Thread: Plot Reclamation

Question Plot Reclamation

Once upon a time there was a fetching little pink dragon hatched from an egg. She looked at the world around her with eyes fresh and awe abundant. What was this brave new land? She set out on her quest to discover more and after learning the basics of what it meant to be a dragon, was finally reunited with her parents.

They took her under their wing and proudly showed her around their lair. Her eyes were wide in amazement, it was beautifully complex, twists and turns abounded, enough to leave her hopelessly lost and crying piteously for someone to come find her.

As she waited in one dark corner of her father's lair she couldn't help but feel pride for her parents, they created such a wonderful home, tricky enough to foil another dragon, it would no doubt to be completely inpenetrable to those pesky Naka-duskael.

An idea took root in her mind, a longing to have a lair of her own, to sculpt to her own desire, a place to call her own...

------

Hey all! I'm a relatively new player to Horizons, scratch that, I'm a VERY new player. I am Amarante on Chaos, hatched of Calypsoryn and Flatspin, of the guild Timeless, and I am fast approaching level 20 and I want a lair.

I've been perusing threads, and I've heard of some kind of massive reclamation on the horizon, but I haven't been able to find a thread about it. Does anybody have any information? I've only heard it mentioned in passing, does anybody have anything with more substance?

Default Re: Plot Reclamation

If you feed the searchbar on the top of your page with Plot reclamation, you will get at least 25 threads as an answer to your search. Reading through them will no doubt bring you up to speed on where we and the game are atm concerning this. (nice post btw!)

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee View Post
    If you feed the searchbar on the top of your page with Plot reclamation, you will get at least 25 threads as an answer to your search. Reading through them will no doubt bring you up to speed on where we and the game are atm concerning this. (nice post btw!)
    Thank you very much :3

After a thorough search of the lair the little pink dragon was found at the bottom of a resource silo. Her parents helped her out and she made quite sure to tread carefully around such hatchling hazards as those.

With her parents' blessing she trotted out of the lair and back into the world to make her way, the pull of having a lair of her own ever before her. Every lair she came upon she delved into to explore, her excitement growing with each new wonder she beheld. Oddly, though, every now and then she would find a lair that seemed all but abandoned. As she grew and matured this occurence came more often, and she became quite distressed. The lights were on, but nobody was home. If the world was full of these bought, but not in-use lairs, how would she ever find a home for herself?

This distressed little Amarante greatly so she went to her mother, Calypsoryn, and asked her why?

"Why are there so many lairs standing empty, and why can't I move in to any of them?"

Calypsoryn tilted her great silver head and offered a paw to her tiny hatchling. "Well young one, that is a story that spans many, many years. Come, rest your weary wings on my side and I'll tell you the tale." She sprawled out on the stony ground, the sun warm on her side as she crooked her arm and offered Amarante a nest. The tiny pink hatchling bounded forward and snuggled into her mother's cool embrace, her eyes wide and expectant, her breath hung on her mother's every word.

"Once, long ago, the goddess Istara created our world, Istaria. There were many diverse peoples, but for reasons known only to Istara the land was split into shards. We live in a shard that came to be called Chaos, neighbored closely by a shard called Order. Before your time there was one other, called Unity. It was separated from us by a great gulf of space and time, such that few ever ventured to span this gap, but the Unitarians, as they came to be called, seemed content with their lot and we did not worry.

I can't recall if the birth of Unity came before or after the Great Delving, but it doesn't matter."

"What's the Great Delving?" Amarante piped up, her neck ridges splayed in her curiosity and excitement.

"That, my dear, I was about to get to. The Great Delving was what created all the Dragon lairs! It is why there are only a finite number of them, and why you must purchase one, as opposed to digging your own. I suspect it's some kind of naka-duskael ploy to limit our numbers," Calypsoryn growled in the back of her throat, "but they deny any involvement. Even so, after the Great Delving there was a mad rush to procure a lair for ones own, and for a time, the world was happy.

Everything changes, however, as everything must, and there was a great battle among the gods and goddesses. Istaria went through a very dark time, and many of our companions dissapeared. We thought our misfortune limited to our shard, but then came news most distressing.

The shard of Unity had been lost, all of its inhabitants killed and forced to wander between the shards as ghosts."

"That's awful!" Amarante had sprung to her feet, thoughts of all those loyal Lunus dragons spurring her quick hatchling reflexes into action.

Calypsoryn nodded her great head, her eyes mournful, "Yes little one, it is awful. We mourned for those lost, but could do nothing ourselves, wrapped as we were in a very dark time. But then Istara prevailed against the evil gods which had besetted her. She set to making things right, but she was injured, and progress was slow.

She is a Goddess, yes, but her power is not infinite. She weeps daily for those lost when Unity fell, but she lacks the means to bring the world back to life. A community is made of its members little one, remember that, Istaria is nothing without those who dwell within, and though Unity has fallen the souls still wander as ghosts.

As we speak Istara labors to bring them back to life, to usher them over the great divide and join us here on Chaos, or Order if they prefer. This is a great undertaking, and there are many problems and dangers along the way, one of which has to do with the lairs.

Remember when I said there were only a finite number in the world? Well many of the Unitarians also posessed lairs, and once they are reborn in other shards would like to reclaim all their hard work, as would I were our positions reversed. Many of the empty lairs you see belong to unfortunate souls that dissapeared during the time of darkness, and Istara would much like to reclaim them, but her attentions right now are bent on recovering those lost from Unity.

A little patience little one, we will be joined by our long-lost kin-dragons, and then I am sure there will be a lair available for you to call your own." Calypsoryn nodded sagely as Amarante began to squirm.

"Aww, but I don't want to wait!" She huffed and pouted, but in the end there was nothing she could do. She squared her shoulders and bounded off, determined to become as skilled as possible, resolving to be ready when a lair, her lair became available.

-----------------

Ok, I went and did my research and decided to write this up as perhaps a benefit to anybody in my situation, a complete newbie to Horizons and immensely curious what all the innuendo is about.

*clapclapclap*

Excellent job, both in writing and in explaining the issue. Well done!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Well done! This was a pleasure to read and a great way of explaining the situation. Hope you get a lair of your very own soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    *clapclapclap*

Excellent job, both in writing and in explaining the issue. Well done!
    Well done indeed!

Great snapshot into the scenes of a dragons life... That said... this would have been a most wonderful story to have been written for the express purpose of stating that those gifted from the Unity Shard were not truly dead, but will be raised as all gifted are. Which will truly be finished off when it is announced that all Unitarians are once again free to roam the countryside of Istaria.

This could have been sent in an E-mail similar to the one that we all just received with the express purpose of announcing the capability of the database to be finally merged together. Who knows in some way it still might be, but perhaps not with the same depth that was placed in this story.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Awwww *blushes* thank you all so much! I guess that e-mail I just recieved kind of inspired me...

It's always difficult coming in to an already well-established community, but I've found the Horizons community, by and large, to be the most friendly and welcoming I've ever seen, and I'm glad I was able to grasp the issue without riling anybody to cries of "That's not how it happened at all!"

So thank you all so much for the warm welcome

Wow... if I were still around on Chaos I'd offer to help buy you a lair for such great writing Thanks for spending the time to craft such a great image.

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

thx WZ, for the story.

I´m quite impressed and happy to share the shard with such a bright hatchie
    (being from Unity myself)

very nice story, was a real pleasure to read.

Hope that my Unitarian dragons Rvlion and DraLion will be able to be saved by the great god and roam on the shard called Chaos soon.
    For now I am happy that his long lost son DraLionicus lives safely on chaos.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information