Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 133

Default Re: Delta 133

Quote Originally Posted by Krystine View Post
    When fishing for minnows I got shrimp bonus quite often and even got squid a couple of times. I was kinda disapointed that the bonus was only 1 of each. My preference would be a few more.
    I already complained about that. They said it's working as intended.

Also, having just made a bunch of food for a quest last night... Have these foods been taken out of the quests and replaced with the new stuff? (The Parrot and Shining Blades quests were the ones with food, iirc. I don't know if there are others.)

There is a thread in General about the quests which require food.

Yep, it was started after I made that post.

After trying out the new confectioner for a bit, it's largely impossible to make appropriately tiered basic main courses thanks mostly to too many T1 foods needing pepper.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Also, I appear to be crashing a lot after a recall. No error message, so it's not enough information for a ticket, but maybe someone can check it out.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Quote Originally Posted by Tathar View Post
    Also, I appear to be crashing a lot after a recall. No error message, so it's not enough information for a ticket, but maybe someone can check it out.
    it's a known bug due to blight client.

I appreciate the feedback so far everyone. Its helpful. I have corrected some of the items mentioned.

I did, however, want to point out that not all foods can be based upon realistic ingredients. We tried for realism as much as we could, but we did sacrifice in some places for gameplay balance. So if things seem a little off sometimes (pies using flour instead of dough), please remember to "take things with a grain of salt". heheh.

That being said, we welcome your suggestions and feedback on all aspects of the system. Thank you for testing it and thank you for your enthusiasm.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    please remember to "take things with a grain of salt". heheh.
    Just a grain? I can't use the whole rock?

Some of this may be working as intended, but they seemed like Bugs based on my perceptions of what the revamp is intending to accomplish...

I'm curious / concerned as to the fate of Red and Green Licorice; they seem to be missing. They were previously available on the Vielo Genuata. Genuata has been banished and most of her stock was moved to Fillet in Sslanis, but he doesn't seem to have either Licorice, nor a formula to make / refine it. Licorice was listed as a Tier 2 resource a while back in a dev post, but I'd like to hear that it is indeed a resource currently in the world and whether or not a refining step (and recipe) is needed.

Confectioner Doughs Formula tool requirement message is incorrect. Make Item window indicated that the tool should be Mixing Spoon when a Baking Spatula is actually required. Scribe Confectioner Doughs Formula, equip Bronze Tree Axe (any non-cooking tool), open up Item Creation Window, Select any of the Dough products, Tool needed says (Mixing Spoon), equip Cedar Mixing Spoon and Tool still shows red (Mixing Spoon), click Equip the highest quality tool for the job and Cedar Baking Spatula is equipped

Tools used in various preparing skill recipes ( Bucket, Mixing Spoon, Baking Spatula, Cooking Knife) should limit Preparing Skill so that they are upgraded by tier instead of using T1 tools forever. They should also be allowed to be equipped based on Preparing skill, otherwise Gatherers will never be able to equip higher tier tools that use Cooking as a skill requirement to equip.

Expert Millstone in Player built Expert Mill Ship does not give bonus to Preparation skill

No techniques to increase Preparing Skill found on the Aughendel Quartermaster (other gatherer processing techs like smelting are there) Will a tech to increase Preparing skill be included?

Some confectioner resources (Fennel specifically that I tried) say that a Clay Scoop is required as the equipped tool to gather. Clay scoops use the Earthencraft skill as a requirement to equip. Gatherers do not natively get Earthencraft and thus cannot gather these resources.

Will Gatherers get experience from processing combines? Currently they do not. I realize that Confectioners will not, but since gatherers are getting the preparation skill, it implies to me that they are intended to be able to gather and refine basic foodstuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanee View Post
    I'm curious / concerned as to the fate of Red and Green Licorice; they seem to be missing.
    Red and green Licorice specifically will no longer be used. Formulas that call for them will be updated to need just licorice. Licorice will be a part of the rare food/garnish part of the revamp.

Confectioner Doughs Formula tool requirement message is incorrect.
    Will look into this. Was it for all doughs, or just some?

Tools used in various preparing skill recipes ( Bucket, Mixing Spoon, Baking Spatula, Cooking Knife) should limit Preparing Skill.
    I believe this is fixed internally, just not on Blight yet. But again, I'll check.

Expert Millstone in Player built Expert Mill Ship does not give bonus to Preparation skill.
    I'm guessing that's a bug, but will check. Will look at all Mill Shops just to be sure.

No techniques to increase Preparing Skill found on the Aughendel Quartermaster (other gatherer processing techs like smelting are there) Will a tech to increase Preparing skill be included?
    That I don't know, but I'll try to find out.

Some confectioner resources (Fennel specifically that I tried) say that a Clay Scoop is required as the equipped tool to gather. Clay scoops use the Earthencraft skill as a requirement to equip. Gatherers do not natively get Earthencraft and thus cannot gather these resources.
    Will look into this as well.

Will Gatherers get experience from processing combines? Currently they do not. I realize that Confectioners will not, but since gatherers are getting the preparation skill, it implies to me that they are intended to be able to gather and refine basic foodstuffs.
    And this too.

Translation: Good catches, Djanee. When the developer doesn't know the answers to the majority of your questions, that means you've caught some good ones. Thank you.

The mention of the technique made me think of cogs.

Cogs should be reviewed/changed to incorporate preparing skill, unless this has already been done and I missed seeing it in the patch notes.

I was wondering if cauldrens in player alchemist shops will give a bonus to preparation and cooking since they are now used in so many confectioner formulas.

Confectioner Doughs Formula tool requirement message is incorrect. Make Item window indicated that the tool should be Mixing Spoon when a Baking Spatula is actually required. Scribe Confectioner Doughs Formula, equip Bronze Tree Axe (any non-cooking tool), open up Item Creation Window, Select any of the Dough products, Tool needed says (Mixing Spoon), equip Cedar Mixing Spoon and Tool still shows red (Mixing Spoon), click Equip the highest quality tool for the job and Cedar Baking Spatula is equipped.
    I've tried to replicate this now that delta 134 is on Blight, and can't. Every time I open the formula, it shows that a Mixing Spoon is needed. I started with a non-cooking tool equipped, and used the auto equip to equip the item that the recipe really should use, and it picked a Mixing Spoon.

Are you still getting this as an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Krystine View Post
    I was wondering if cauldrens in player alchemist shops will give a bonus to preparation and cooking since they are now used in so many confectioner formulas.
    Speaking of cauldrons, when can we expect to get these in dragon lairs? Transmutation is a PITA when you can do everything else in your lair.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but I just did the Buttercap quest on Feledan CNF trainer, and she gave me the bitterroot form instead of the buttercap cleansing form. I had the bitterroot quest going at the same time but hadn't completed it yet. When I did she didnt give a second copy of the bitterrot processing form.

So I'm missing the Buttercap processing form now.... (It was the first quest I did

I don't know where else post about this, as I have it on the production client, since seemingly ever, and it just happened again.

If I go near the Dralk vault NPC, "pick up" (drag with mouse) off inventory an ironsilk bag containing my craft scales and do not drop it in the vault within some seconds (basically I hold it without finishing the drag and drop), the client "quits" to desktop with no message.

This happened me years ago as well, and on a different PC with different video card brand.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information