Thread: New Ideas

Talking New Ideas

I have often thought about these few things.

#1 I realy think there should be more stack capacity in the vaults. Something like 500 if you have vault 10. 300 fills up way to fast.

#2 Draggy disc should have atleast 3 stack in them. After all it does take at least 3 resources to make one item to place in a lair.

#3 A personal size vault!!! One to put on plots. Something like the size of a tiny saris hut., maybe with the same door as in the city vaults. The regualr vaults are way to big to put on a plot. If a area has no vault then you are limited to what you can put on the plot and if you choose a vautl then you cant place anything else, as most plots are only larger enough to hold the vault.

#4 It would be nice to have a style of houses for each race. I think that some races got the shaft with haveing no home to suit there needs. This just seems so unfair.

Kymba
    I smell the sweet scent of dark victory. The ramped blood under foot flows as that of a ravens kiss. On the valley of dispear, the sun rises, drenched in glory i stand.

Default Re: New Ideas

#1 I think alot of people agree on this one, I only have a vault VI and constantly hitting the 300 mark with only bulk being about 60% full.

#2 There has been plenty of posts in the cargo disk revamp thread to reinforce this point. All up to what comes from that revamp now.

#3 I think alot of the higher tier building have too big a footprint. I know the T4,5,6 PB and cons could also do with a smaller a footprint. I know the devs would like to keep these items for the big plots only type thing. Although the buildings require alot more resources, alot higher resources and alot more room you get a triple whammy for trying to get what is a constant benefit increase across the tiers. I would even settle for keep these big buildings as they are but add new ones that have the smaller footprint but maybe take even more resources to build (I know that doesn't sound realistic to have more resources build a smaller building but you need to pay for the bonus somehow). I would like to see a building like the little ones outside augendell gates that have both a PB and Con inside them.

#4 I remember there was talk of moving in this direction with the expansion and over time, and I'm sure it's still on the plate somewhere just not near the top. Haven't heard anything on this since the announcement of the Settlers expansion by the old owners.

make the buildings taller but smaller in "footprint".. same resources, different shaped buildings..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Alternativly I would love to see a building and corresponding lair piece that is simmilar to a library, but can hold anything that is not a tech or formula. There's too many things in my vault that has a bulk of "1" I would love to see something with a high item count, low bulk.

Hmm... two birds one stone Hoard Chamber? Takes up about the same size as a silo? you can use the art already in game in the Dralk vault....

*kicks stone and wanders off to sulk*

I know this game is geared towards crafters, and more storage is always nice. But I think this game has enough areas for storage, nothing like the 20 million silo's out there and all the guildhouses that have popped up.

I know this is harder, but I wouldn't mind some form of adventure revamp.

1. A target unitframe that shows buffs/debuffs. Kind of silly that I don't know who has what debuffs or who needs what buffs.
    2. Some advanced adventuring mechanics. Linked mobs, or bosses with minions, that required advanced techniques. Splitting mobs, OT'ing, mezzing, stunning, etc. Some of it is in there (if poorly implemented), but for the most part grouping just means "power-leveling". There's very little strategy.
    3. Better concept and implementation of aggro and hate. 4. Yeah, the lag is bad..
    4. The ablity to "tab target" from mob to mob would be nice. If I remember correctly, the only option was "Target nearest".

For example, some mobs have a aggro radius futher then your spells and are casters (or otherwise ranged). I have no ability to silence them and pull them back. With the huge pathing radius, large aggro radius, large casting radius, and no way to force them to close range, combined with a closterphopic area to work in so you can't get them to follow you on their tether to a safe spot... Basically this is group only with no real strategy to speak of, other then just to kill and keep killing while healing whoever has the 3-10 mobs on them and hope he doesn't die. And this was on the noob island. With not much in the way of mezzing (too early for most classes), roots are going to be useless with casters and ranged (other then for escape).

Let's be fair, there is a ton of classes out there, but the fighting seems pretty bland for all the abilities that people have. I kind of like simple, but this is probably on the extreme end of simple.

I am very much in favor of adding stacks to the vault, the main reason is items keep getting added to the database. A good example is all the new food items and then there are T6 items still to be added.

