Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta 133

Default Delta 133

Whole lot of new stuff in confectioner.

Would it be possible to list, in game, how many garnish slots are available on an finished food item in the description, or even just the form?

Could there be a way, via icon or in the description, to indicate that a resource is useable as a garnish? I am sure there are going to be a million questions why some resources can't be used on a food as a garnish, like no cheese on a baked potato...blasphemy!)

Much more to come *grin*
    Drev

Default Re: Delta 133

More questions

Is clay being eliminated as a confectioner resource? None of the forms require any type of clay bowls, skewers, etc.

Are the batches on processed resources intended to be less than the old resource formulas? For example salt and pepper in the old foms are 4 raw for a batch of 3 processed at optimal. The new salt and pepper are 2 raw for 1 processed. The batch sizes don't bother me since they can be mass processed with the slider. I am mostly interested in the change.

Are next tier fish bonuses coming back? The new seafood bonuses work, but you can no longer get trout as a bonus from bass, halibut from mackeral, etc.

Drev

Clay is gone as a confectioner resource.

The new system has no relation at all to the old confectioner system. No comparisons were made when creating the new formulas.

The next tier bonuses from fish are not coming back I'm afraid.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Some specific notes about various confectioner forms. Since we have little to no guidance on this, it is hard to tell which items are actual “bugs” vs which are intended. Some are just suggestions and/or questions that I might not see the designer’s “vision” on. Yes, some might be nitpicky, but hey, I’ve been waiting for this for 2+ years

Basic Main Dishes -> Blackened Gruok Steak is skill 1-100, yet uses Prepared Gruok Flank which is a 100-200 skill resource. Higher difficulty food using lower tier resources is fine, not so sure about lower difficulty foods using higher difficulty resources.

Confectioner Marinades requires 150 Cooking skill to scribe, but all of its products use Preparing skill to make. Marinated Gruok is missing from the products.

Confectioner Gravies and Syrups is missing Gruok Gravy.

Confectioner Doughs use milk in most products where water would be more logical. Most also use eggs which would bring the products closer to batters than doughs. Eggs would be more appropriate in the Noodles.

Confectioner Dairy Products -> Buttermilk should be made by adding vinegar to milk, not lemon juice. Also, there is no actual butter in buttermilk, like the form has listed.
    Butter could have salt as an ingredient, though it is also fine as is.
    Cheese should use rennet as an ingredient. Can be a purchased item from Fillet.

Confectioner Prepared Oils and Sauces -> Tomato Basil Sauce has no Basil in the ingredients, but has Green Peppers and Onions…sounds more like a crappy mild salsa. Must be made in New York City…..

Basic Sides: The dishes that require Steamed Rice are a bit heavy on the rice requirement.

Basic Appetizers -> Boiled Shrimp has a skill range of 1-100 yet the Prepared Shrimp requires 100 minimum skill.

Advanced Desserts -> Vanilla Pudding doesn't use any Vanilla

Advanced Main Dishes: None of the pies use pie dough. "Pies" use flour dough and the "Hash Pies" don't even use that.

The names Basic and Advanced are somewhat misleading. There is a Salad in Basic Appetizers that uses lettuce, tomato, and vinegar and is skill 200-325, yet in Advanced Appetizers there is a Tossed Salad with just lettuce and vinegar at a skill range of 100-200. I realize you are using the same type of scaling in the forms as with other craft schools, i.e. Bronze Mace/Iron Mace (1-100/200-325) and Fine Bronze Mace/Fine Iron Mace (100-200/300-425). Just the names Basic and Advanced might be confusing. Not sure what they could be given to make it less so.

More to come….

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; February 15th, 2008 at 08:18 AM.

Last quicky one for tonight.

The confectioner trainers still give out the old beginner forms when asked for basic equipment.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Last quicky one for tonight.

The confectioner trainers still give out the old beginner forms when asked for basic equipment.

Drev
    That and no training cooking knife.
    Also, I've noticed that meat is not harvestable by dragons using their ingenuity ability. Not sure this is intended or not.

