Thread: Pekkas Mappack 3.21e(hanced)

Default Pekkas Mappack 3.21e(hanced)

I did not ask for permission, I simply did it for fun. I made some little updates and changes mainly for my personal usage and thought maybe some others wanted to have this, too.

I don't want be credited for this, the main work has been done by Pekka and Cobal, the updated installation instructions by Tramsan. I always enjoyed using this mappack - thanks for that, I can imagine how much work it has been editing such a high amount of markers.

Installation:

Simply copy the resources folder into your resource_override folder and say "yes" if you get asked to overwrite.

Edit with NotePad the value at "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in folder horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def with: "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

I have tested the mappack on win2k and winxp, you should check the folder names: "resources", "interface" and "maps" and change them if necessary to lowercase letters, I got bugged view of the mappack on a win2k system when uppercase letters where used, on winxp it worked for me without problems, it may not do for you, Horizons seems to be somewhat sensitive on this. I don't take any responsibility if your Horizons, Computer, Toaster or something else get blown, blue, drown, dead, killed or damaged in any other way

Changes:

I joined the city and player city names into one switch, and plots & lairs on the free one, that way you can switch plots and lairs on and off. Having them off enhances the speed of opening the map quiet a lot.

Only highres maps up to now, if it's recommended I can edit the lowres version of Pekkas Mappack, too.

Updates (I'd like to call this v3.21E):
    player city and city names joined on one switch
    plots and lairs on the free switch
    colored houses symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    colored portal symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    Mahagra updated
    Sslanis updated
    some updates on Lesser Aradoth (e. g. Parsinia)
    Genevia: Pajstini updated
    some updates on New Trismus
    some small fixes here and there, and surly some new quirks added

Download Link:
    Pekkas Mappack 3.21e
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Pekkas Mappack 3.21e(hanced)

When I click on the link, it takes me here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DQGBX3XD

I can find nothing there for pekkas map.

There's the "MEGAUPLOAD" and the arrow, then the words: Please enter (Letters) here, and then a box.

Input the letters in that box to let it know that you are a human.

set language to english in the top and you can download the zip, sorry I don't have access to webspace with enough bandwith to host it on my own.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thanks! Got the download. Really missed having the map around, hope you can continue to update it!

Default released: Pekkas Mappack 3.22e(nhanced)

Don't know why, but I can't edit my first post.

During maintainance today I made some updates:

Updates V3.22E:
    buttons of detail maps (towns, islands...) now all sortet in the same manner
    detail maps now show blue npc dot if you stand nearby and the map has no marker
    at that place, just like the Istaria map does.
    Marker updates done on:
    Chiconis
    Kirasanct
    Dralk
    New Trisumus
    Kion
    Dalimond Outlands
    Lesser Aradoth
    Istaria map some fixes (f. e.: dragon icons now used for NPCs in Dralk and
    Chiconis...)

Download Pekka's Mappack V3.22e

Default Help wanted!

I'd like to optimize the markers of the large Istaria map and think that the map opens faster then, but it's somewhat sophisticated to do this by hand via cut'n'copy.

Though I'd like to ask if someone of you may help me with this task. What I need is a little program that deletes empty lines and sorts the markers after the "WorldX" and "WorldY" positions. It's beyond my skills to do this on a textfile by my own. Maybe one of you like to help me with such a little program or someone knows a program that can sort textfiles with a way where I can set sorting parameters in some way to get this sorted?

Sample of marker elements:

MAP_ELEMENT
    {
    float WorldX = 20554.7
    float WorldY = 24310.1
    UI_WINDOWDEF Image
    {
    float H = 16
    string Image = "map_marker_npc_violet.png"
    string ToolTip = "Private Berriens"
    float W = 16
    }
    }
    MAP_ELEMENT
    {
    float WorldX = 20582.4
    float WorldY = 24315.3
    UI_WINDOWDEF Image
    {
    float H = 16
    string Image = "map_marker_npc_violet.png"
    string ToolTip = "Private Arlinne"
    float W = 16
    }
    }
    Last edited by Terao; February 20th, 2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: errors

Default V3.23e(nhanced)

Thank you so much Oakleif for providing me your markers! I've put them into this update: Pekkas Map Pack V3.23E enjoy!

Updates v3.23E:
    - Big thanks to Oakleif for his markers (e. g. showing way to Draak, some resource spots added, dragon quest related stuff and machines ...)
    Marker updates done on:
    - Tazoon detail map fixed and updated
    - Aughundell detail map fixed and updated
    - New Trismus should be up to date now
    - some small fixes on Dalimond, Kion and other town maps
    - Istaria map some updates here and there

Download Pekkas Mappack V3.23e

If you dont mind I'd pack it on my server(s) for fast and Ad-free downloads.
    Unitys Eisdrache Nemesis of Helian
    Orders Finiaroth Helian

That would be great Eis, thanks. May be nice if I could get your email adress then I'll send you the latest updates for upload. I hadn't another solution and it may take some time before I can host it on my own.

For those who may want me to send markers, suggestions or something else, my email: [email protected]

Already working on the next update will be ready in one or maybe two weeks.

Default Re: Pekkas Mappack 3.23e(nhanced)

I am always glad to help!

The mappack can be downloaded here:

Mirror 1: Mappack 3.23e

Mirror 2: Mappack 3.23e

Mirror 3: Mappack 3.23e
    Last edited by Eisdrache; March 3rd, 2008 at 11:59 AM.
    Unitys Eisdrache Nemesis of Helian
    Orders Finiaroth Helian

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

I'll be happy put it on my server, because MEGAUPLOAD seems to love showing little pictures of *orn (dad --daughter was one pic I saw) plus it leads to a piracy (FastDirectDowload) site. . MEGAUPLOAD seems to shady and it's slow -- seems you have to pay them money to download files faster. Just like FilePlanet (what a rip off) pay to download free files pfft!.

Anywhoo, no ads, no waiting..nothing. http://www.paulchatman.com/Personal/...ppack_322e.zip
    I hope that was OK to do, I just REALLY hate sites like MEGAUPLOAD, FilePlanet, etc.
    Last edited by j-Xiti; September 23rd, 2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: added URL link
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Could also use skydrive.live.com as well, you can set up public folders and such as put the files there. Uploaders need an account, but you set access for "Public" to not have to log in.

Just my 2c...

Default Re: Help wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    I'd like to optimize the markers of the large Istaria map and think that the map opens faster then, but it's somewhat sophisticated to do this by hand via cut'n'copy.

Though I'd like to ask if someone of you may help me with this task. What I need is a little program that deletes empty lines and sorts the markers after the "WorldX" and "WorldY" positions. It's beyond my skills to do this on a textfile by my own. Maybe one of you like to help me with such a little program or someone knows a program that can sort textfiles with a way where I can set sorting parameters in some way to get this sorted?
    A program to do this would be a pain in the rear end. But a program that could generate the file for you given input would be a peice of cake. If your intrested in startign somethign lemme know via post or PM

yfyi, Tal: Terao does not play anymore:-(
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I really need to pay more attn to the dates on these forms. Or somebody needs to do some serious house cleaning

Thread Information