Thread: feedback on delta 131

Default feedback on delta 131

Hiya,

So far this is what has been found or not found as the case may be

Cannot select a gravestone referring to Reyem.

Yew round cross shield does indeed take veteran abomination chest skulls, can't check the fine yew round cross shield as not scribed.

no cotton dropped on wide selection of red backed spiders.

Gnomekindle has gone.

festival NPC's are gone from New Rachival and Dalimond but are still present at Aug Hammers rest festival.

seafood bonus on all tiers of fish is correct.

squirrel bonus on arbotus is correct.

Found Quinoa at mahagra but not at kirasanct.

Found potatoes,onions and corn outside dalimond but can't find garlic.

level requirements on cooking knives reduced to level 1 is correct.

Default Re: feedback on delta 131

Found Quinoa at mahagra but not at kirasanct.
    Its not AT Kirasanct, but nearby. Keep looking.

Found potatoes,onions and corn outside dalimond but can't find garlic.
    Its close to the corn and potatos. Keep hunting.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

thanks Amon thought it was me missing it

Found the quinoa near kirasanct, but still no garlic near dalimond.

the quest 'The Lost Colony' works but the crystal looks like a compass anchour with x,y,z pointers on it. very confusing.

the quest 'I speak For This One' works.

the quest ' Semeneth's Task' works. 2 minor points though, if the biped changes schools the quest is disabled, also don't see the heads collected till you have all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryin View Post
    ' Semeneth's Task' works. 2 minor points though, if the biped changes schools the quest is disabled, also don't see the heads collected till you have all 3.
    Don't change schools, then.

Kidding aside, that's very strange. The quest doesn't have any school constraints on it. Could you submit a ticket with the details?

Not getting individual Enslaver heads is correct, but I can see how that might cause concern that the quest isn't progressing correctly. It was set up that way just to avoid players accidently deleting an enslaver head (thus borking the quest) or confusing it with a myloc harridan brain resource comp. However, if it looks like not having the individual heads in inventory is causing a lot of confusion, that's a fairly easy thing to fix.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

ADD: Added quest "The Lost Colony" to Brysmendrik

Is this a Dragon only quest? Maybe prerequisites?
    Brysmendrik offers me nothing. He just tells me that my company is distressing and asks that I leave him to his thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    ADD: Added quest "The Lost Colony" to Brysmendrik

Is this a Dragon only quest? Maybe prerequisites?
    It is for adult dragons and hatchlings qualified to begin RoP only.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Found the quinoa near kirasanct, but still no garlic near dalimond.
    I found it! Does that mean I win the prize? Or just that vampires will stay away from me now?

In fact, I can see Dalimond itself from where I'm standing with a garlic plant targeted. They are little, though, so you really have to look.

FIX: After a brief discussion, Ssoren now understands what "non-Sslik only" means and will correctly offer the "Assault on the Deadlands" quest to those who qualify for it.

The Saris Mummy spawn rate should be increased. Maybe not more, but just a lot quicker respawn. With just me alone there, it took quite a while to find 30. When this moves to live servers and more people are apt to be attempting the quest at one time, it's going to be a waiting game.

Also, since you are having to wait, the best spot to wait for the most mummies is right were the named mob spawns. This may result in someone killing the named multiple times while another character is the one who needs the kill. If possible, why not have the named with a small contingient, but put the rapid respawners a little bit away. Possibly on the other side of the ridge. I'm not sure if possible, but a couple of blighted tents or buildings would make the area look more like a garrison since you are killing 30 mummies.

After visiting the Sergeant in Parsnia, the quest does not update to tell you to return to Ssoren. The quest is incomplete, but has no further instruction.

As an aside on this:
    I love this whole story-line questing.
    I wish all this was in place when I was a new player.
    The tie between the Saris and Sslanis is explained somewhere early in the game or at character creation, I don't remember for sure. However, the working relationships between the races, the loyalties, the small conflicts of personalities; all of this can only be realized by following the quests.

I've always wondered why Parsnia sat down there by itself instead of connected to Kion. Now I know.

One day I'll have to start a new character and work through, trying to not know what lies ahead, and see if they all connect logically and if the player needs a little more direction to get moving. Right now, I'm not sure, or don't remember, if there is anything that moves the player from Kion to Sslanis. I never even visited Sslanis until my late 80s I believe.

At the time, I think you had to be an explorer (which I usually am) to find all the ties. Jolan's quest on Spider Island and the subsequent ties are an important part since they deal with Merrescant (sp?). One of the new techs was also Merrescant's Blessing (although I've never found out for sure what it does). A clean story/quest line that gives just enough direction to the player to tie all of this together would be fascinating and provide for more fun during those levels instead of just grinding to level without a cause or purpose.
    Last edited by GalemThawn; January 22nd, 2008 at 06:18 PM.

On another note:

Having the Key Master and her guardian Elite Bone Vindicators in the same area may be confusing. This appears to be a named mob for a quest, either leftover from times goneby, or a quest I've never found. If this is an archival mob that has no active, related quest, you may consider pulling her.

Something like a Key Master with these massive, hit point heavy, guards would leave me searching for the quest and frustrated that I couldn't find it.

Of course, all that mean nothing if this is newer content or the quest still exists somewhere.
    Last edited by GalemThawn; January 22nd, 2008 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    After visiting the Sergeant in Parsnia, the quest does not update to tell you to return to Ssoren. The quest is incomplete, but has no further instruction.
    You should recieve a feedback statement saying, "Return to Sslanis and tell Ssoren this task is done". Perhaps that direction should also appear in the quest log.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the series! Keep in mind that Sslik get a different version of this quest; you might want to compare notes... ;-)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Keep in mind that Sslik get a different version of this quest; you might want to compare notes... ;-)
    I didn't even think about them getting a different version, but now I get it:
    Offer Xa to Sslik only
    Offer Xb to non-Sslik only

the quest ' Semeneth's Task' works. 2 minor points though, if the biped changes schools the quest is disabled,
    Fixed, should be resolved with the next delta. In the mean time, have a dragon secure an extra copy of Semeneth's message for bipeds to carry around until they complete the quest.

Many thanks to the folks on Blight for their help troubleshooting this one.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    You should recieve a feedback statement saying, "Return to Sslanis and tell Ssoren this task is done". Perhaps that direction should also appear in the quest log.
    Slightly offtopic, but *all* significant directions should appear in the quest log. What happens if someone crashes right after receiving their non-questlog instructions? They'll be lost cause the chat windows reset at every relog. So having major instructions appear and get checked off in the quest window is a must. Mind you, this doesn't mean every little tiny instruction needs to be there. If the main quest thingie in the log says "collect 10 ZZ and 50 YY then return to NPC AA", then there don't necessarily need to be individual counters for those things. As long as that part of the quest checks off when you return to the NPC with the full load of required items it is fine.

Hi, Did anyone notice the Graphic for the Radiant Azulyte on the mountain at lost coloney, Isle of Draak ? On my machine there is a xyz pointer in place where the Rad Azulyte crystal should be..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Radiant Azulyte Fixed.. Peas Plant too..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Radiant azulyte???
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

This was part of the 130/131 additions so asking this here.

Is the T1 fishing bonus "Prepared Shrimp" correct? Shouldn't it be raw shrimp? The prepared shrimp is 4 bulk compared to 10 bulk for all the other bonuses and other raw meats so seems like an intermediate resource rather than base.

Drev

You are correct. It should be just "shrimp" not prepared shrimp. And the shrimp resource has the proper 4 bulk. This has been fixed internally and is part of the next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information