Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry Warrior

Default Re: Angry Warrior

This is a hard one for me too get a handle on. After complaining about easier comp drops , a possible disc revamp making game easier for no good reason feel id be a hypocit to complain about hunting getting harder, so therefore i must say im looking forward to see how this plays out, as i was when linked timers were fixed.

I do share some of the sentiments that sometimes certain hunts can go wrong no matter how careful or experienced you are.

The confectioner was certainly in need of a revamp , welcome to top of the heap , from obscurity to realms new powerbroker.

A couple questions though. First maybe ive missed it , but i think ive read everything available on this and dont see what the actual death penalty progression is , does it now start at 25% for second death and move up 5% for each additional up to 75%, and duration, seems unclear too, just wondering? Second what is the logic of the fact food may take 1 minute sitting down to consume , there a plenty of hunts ive been on that this will be hard, "hey teto , i just rezzed again , a hand here before i die" , "sry my friend having a much needed snack , good luck though with that though". To those that are going to state realism i might add fantasy is the waving of all things real.

To offset the new death penalty it would be nice maybe to see a couple more dp free rezzes in game, who really needs rezzers if all thats popping back up are near vegetables. While the current confectioners fill out the forms and figure out changes will Vi be making food available for sale in the meantime?

Look forward to changes , kinda happy i can eat away my death points , than spend a couple days crafting them away, not much of a crafter anyways. Lastly under revamp can confectioner stats foods now be stacked with potions?, that always seemed the easiest way to make confectioner relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    they still are risking the Destabilizations of the comp hunters economies..
    That was gone long ago, to date I can get a lot of t5 zombie ogre toes in minutes and with no risk, since they aren't in wraith groups. Yet take an hour to get one greater skeleton drop........

But thats always been that way, one extreme to the other.

But don't fret Lightning, it will all work out in the end.

(Before people do an "insta-response" sort of thing and start bashing me for my thoughts here...please make sure you read and understand the entire post. Thanks.)

I'd like to take a moment to point out that there is a difference between want and need.

As a dragon:
    • You do not need potions.
    • You do not need biped buffs.
    • At present, you do not need bipeds to provide food, since you can just visit a vendor. (I hope you're visiting the dragon vendors in Dralk and Chic and not just going to any vendor.)
    • You do not need a biped to make any of your gear. (Since dragons can make armor, weapons, spells, and disks.)
    On the reverse side, bipeds:
    • Do not need dragon buffs.
    • Do not need dragons to make equipment or spells.
    Certainly, to be more efficient, you might WANT these things, but they aren't necessary to general leveling. (They are necessary for a few quests here and there, but for the most part, those quests are all optional.)

The only times a dragon needs a biped is for RoP and ARoP...which personally, I have a lot of objection to. If there's any point where a dragon ought to be self-sufficient, it's here.

If you are absolutely insistent on refusing to eat biped food, then once the changes go in, you will need to: a) learn to solo-fight with less risk, b) find better groups, or c) stop fighting altogether.

I also suggest finding some dragon-only guilds and some dragon-only groups. Why? If you object to asking/begging/threatening a biped for food, buffs, or hoard because you "don't want to deal with naka," then you need to stop grouping with them or otherwise associating with them.

If you don't want to do that, then I'd like to know why fighting with them as comrades is so significantly different from buying things from them.

Yes, it would be nice if dragons could cook food, but I think the lesser races would have some serious objections to it...unless they stick solely to gnomes or something.

Yes, it would be nice if bipeds relied on dragons for anything.

This is, in my opinion, part of the reason the in-game economy is so bad. Everyone is or wants to be self-sufficient, so they don't need anyone for anything. At worse, they can always ask their guild for it. Even I've been guilty of that, though I'm trying to be better.

I haven't looked carefully at the new DP changes yet (yay, work), but I really don't think it's going to be as bad as people are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    The only times a dragon needs a biped is for RoP and ARoP...which personally, I have a lot of objection to. If there's any point where a dragon ought to be self-sufficient, it's here.
    I'm curious why you think a dragon needs a biped to do the RoP quest. I just recently completed mine and there was no biped involved anywhere along the way. I had to speak to an NPC biped, but that was for a very logical reason in the quest story. But I didn't have help from any biped player at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I'm curious why you think a dragon needs a biped to do the RoP quest. I just recently completed mine and there was no biped involved anywhere along the way. I had to speak to an NPC biped, but that was for a very logical reason in the quest story. But I didn't have help from any biped player at all.
    Because I did RoP ages and ages and ages ago and I have a really crappy memory?

Bipeds are needed to craft the rune styluses, both steel and mithril, as well as the glass vial.

Woo! My memory isn't as bad as I thought it was!

Maybe that's for the Lunus one, but I honestly do not recall that for the Helian RoP.

Khutit quest: must do khutit for AROP. Need stylus. need biped. Simple as that.

Kala makes good points. I agree for the most part. Ultimately though, its easy to see no flaws with a system when you benefit from it.

If dragons were to get many bonuses over bipeds...dragons would be pleased, druids over everything else, fitters etc.

Right now confectioners serve a very important role.

