Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry Warrior

Default Re: Angry Warrior

From a role play perspective I don't see how this is any different than buying Hoard off a biped. Or having a biped "slave" as a mule. RP-wise, think of this as an excuse to stretch the wings of your imagination and come up with an inventive reason why your Lunus would *want* to buy food from a biped (or demand tribute in exchange for some worthless copper pieces... stupid bipeds! So suggestible).

they still are risking the Destabilizations of the comp hunters economies..

Epic Hunts in general.

Arop and Rop runs .

Destroying the Dragon Loar and making Dragons more reliant on biped assistance.

I strongly feel that this nerf will hit the community Negatively and will destabilize the player base that starting to come back.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    From a role play perspective I don't see how this is any different than buying Hoard off a biped. Or having a biped "slave" as a mule. RP-wise, think of this as an excuse to stretch the wings of your imagination and come up with an inventive reason why your Lunus would *want* to buy food from a biped (or demand tribute in exchange for some worthless copper pieces... stupid bipeds! So suggestible).
    Though I doubt my Hrough would -ever- want food that was in a biped's hands at one time (short of stealing it, but he isn't really agressive towards them, just detests them.). That may change in the future, if his personality does, but right now it looks like I'll have to tough it out and just be careful to not die too much. XP

I've said from day one in this game (a long time ago, in a...) that the max death penalty is WAY to low. I say BRING IT ON. Biting and then thinking is all good and all, but there should be a price to pay for gung-ho combat...

As for the new penalties - It seems to me people think one will be completely borked down after a few death points. I'm sure 4 DPs won't be (much) more severe than now. I'm sure 20 will. A rift run will give you maybe one or two of them - it's not like ya gonna be hospitalized for weeks afterwards...

You have a point. And we shouldn't be falling in combat too often anyways. (I was actually quite proud of myself when I went through 100 garnet golems yesterday without incident!)

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    I've said from day one in this game (a long time ago, in a...) that the max death penalty is WAY to low. I say BRING IT ON. Biting and then thinking is all good and all, but there should be a price to pay for gung-ho combat...

As for the new penalties - It seems to me people think one will be completely borked down after a few death points. I'm sure 4 DPs won't be (much) more severe than now. I'm sure 20 will. A rift run will give you maybe one or two of them - it's not like ya gonna be hospitalized for weeks afterwards...
    yes but one bad faf Hunt will or a einith comp hunt or a swamp comp hunt will put ya in the hospital

Making Dragons more dependent on bipeds is wrong i would not be haf as disturbed if dragons had the ability to make there own dragon sized meals
    i would aculy say if dragons could make there own food that its the dragons fault not wanting to cook so happy death point .

the idea to force a dragon to pay a ped for ped food is well detrimental to the lunus loar . if dragons where given the ability to make it them selfs or pay a ped then i think it would be a happy meadiom

NOTE : Dragon Food Race specific like roosted Dryad wings from a blighted dryad or Leg of lamb or roosted sheep

We have lava pits in dralk smelts a grill from cobalt bars lets Use them !
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    I doubt my Hrough would -ever- want food that was in a biped's hands at one time
    The RP implications of the confectioner changes were not forgotten. Rest assured, lore addressing the issue of dragons eating biped-prepared food has been worked into the revamp via some of the quest content. These quests are not in this first section of content to be rolled out, however. I'm sorry to have to ask ask everyone for more patience, but if I gave out the details Amarie would hunt me down and hurt me badly.
    Last edited by LaughingOtter; February 15th, 2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Typos
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

yes there is an easier way to get to the satyr isles

1-get attuned to the isles
    2.fly to the isle from sslanis(or wherever...takes like a min or 2...)
    3. if you encounter the red wall either fly over or under it. an yes you can fly over it as an ancient just takes forever to get that high

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    if I gave out the details Amarie would hunt me down and hurt me badly.
    He's right. I would. And that would be a severe penalty.

All will be explained in time, my young Padaw... oh, wait, wrong world.

Patience, young grasshopper. (Ok, still wrong world, but I'm running out of phrases.)

Yes and I was told that there was a quest being created for food that I as a Dragon created was being crafted. See we Helian's have it right. Show a Naka how to cook and they will do it for you. So Not only do I get a food named after me, that i think any dragon would be proud to eat, but a quest for it also. Who would have ever thought that would happen the day I dropped out of the sky for a quick meal of Roasted Grunk.

*falls over in shock* Something we agree on!

I think I like the direction I see confectioner going in, but until I see some items details, I can't say for certain.

What I can say is: if you are getting 20+ DPs on a regular basis, or enough so that this change is a significant concern, then you are doing something wrong. Even fighting the "epic mobs" you shouldn't be getting this many.

In my opinion, this change will (hopefully) encourage people to fight better...and not just try to reach the goal of being the hardest hitter. Tactics are important, as well.

Rechecks postings nope dint say that

Death points in a faf fight may very a good fight is min of 3 (baced off my own ex since faf has been hear i have not gotten away with out 3 points or higer)

Worst Faf fight ever was when me 4 other dragons and a few other peds attempted to kill it and after a good 45 min we gave up with 26 points and the critter still not dead

on avrage faf as the ability to give a player 3-5 points if they do it right if things go honorably wrong well you know where thats headed to i hate the fact of being Forced to buy ped food that is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    i hate the fact of being Forced to buy ped food that is wrong
    Then don't buy it. I've not been accused of forcing a sale on unwilling dragons yet.

Have you tried threatening an unsuspecting biped yet? Or asked your guild to provide you with anything?

I prefer to be self-sufficient, but... I've also come to the realization that that doesn't help the economy, either.