I would also be very much in favor of adding to vault item count thru a series of quests that would have a level req and cost something. To make them really choice have all the quests have and above level 80 requirement and a quest for 10 items to be turned in

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    ....I think this game has enough areas for storage, nothing like the 20 million silo's out there and all the guildhouses that have popped up.
    Silos can't even be mentioned in this argument as they are 1 item only. We are having trouble storing small items, not many of one type or large things. I'll use my own example.

I try to keep my vault as clear as I can, but currently I have food, scales, comps, some of my old ROP items and other small nostalgic things like the Charm Potion and Healer's scroll. Useless items but nice to have as souveniers.

So what do I delete? The ROP items or some of the trinkets from my hatchling days? Do I delete my dragon's history along with them? The comps? The quest scales that you can only get as a hatchling (and are considered a status symbol? How about all of the crafting scale sets I need to keep in order to be opt? food? I suppose I could delete the bottle caps that are waiting for the last few rare ones but there goes alot of time spent at the bitter pickle.

I have moved my hoard to my hall in my lair as it no longer fits in my vault. This includes 1 each of every hoard item I have collected so far as some of them have really nice descriptions and all of the holiday masks and candies. (BTW rather happy that the new dragon masks stack. Thank you whoever did that.)

The poster above me brings up a valid point. We still have the same number of item storage but will be getting more and more things. Again, what do I get rid of so that I have a "300 most important things to keep"?

From what I have learned by talking to the devs over the years about storage:

The pack, floating disk, and vault are part of you (in a database sort of way) and are accessable as if they always are with you. Which is why you can link things from your vault from a distance. Also if you drag a stack of items from a disk or vault, it does not ask you "how many" but tries to move the whole stack.

Silos, houses, built storage, are not part of you and your database entry. They can be shared with others, have permissions set, and you can have multiples of them. This is why when you put things into and take things out of, it asks "How many" (you are accessing "non personal" inventory from a different database.)

From what I understand, all characters all have a finite storage space (Pack + Vault + Disk) for stacks. It is the same set number for everyone. At 100th level, you will have the best pack / scale pack, the highest upgrade for stack size in the vault (notice stack size does NOT increase past level VI vault upgrade) and the best Deluxe marble disk.

I also understood that the "number of stacks" follows you around. Because of this, the more stuff you have loaded in your inventory can slow porting down as it has to move your assets as well as your character from point to point.

I could be wrong... .but this is what I remember.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Smile Re: New Ideas

It is nice to see that some of you have taken an intrest in this as i have.
    Thank you so much for the insight you have brought to this thread hope to see more!!!

Kymba
    I smell the sweet scent of dark victory. The ramped blood under foot flows as that of a ravens kiss. On the valley of dispear, the sun rises, drenched in glory i stand.

You are correct, Justa. the database doesn't care about how MANY of an item you have stacked up. We could theoretically increase the stackable size from 9999 to 99999999 and it would think that was fine. What the database does care about is the number of stacks and the "memory footprint" of players. That is how much memory each player is taking up by carrying so much around.

Not only if your vault part of you, but your ability list, your spells, your formula, your techniques, your inventory. All of that is carried around with you. So as you can see, it can get quite expensive.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

If part of our memory footprint is our formula and technique database, then it seems even more reason to make some type of script, or at least a better interface to allow us to remove unnecessary formulas.

If I own a copy of Expert Mining Pick, there's really no reason for me to keep Beginner and Journeyman versions. Please make it easier for us to remove those old formulas? Since you can't delete from the "Show Products" list, and you can't sort by the item name (Mining Pick) it's extremely tedious to remove the surplus beginner and journeyman formulas.

On a semi-related note, is it possible to make Techs work like formulas? Once you acquire a higher tier of the technique you get access to the previous tiers (and thus could delete them)? For Tier 1-3, everyone has so many bounty markers that they are trivial anyways. All a new player needs to do is ask in marketplace for IBMs and they'll be flooded in enough to buy every tech they need in Tier 1-3. Yes Tier 4 techs might drop in value, but they don't have far to drop.

You can delete a lot of your beginner and journeyman formulas right now because we've done this.

And no, it isn't possible with techniques. Unless we turn them all into post-app techs cause then they use the formula system. (there aren't any plans to do this)
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Djanee View Post
    If I own a copy of Expert Mining Pick, there's really no reason for me to keep Beginner and Journeyman versions. Please make it easier for us to remove those old formulas? Since you can't delete from the "Show Products" list, and you can't sort by the item name (Mining Pick) it's extremely tedious to remove the surplus beginner and journeyman formulas.
    Actually, you can delete forms from the "Show Products" list.