In the end only time will tell. So i'll not go in circles on the topic.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Kala makes good points. I agree for the most part. Ultimately though, its easy to see no flaws with a system when you benefit from it.
    New stuff...gimme new stuff!

I'm sure there are flaws in the system. Nothing's perfect, after all! (Except saris.) The penalties may a bit on the harsh side and I'm just not seeing it. There's also this way of thinking: better to have it be too harsh and get fixed later, than to nerf it now, realize it's not harsh enough, then nerf it again later.

Of course, the best way to do it would to be to get it perfect right from the start but...that's not gonna happen!

Question: is this dragon vs. all others (hate biped word) or is this about the new DP system?

Now I am a hunter first and foremost but I do/did craft off penalties when I was younger and a very bad hunter, I do recall having major issues with it back then I was great at collecting DP's and that gave me say an hour or more of a penalty so I went to "craft it off" and could not equip my tools because all my skills we lowered. Not sure if it is the same with dragons since its ability to them (does it drop tiers?). So with in increase in penatily I think it was said up to 75% does that mean I must now keep sandstone tools?

I do not say this for me so much as looking at the new players that come to our world. I do not die like I once did and I have learned how to hunt over the four years I have been here but our younger player’s might have an issue with not being able to do anything at all and leave with out learning how to hunt or craft due to this new system?
    Roguar the Zerker
    Drinker of Ale
    Order, Scoin
    why can i not sell hoard to a PB?

For myself - it seems to me that the DP changes are going to be harsh .. but I will reserve final judgment and not go bleating about it until I can actually try it out for myself and gauge what it means .. It is absolutely pointless to ask the devs not to go ahead with it as it has been a long time coming and an enormous amount of work has gone into it and they believe it is best for the game - else they would have ditched it long ago.

It will mean changes .. maybe in terms of needing better/larger groups .. likely in terms of having to think carefully about how you approach your battles and maybe not pull half the mobs on the island.

In terms of dragons being dependent on bipeds - well I suspect that half the problem at the moment is that anyone can pretty much do anything by themselves without needing anyone else's help - maybe a bit more dependency is not such a bad thing.

Anyhow - it's coming - time will tell whether it works or not.

[QUOTE=Kala;173678]
    As a dragon:
    • You do not need potions.(Bull )
    • You do not need biped buffs.(What !)
    • At present, you do not need bipeds to provide food, since you can just visit a vendor. (I hope you're visiting the dragon vendors in Dralk and Chic and not just going to any vendor.) I agree
    • You do not need a biped to make any of your gear. (Since dragons can make armor, weapons, spells, and disks.) i would not trust a kitty near a scale forge soooo much could happen to them *Evil Grins *

On the reverse side, bipeds:
    [LIST][*]Do not need dragon buffs. (Again Bull )

Rop Admitted i had some bipeds help me as stated preaviosly some are good some make good pets and others we just kill them out of sympathy

How ever

During my Arop i soloed all mobs but Thisel face and after many tries and attempts i got umarry the gloom king every thing but the Rune stylus and the ink if I recall Kessendran and Dracanaa helped me find and get that, with the exception of Location of mobs, and some directions cause i get lost easily
    it was all me Right up to the Rift run.

Ravanger ,Fire opal golem, wind golom, Mirth golem, Marbol golem, Umarry , are the ones i remember i soloed and still solo to date to remember what it took to be an Ancient Lunus .

(Befor you start posting Killing the golom king is wrong I ask all dragons that are at the Arop Level do you need this mob before I kill it)

I haven't looked carefully at the new DP changes yet (yay, work), but I really don't think it's going to be as bad as people are making it out to be. To the Hard core warriors it will be

might want to becaus the way i see it is a bad move

Repeats confec revamp was needed !
    How ever you did not need to get that extreme on it. now how can i test my limits being a lv 100 dragon thats as far as i go. thus far maybe some where down the line you could make take the dragon class to the next level and follow what many be leave to be true that dragons have certan controls over Elements and come up with Elemental classes . this would creat a better larger rift betean the faction be certain classes to certain factions
    ( I WOULD LOVE TO HELP WITH THIS )
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    but there are all those deer around...
    and cow...and fish...

I wouldn't mind fishing like a bear? *dab dab, SWAT!*

Then there're all those cows I've "tipped" over the years...
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    and cow...and fish...

I wouldn't mind fishing like a bear? *dab dab, SWAT!*

Then there're all those cows I've "tipped" over the years...
    As stated we have lava pits in Dralk *makes a cobalt grill*

Lets Use them !

Ps this is not a rant but a concurend Paying Player
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

PS, I wasn't entirely serious in my post...
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    PS, I wasn't entirely serious in my post...
    i know

but i made a point with a joke dragons need to be abel to cook some things

* thinks of a Dubbel Gnome with chees * MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm

Lightning, I don't use biped buffs, and only thing I have ever used potions for is harvesting t6 resources...

Same. Here I fight 90% of the time with out Biped buffs. I ONLY get them if a passing biped buffs me. The only potions I use are Reaping potions that I brought en mass years ago. So shows you how often I use those any more.

i like them increases the amount i can pull i can fight with or with out i don't care

Thread Information