Sigh*

Your not the Devs are !
    a biped can be 100 % self sufishent drragons cant

I'm right smack dab i nteh middle on this.

Deaths dont happen to me a lot, and I already sad it needed to matter more...

however they did indeed go from confectioners being nifty to almost required if you get a death a day you *Will* need food. some dont die in a day at all. some do... you see wher this is going. no one forces you to buy death point reducing food, then again, no one forces people to upgrade spells per tier either or to upgrade armor or used teched gear.

I hope the lore being added to make lunus buy food from bipeds isnt cheesy...it would make me sad.

while I dont think dragons need a confectioner school and eating sentients on a regular basis would result in war... that the game cant support ( no widespread pvp or permadeath) it needs to be considered for lore reasons.

I dont play o nteh role play server but I do roleplay in my spare time...I think this needs handled with care, not just...this makes it work so "square peg....*shove*...round hole...it works..kinda, lets go with it!" point is I do think some people need to change their fighting style to match the change...get better or at least different.

Dragons are however relying on bipeds for deathpoint reduction...not sure thats a good thing...i dont like relying on them for haord, I'm sure some roleplayers dont...its a LARGe impact...lightning claw has made that point, I just think he went overboard and made the point...in a different way.

Daknor: cant kill him without a death point...wont happen. he practically cheats;p even less people are gonna wanna hunt him now.

Fafnir:...can happen, has been soloed...is rare and lotsa dps occur...gonna make huntign those rare and harder...that is truth.

those are really the only worries I have.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Sigh*

a biped can be 100 % self sufishent drragons cant
    this is technically true now... dragons always have had trouble finding reasons for bipeds to want them in gorups or helpign them...this has widened the gap in my honest opinion.

one more thing bipeds do better...one mroe thing making dragons need the biped

I dotn agree with much of what you say, but this, I have to say to some extent, I do
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

To say that the revamp of Confectioner was needed...I'm in total agreement. I am also in agreement that the death penalty was a little on the cheap side.

Now a few points I've pondered...

• Right now, a single DP has no penalty other than the (Current) 8 hour timer. I didn't see anywhere if this is remaining the same; something that in my opinion should remain the same. Sometimes, whether bad luck, lag, disconnections, what have you...that first/single DP should remain penalty-free with subsequent ones initiating the stat-penalties.
    • Unless I mis-read the article, it seems now additional DPs will now increase the magnitude of the stat-penalties up to 75%?!? Wow!!! Now that seems a bit extreme in my opinion.
    • Another thing that has me scratching my noggin is the affect on the economy and something that doesn't appear to have been brought: You now have a school who's products are going to be in such high demand... Confectioners' are now going to be able to gain gold like they were coppers. My point being, there is no other craft school in existence that is going to have such a high-demand, money making product.

I still agree the new foods, resources, and Confectioner revamp in general are a good thing...if maybe a bit extreme in the affect on the overall game. Not just the affect this will have on epic hunts, Satyr Island Hunts, but the economy as well.

Aaelefein

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is not meant as a subject to derail this thread, but is appropiate considering my viewpoint these changes will have on the economy and the confectioner school's demand...

How are other schools going to be changed to make their wares sellable again so they can make money?

Potions are nice, but few people use them and they aren't needed like food will be. In all honestly, the selection of potions are a bit limited in scope, duration, and affects.

Then we have the poor armor- and weapon-type crafters. I do not agree with the idea of armor/weapon damage/decay to the point of requiring the item to be replaced. Maybe tied in with the earning of a DP, said weapons/armor take a damage percentage (10%/DP?), maybe reducing their effectiveness...yes...down to zero even...BUT....they can always be repaired to new...it just takes more or better repair kits...each one worth a 10% Fix?? Something that maybe requires components made by a tinkerer?

Construction schools...well they can and always have been able to make money...if there are people hiring. Though it might be considered to have coin placed on world project items. Only thing that would be nice to see is to have novians sellable...via consignment only??

So what's left...scholar/spellcrafter? Hmm...tough one and prolly not easy to impliment...I'm sure there's ways though to make their wares more appealing, maybe single use spells that are used like potions?

Of course there's the miner/gatherer...can't see where much could be done here to help them. I'm sure there's a way though, just nothing is coming to mind.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

come on Lightning, and all the others who share his concerns:

You`re sure, you do not have a single biped friend to supply you
    with the goodies you might need?

Well, times have changed, even the eldest of our kind must learn to live with that

And asking for something is a lesson in humbleness all wise dragons should have learned at least once in their life...
    It cleans the soul and restores balance

A fond memory: We "organized" a trip to Elnath the last summer before Unity was frozen - 3 full groups, majority dragons, went on a rampage. It was a MASSACRE. Dead dragons all over the place. Screen was covered by wings so there was no point in trying to do anything organized. We had a few high level lessers that kept popping us. We came, we saw, we did NOT conqour. Don't remember what we went there for; someone needed something there. Don't remember if we got it; after an hour we all crawled our way from our shrines to our respected perching spots, 10-20 DPs richer. And BOY whas it a lot of laughs. And having been reduced TO 25% instead of WITH, would have just increased the absurdety of it, and the laughs.

Point here is: Don't fear the consequences, embrace them instead. And going to combat bogged down only means one has to think BEFORE biting...

And going to combat bogged down only means one has to think BEFORE biting...
    Did Shula really just say that? Maybe he got drunk and just said it backwards.

I can scarecly believe that my replying to "Bite then Think" with "Think then cast" would finally be having an effect after several months of replying to his greeting that way.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Thread Information