Hi, I looked at all the skill reqs to make things in the new forms..
    And, I see alot of 1-100, 100-200, 200-300, 300-400..
    These numbers are good for smelting and stoneworking..
    But, I think Food Stuff would be better with Diversity..
    Armors have 1-100, 10-110, 20-120, 30-130, 40-140..
    I think Some sort of diversity would give crafters the chance to explore all the parts, Instead of just here and there..

…sounds more like a crappy mild salsa. Must be made in New York City…..
    <3

Thank you blight testers for testing all the confectioner stuff. Maybe this weekend I'll have the time to get around to helping. :/

Confectioner Doughs use milk in most products where water would be more logical. Most also use eggs which would bring the products closer to batters than doughs. Eggs would be more appropriate in the Noodles.
    Some bread/pastry doughs use milk and eggs, some don't. Just depends on the style you are making. Same with noodles. Some use eggs, some don't.
    Confectioner Dairy Products -> Buttermilk should be made by adding vinegar to milk, not lemon juice. Also, there is no actual butter in buttermilk, like the form has listed.
    You can make buttermilk with lemon juice too. Personal preference, as many things in cooking are.
    Butter could have salt as an ingredient, though it is also fine as is.
    Butter comes in both salted and unsalted varieties. Some things require unsalted butter. If you are making something that asks for salted butter you can just add a very small amount of salt to the dish and it will be fine. Though in all likelihood you wouldn't even know the difference. But I agree that salt is a likely ingredient.

Confectioner Prepared Oils and Sauces -> Tomato Basil Sauce has no Basil in the ingredients, but has Green Peppers and Onions…sounds more like a crappy mild salsa. Must be made in New York City…..
    Onions and Green/Red Peppers are fairly common ingredients in some types of tomato sauces. Both personal preference and the exact dish you are preparing dictate whether or not you use them. In my experience onions are pretty much universal. But yeah, if it lists Basil in the title of the recipe it should have Basil in it. Though... did you know that many types of Spinach and Artichoke Dip don't actually have Artichokes in them? Personally I think that's false advertising and should be punished with 40 lashes.

Just something to add to the checklist of things to do once everything is in place: Remove the old confectioner formulas from the Formulatrons and add the new ones.

Actually, that should have been added as a "side note"... currently the only one to have the new formulas is Fillet. The other trainers still all have old formulas. Makes it easier to update that way. But thank you for the reminder about Formulatrons... might have forgotten about them.

Just something to add to the checklist of things to do once everything is in place: Remove the old confectioner formulas from the Formulatrons and add the new ones.
    Actually, the new formulas will not be available on the formulatron because they are intended to be purchased from trainers for coin not tokens (I just goofed). Also, no confectioner formulas are dropped as loot.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

You mean wolves, beetles and pygmies will no longer be culinary geniuses?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Also, no confectioner formulas are dropped as loot.
    None at all? How will that help the crafter/adventurer interdependency? Or, um, whatever you want to call it... *wanders off to wake up*

There are lots of rare resources that adventurers can gather (using ingenuity). But compared to the old confectioner, there just aren't that many formulas.

But, but... I like finding forms and such on mobs. I'm sure I'd hunt a lot more if I had to go out and get my own forms...maybe. Oh well, hopefully I have enough cash to buy them. Thanks for the answer.

The lowest skill main dishes are blackened minnow fillets and blackened gruok steak. Both of these require ground pepper. The ground pepper is easy to make but to harvest the pepper berries one needs the foraging 2 ability. This means one can't make the above items til they reach lvl 20 and receive the ability to harvest the pepper.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

What about the forms that are a reward along with the xstals for finding the correct spot on the old, Hidden confectioner quests that drop as loot from ghosts?

Also, some confectioner forms will only be available via quest.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I posted earlier with what I thought might be a problem, in this post I'd like to list a couple of preferences. The peppered beef and rice uses milled rice, I'd prefer steamed rice. When fishing for minnows I got shrimp bonus quite often and even got squid a couple of times. I was kinda disapointed that the bonus was only 1 of each. My preference would be a few more.

Thread Information