think it is, according to the server. So, even tho you see it moving away, if you travel to the spot the server knows it was killed, you can loot it, assuming the client doesn't do any "distance-to-where-I-think-the-corpse-is" checking when you /loot.

For wisps: You will typically harvest right on the spot where you engaged the wisp, which is where it's sitting, server side. If you want to be able to see the wisp again, just wait. The wisp will recharge, soon as it goes to move, a motion packet is re-distributed. When you get that packet, the wisp will re-pop onto your screen, right where you thought it was. (Serious pain when you're trying to harvest the only Radiant wisp on the server, heh.)

Just to be clear, this is not an issue with your DSL. This is purely an issue with how the HZ server and client (mis)communicate with each other, there's nothing you can do to fix it.
    Last edited by Vermithraxx; January 28th, 2008 at 07:55 AM.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

another very annoying bug : When hunting in group and with a bit of lag, it is very common that the target who's just been killed appears still alive for one or more group members, and cannot be looted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    another very annoying bug : When hunting in group and with a bit of lag, it is very common that the target who's just been killed appears still alive for one or more group members, and cannot be looted.
    To workaround that (same with khutit bug) fly out of range of the still living mob and come back, it will die for you.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

My favorite was when a gruok slid off a cliff and was suspended in midair. I guess in some places, pigs really do fly! ;-)

I have had golems walked of cliffs and fly, wolves jump into the air and float above it (or me), mobs running towards me and killed......but continue to keep running off in the directon they were heading never to be seen again (these I couldn't loot cause I was "too far"), and followed players who I thought were running into an army of mobs.....only to find out they hadn't actually moved because it was lag. That last one is fun cause while they may not really be running into the middle of a huge spawn...... I am!

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    To workaround that (same with khutit bug) fly out of range of the still living mob and come back, it will die for you.
    Hard for a Giant to do. Just can't get his arms flapping fast enough.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information