Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Transfers for Unity

Default Test Transfers for Unity

Stoic Players of Unity,

We're looking for a five brave souls to help with the testing of moving characters from the Unity shard to a new home on Order or Chaos. Our plan for this service is to move all characters from a previous Unity account to either the Order or Chaos shards (you pick what character goes to what shard). If you would like to help with testing, read on:

Things You Need to Know

1) We will not delete your Unity character - ever. We have backups of backups.
    2) When we move your characters over, we need you to check those characters out carefully - as best as you remember. There are subtle differences between Unity and Order/Chaos and we need to make sure we've covered all cases. This means you need to be prepared to play them, often, over the next few days. This also means that you will need to communicate back and forth with us on what is happening with your character.
    3) If we find a problem with your character after it has been moved over to Order or Chaos, we will fix the problem on Unity, then re-move your character over. This means that if you've been playing with your character for a few days on Order/Chaos, any experience / items gained will be reset.
    4) We've tried to automate this process as much as possible, but there are still manual steps because of the differences between Unity and Chaos.

Requirements
    1) Active Horizons account. You can't test if you don't have an active account. That account must have enough open character slots to allow for the transfer of characters.

2) Active, valid email account that you use often because we will need to be able to communicate back and forth with you. Be prepared, as well, for times when your character is unavailable because it is being moved.

3) Understand that testing is about finding issues. If your first reaction to a problem is to flip out (or if you visit this site daily http://www.realultimatepower.net/ ) then don't apply.

4) Want to see Unity characters find a new home.

If you would like to help, here's what you need to do.

1) Send an email to: [email protected]
    2) List your Unity user name / email
    3) List your current active North America user name / email (this should be the email account that we will communicate with you at)
    4) List all the characters (that you remember) on your account in priority order (they will be moved over gradually)
    5) We're going to take the first 5 applicants and then close the testing group.

We will let the public know when we have those 5 applicants.

Default Re: Test Transfers for Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Stoic Players of Unity,

We're looking for a five brave souls to help with the testing
    Not to be picky, but are you looking for 'Five brave souls' or 'a few brave souls'?

NM, answered by last line of your post.

How will the 5 testers be chosen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    How will the 5 testers be chosen ?

I think the first 5 who answer to the other requirements.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post

I think the first 5 who answer to the other requirements.
    *needs to read posts more carefully*

thank you for pointing this Sigi >.>

I'm so exicted!!! I hope the tests will be smooth

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Go brave dragons go!

I know I'm not going to get an answer to this one, but I have to ask:

Assuming all goes well with the testing, how soon can we expect transfers to begin?

Also, do we need an account to transfer to, or can we create one as part of the transfer process. Another also, could the same character be transferred to both shards? I wouldn't do that myself, but for people who want to roleplay some days and not others, it might be a useful feature.

Good luck with the testing, those who got chosen.

Antonath

I hope they also manage to bring across the history of the Unity-characters. It won't be real nice to have a character that has been played for years, now showing 'existance: 2 days' or something like that. Great to see that things are finaly happening though!

Who are the lucky testers?
    It is sooo exciting

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Really good news, I hope everything goes smooth
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

*does a dragon dance* rats, the one time i stop checking this forum every day and the testers get chosen *sulks* hehe, go testers, test your hearts out so we can return!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Dear Amarie,

while I am pretty fine that you chose people by "first come, first served", does this insure that massively old characters with beta and special items will be imported properly?

I would hate to discover I "lost" my extra mega "no more in game" ancient recipes, techs, shoulder cow and more (well the latter is not important but... it's a thing off a nice player who I want to recall with it).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I've just emailed anyway.... who knows.

Rakku

Vah, my characters were imported 100% intact. As far as I could tell, I had everything on my character that I did when I last logged out of Unity.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Vah, my characters were imported 100% intact. As far as I could tell, I had everything on my character that I did when I last logged out of Unity.
    Aye, Ozy and Dags transferred intact, Even logged into a message saying all my DPs had been removed while offline. lol.

It seems it's all going really smoothly
    GameGrin.com News monkey
    Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me....

Just so long as there's no repeat of the past and I end up getting tagged with '_unity' I'll be a happy player - luckily I was spared this indignity the first time around.

Good to hear there's not been any unforseen circumstances cropping up in the process thus far.

Enigmatic Draconic Spellweaver of Unity, Forseer of the End
    a.k.a The Twilight Dragon, Atolmyth

Ohh sweet news!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

All unity transfers will be _unity, Neural, but we should be getting a free rename for each character to remedy that. (That, or they just tagged all the test transfers, in order to not mess up the real transfers where the name might be free.)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Did the things you had stored on your plot transfered too?
    I'm getting worried about my tools and armor and other stuff I had in my house and tents.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Thread Information