Thread: Pawn Broker Nerf

Default Pawn Broker Nerf

At this time, its becoming hard for new players to make decent coin.

I'm not worried about myself. I'm really not, I have enough to get by and buy comps from nadia.

However, newbs dont. I think the PB's may need set back to the way they were...or at the very least given a tune up.

Its had to make money as a striaght-up crafter also..unless you do construction primarily.

Adventuring is easy money, tbut not everyone can or wants to.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Default Re: Pawn Broker Nerf

I'd prefer to see pawnbroker limits remain as they are. I think there's too much emphasis on crafting and benefits to crafters in game already. I remember the days when higher level crafting areas were dangerous, when attunement quests were difficult and lower level players frequently needed assistance in getting attuned. I think crafters should have to mix/match adventuring to some extent to get ahead in the game, and restoring the pawnbroker system to it's original model would be yet another step in "babying" things down for the crafters.

I wish they would bring back the crafting quests from the npcs that gave formulas, for items to sell, but gosh darn, I can't even remember which npc it was. We still have the forms, for making of raw materials, such as ore bars, etc, that are then sold to the npc. Somewhere, back in the poorest memory of my brain, the info is there, but I can't seem to bring it forth. These npcs were specifically for crafting and I found it fun to help add to the surplus for the armies.

Imperial Resource-parcels, Peaches. Given out by imperial (resource-) officers

As to adventure/craft: players that only enjoy adventure: adventure, by all means. Players that like a mix: mix the two, by all means. And players that only enjoy crafting: craft, by all means. Why would any of the three be punished for enjoying what théy enjoy? Why force any of them to do what the óther enjoys but they don't? ('Or else you must suffer'?)
    Don't all types of players have an *equal* right to their own kind of enjoyment? With equal chances for money and other enjoyable things? Without punishment for enjoying what they do, because óther players value what théy enjoy higher then what another player with different tastes happens to enjoy equaly as much?
    Just my two copper....
    Last edited by Galilee; February 6th, 2008 at 01:01 AM. Reason: spelling

I've come and gone from this game several times, I always come back for the crafting. I've thought about adventuring but don't nearly find it as enjoyable as building a building on my plot. The problem I've come across now is all the resources I need are guarded by golems.

I'm not sure what nerf we are talking about here (expanation would be nice) but personally I don't want to HAVE to adventure to get my crafting up. Now some will say you don't have to, but unless there are secret fields I don't know about then you seem to need at least a semi decent level, either that or better servers. I come across a field of gems start harvesting only to find after a minute I'm standing in the middle of 1/2 a dozen golems.

Even trying to adventure I was running around last night in a barren world, you literally had to stand in the same spot for around 5 mins before you could see what the world had to reveal to you. Sorry that is for another subject.

I just thinking forcing an adventurer to craft or a crafter to adventure is really poor form.

Given that crafting is my main focus anymore when I log in I wouldnt mind seeing a way to make money off it. I'd actualy prefer crafting quest to pb's, crafting 6k+ of gems and then having to drag them to the nearest pb you can find is painful enough, but if you have to drag them through a portal or two you may well be loosing more than you are making.

For me since I really dont have anyway of making coin short of dragging diskload after diskload of one resource or another. I loose alot of money when crafting, due mostly to portaling (There's no way I'm gona drag a loaded disk from Augh to south of Chiconis, where my lair is, I dont have that kind of time). This forces me to go hunting when I need more coin which wouldnt be so bad if not for the problems with the spawn system, when I have to do alot of hunting I find I get frustrated very easily and thats when I end up taking one of my breaks.

I wasn't around for when this one was done, so I'm used to the new PBs, but it sounds like a nerf along the ines of the linker spell timers... poorly thought out with no regard for what effect it would actually have on regular players.

c'est la vie
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

This would be the Nerf that was done quite a while back... What used to happen was, the pawn brokers would pay a flat rate for the things they purchase. This caused a problem when some folks realized they could sell 20k of such and such spell.. or this or that resource.. to the same pawn broker and make out like a bandit...

This method of gaining coin was frowned upon apparently and thus the current purchasing style that the Pawns have employed is here. That method is, the more they buy, over a period of time, the less they will pay for what they get. They essentially dynamically change their prices to the point where they will actually not purchase that item you are trying to off load.

Anyway... I don't really care one way or another which way they have the pawns set up... usually if I need coin, Ill do some crafting quests for one of the building schools, or now days I turn in trophy quests... but either way... quests are the way I've been leaning towards.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I'm justing thinking of new players on this one. *shurgs* can just make pbs pay less across the board but never stop taking stuff.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

The problem with the pbs is that once one person on server has sold max items to the pb all other players must wait 24 hours to be able to sell same item for full price. After an hour you can sell at the most reduced price then everyone is cut off again.

You know once the plot reclaim goes by it is very easy to by pass th nerf..... to an extent. Get a plot build a Pawn Broker Lock it down so only you can use it, throw up a few silo/storage chambers. Sale what you want and fill a silo. Next day craft a diffrent item to sale and fill a Silo. Then just every couple of days sale/top off your silos and you never have a cash worry again. What you plan to do with all the coin you can create that way I have no clue. But as it is shown by the need for the nerf, even with the nerf it is easy to make all the cash you need.

As a dragon if I wanted to put forth the time, I could probably still make a gold a day or every other day if I wished. Now if I could just get in game to finish my one chamber I would need to do it.

Thread Information