Thread: please help, dont seem to be receiving any emails =(

Default please help, dont seem to be receiving any emails =(

Iam not sure what Iam supposed to do, my e-mail is correct, I made sure of that - however it seems I cannot receive emails about HZ

I heard about issues with hotmail adresses some longer time ago, is that still a problem ?

And no, its not in the spam folder ...

Default Re: please help, dont seem to be receiving any emails =(

Ivy, can you send me a PM with the email address you're trying to have emails sent to? I'll do some investigating.

Notice I'm not saying submit a support ticket, as that would go to, well, your email address.

Uhm, maybe you have to have a active acc at VI?

(because I also haven't got a mail)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Yes, you do have to have an active account to receive these current delta update emails. While I don't know about legality issues, it would not be right for us to mass mail all those email addresses that were collected from people who have canceled their accounts. One of the fastest ways to be put on an email providers "black list" is to send emails to those who used to be subscribed to your service (game in this case) and unsubscribed. All it would take is enough people reporting our emails as unwanted spam, and then no one would get them.

For those who are waiting to resubscribe for some reason, your best option is to continue to read the community site. While we don't yet post the story portions of these emails, patch notes always appear on the community site, as well as news worthy update. You may also send an email to [email protected] from the email address that you wish to receive updates to in order to be added to the list manually.

great service!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Yes, you do have to have an active account to receive these current delta update emails. While I don't know about legality issues, it would not be right for us to mass mail all those email addresses that were collected from people who have canceled their accounts. One of the fastest ways to be put on an email providers "black list" is to send emails to those who used to be subscribed to your service (game in this case) and unsubscribed. All it would take is enough people reporting our emails as unwanted spam, and then no one would get them.
    Yeah that's true. I've reported a few of those myself when I couldn't get them to cancel the emails when I cancelled the service. I also hate it when I buy a product and they email me *forever* afterward. Arrrrrrrrg. Just cause I bought one thing from a company doesn't mean I want to be eternally emailed by them. Now I give them a livemail email account instead of my real one, and I add them to the spam filter on livemail.

to be honest that really gets me worried. Iam not subbed because Iam still waiting for unity char transfer, I do however have a plot on chaos that Iam worried about. How can I save my plot if I would not get an email before it gets auctioned back to the community ?

That would be different. They should email nonsubed players because that effects them directly and applies to them unlike these other emails which are just general in game happenings and info that would not apply to a non-sub.

If they activate the old code from 2004 (can't imagine why they won't) here's how it went for me: My account was closed, I had a plot in Aiya. Every month or so, I would get an email stating that the plot was going up for auction and might be purchased. If I were interested in keeping the plot, please log in.

Considering I got 2 emails 2 months in a row, and another one 2-3 months later, I have to assume my plot wasn't exactly a hot property at the time

But I did get an email even tho I wasn't subbed at the time.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    to be honest that really gets me worried. Iam not subbed because Iam still waiting for unity char transfer, I do however have a plot on chaos that Iam worried about. How can I save my plot if I would not get an email before it gets auctioned back to the community ?
    Am quoting yee Ivy to emphasize this point. Ifn yee have an acct on Chaos, yee prolly were subbed, so, yee should get the email.

I know (from listening during the EI days) that the EU laws are stricter than here, but, yee should still be able to get the emails.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Yes, anyone who has a subscription active should be getting the emails. Anyone who does not have an active subscription but reads the forums here will also be informed when we start to do plot reclaims because we'll post here on the forums. Obviously it is in our best interest to attempt to contact those customers who are going to have their plots reclaimed in hopes that they will then return to game to hold their property. What with the prime interest rate being so low, now's is a great time to refinance.

As I have more details about how plot reclaims are really going to happen, I'll let you know. The notes about "check your email" address which we've had both here on the forums and in game are primarily for subscribed customers at this time so that those who have had subscriptions for years can double check that they have an up to date email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    You may also send an email to [email protected] from the email address that you wish to receive updates to in order to be added to the list manually.
    Great service! Thank you!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Hotmail is known for requiring a special handling, it's very very normal if you don't receive the email from anything but expecially configured servers.

This is an "antispam" policy that caused quite some amounts of issues to non Microsoft mail servers or anyway servers not up to the latest of the latest at providing all the information those mail services demand not to silently trash the emails (with no track, no error message, no warning for both sides).

Sample articles:

http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/s...ad.php?t=13453
    http://davesource.com/Bugs/hotmail.1.html

Basically you need to change your email inbox address to something that "works", ie Yahoo mail or similar.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    Yeah that's true. I've reported a few of those myself when I couldn't get them to cancel the emails when I cancelled the service. I also hate it when I buy a product and they email me *forever* afterward. Arrrrrrrrg. Just cause I bought one thing from a company doesn't mean I want to be eternally emailed by them. Now I give them a livemail email account instead of my real one, and I add them to the spam filter on livemail.
    $ony. I bought EQ2 and played it for one month when it came out and yet they still spam me despite trying to 'remove' myself.

As for receiving emails, I'm with Yahoo and it has not blocked an email so far. One time I upgraded outlook to 2007 and *that* marked it as Bulk and filed it away, but I found it and added the address to the safe senders' list and no problems since.

Rakku

BTW: I swear I'll get myself online on Chaos soon; just keep running out of go when I get home lately. :|

Thread Information