Thread: ADD fluff, use IBM

Default ADD fluff, use IBM

Just an idea and I am not sure if it has been suggested. Add a vendor that sells fluff items and only takes imperial bounty markers. Given they have no bulk weight, they really have little value. What does one do with 30k of em hehe.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Default Re: ADD fluff, use IBM

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance
    Just an idea and I am not sure if it has been suggested. Add a vendor that sells fluff items and only takes imperial bounty markers. Given they have no bulk weight, they really have little value. What does one do with 30k of em hehe.
    Give the bounty markers to new players - just my thoughts.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeap pass em around.....they never go wanting for long!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

As a matter of fact it would be very nice to see the prices in loretokens and IBM's for forms and techs - prices that were raised every bit as extravagantly as Nadia's prices once were (and I think at the same time as this, too) - now come down to earthly heights again, just as Nadia's allready did (well... more or less...) quite some time ago allready. And until that day comes, every new player needs tons and tons of both loretokens and IBM's to even get just the basics needed, up to jm.
    So cértainly until prices go back to more normal, indeed every IBM and every loretoken put up at consi for a bit of money will be very much appreciated by new players, I am sure.

I think I mentioned somewhere that I think tech prices should be raised to help get rid of the IBMs. And while passing them out to the new players is a great idea, I feel that's akin to just tossing a wallet full of money at them. Sure, it helps in the short-term, but it doesn't really teach them about where to find things or how to get them.

(Not to mention many players probably have enough IBMs to clothe an army of newbies.)

Raising the prices of techs is a very interesting notion. I guess another thing to consider would be making tier 4 and 5 techs available for purchase. Of course adding them for purchase would/could hurt the already wounded economy in HZ. T4 and T5 techs are one of the few things you see trade hands in the MP.

Thanks all for the replies . It's good to see what other do with IBMs.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

I don't think raising prices on T1 - T3 techs would do any good. Anyone with an abundance of IBMs are likely to already have all techs. Increasing the prices doesn't do anything to help them spend them.

The avenue would still be open to give them to newer players. Players would just need more.

For the most part, if a newer player needs techs, no one even bothers selling IBMs...they just get handed over. I've heard a few comments from newbies about how many IBMs they get, as well. Usually, it's only the ones that want everything now that seem to have the problem with amounts. Worst case: if they need more IBMs, they can still quest for them.

Realistically, the "fix" to having hoards of extra IBMs is to "fix" the loot tables to have fewer of them drop. I remember back in the old days, when I was a young hatchie, I could NEVER get IBMs. Critters almost never dropped them, I couldn't kill the critters very quickly anyway.

The quests were ok to get some, but, when I really started needing them, realize they were REALLY handy, the resources were guarded, and I couldn't kill the critters to get to the resources.

Then, and I can't recall the exact date, EVERYTHING started dropping IBMs. And not 1 every few kills or so, but every kill, half a dozen per kill, etc etc. Some critters are a bit better, but lately I went out to kill for some tech bits. Only killed bout 2 dozen critters all told, and now have another 80 IBMs. heh

/ramble Have fun.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Then, and I can't recall the exact date, EVERYTHING started dropping IBMs.
    I believe that happened just after they removed the ornaments from the loot tables after the winter treant event from two years ago.

Thread Information