Zexoin are you 100% sure of this? When I'm in the show products view I don't have any rt click options other than Properties and Close (window controls).

Amon, I'm aware that we can delete them - I'm complaining about how tedious it is to do. Unless it's something bugged in my client, there isn't an easy way to check that I do indeed have the Expert version scribe and then delete the beginner/jman formulas. I would happily delete them if there were a way to sort by the product result and still access the rt click options to delete the formula. Currently you have to go to the Show products, find say mining pick, verify that you have all the tiers, then click off Show Products, find the Beginner Mining Pick formula, delete, find the Jman Mining Pick formula, delete, go back to Show products, find another candidate for deletion - rinse repeat. Try it out, it's silly tedious when you have hundreds of formulas to go thru. Not to mention how long it takes for the display to reload when you check and uncheck the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanee View Post
    Zexoin are you 100% sure of this? When I'm in the show products view I don't have any rt click options other than Properties and Close (window controls).
    Hmm I am pretty sure I can. Will check next time I'm in game and let you know.

Edit : There's a button to delete items on the top-right corner of the Knowledge window. This is how you can delete the forms.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zexoin; March 7th, 2008 at 09:01 AM.

Talking Re: New Ideas

Zexion - if you didn't breathe fire I'd kiss you! Thank you for pointing out the trash can icon. I totally didn't see that, I was only looking at the right click menu.

heh glad to help

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You are correct, Justa. the database doesn't care about how MANY of an item you have stacked up. We could theoretically increase the stackable size from 9999 to 99999999 and it would think that was fine. What the database does care about is the number of stacks and the "memory footprint" of players. That is how much memory each player is taking up by carrying so much around.

Not only if your vault part of you, but your ability list, your spells, your formula, your techniques, your inventory. All of that is carried around with you. So as you can see, it can get quite expensive.
    Now that forms have all of the products of the previous tiers, I wonder if a reduction in the number of form slots would be feasible from a gameplay perspective? What is it now, 750? I wonder how many players would object if that was lowered to 500 (with nothing currently over that limit being deleted, and that limit only being enforced when you tried to add new forms to your knowledge book), and vaults 6-10 were each given a +30 stack increase? I know I'd be happy with that (but I don't speak for everyone of course). You could potentially decrease the total footprint of each PC while increasing the number of usable slots.

Dunno how much work that would be though. Obviously if it is one of those projects that "would take half our people six months of their available worktime to complete", then there are better areas to spend that time on.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    Now that forms have all of the products of the previous tiers, I wonder if a reduction in the number of form slots would be feasible from a gameplay perspective? What is it now, 750? I wonder how many players would object if that was lowered to 500 (with nothing currently over that limit being deleted, and that limit only being enforced when you tried to add new forms to your knowledge book), and vaults 6-10 were each given a +30 stack increase? I know I'd be happy with that (but I don't speak for everyone of course). You could potentially decrease the total footprint of each PC while increasing the number of usable slots.

Dunno how much work that would be though. Obviously if it is one of those projects that "would take half our people six months of their available worktime to complete", then there are better areas to spend that time on.
    Would definitely sign onto this. "Most" dragons, I imagine, are NOWHERE near filling their form "quota". Would be nice to get more stacks in the Vault to make up. At the same time. could EASIALLY see using the "unused" biped form slots to increase vault slots. Course, would have to make sure that, those few long lived souls, that have EVERY form and tech, including ALL the event ones, has enough room. Maybe look at ALL the forms available in game, add ALL those up, add them to ALL the Techs available in game, then give us the difference into our Vault Stacks.

Honestly, I can't imagine that there would be as many threads (who knows how many have been axed by mods) ifn the whole player base didn't NEED let alone WANT MANY more stacks in the vault.

Honestly, am looking at the INSANE cost of the Vault beyond VII, and, I can't see me wasting my coin. And yes, I truly believe it is WASTE.

I'm gonna stop rambling now, but... there is a LARGE portion (sofar as I can tell) that REALLY wants to see WAY more stacks in their Vault. Maybe, just maybe, the Need of the Payers has exceeded the DB cost of this minor feature.

Happy collecting yall devs.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information