Thread: Of hot sun... cool water... and Unity!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Default Of hot sun... cool water... and Unity!

To say it was hot was to say that draku were some small partial to hoard.

Or at least, that was Sonea’s thought as the sun burned from a sky of purer blue than any gem. But, or so she pondered, there were advantages to draku. Or to one at least, to the one she knew best and was the part of her spirit with wings. And new ones she found at most surprising times… like this!

The cove was one far from any that most knew. And the arching shadow of a wing over her could drop most swift if any came near, not that any would. And that wing could cover… anything that needed cover. And more… for that same wing was set edge-on to the cool mountain stream that fell from the rocks above. And the water met the wing... and a more pleasing spray to set the sun’s fire aside she knew not.

“ Sephie… my back?�

Wings that could slice the wind and guide it to the bearer’s will were no less at home with water. A tiny bone slipped and bent… a small part of the wing dipped… and a fine mist sprayed along her spine.

It occurred to Sonea that her companion had been silent for longer than was his habit. And she looked up at the towering Ancient, and she saw his eyes set far to the horizon, unblinking. And his jaw was… while not far from his common grin at some joke it seemed none knew save he, twitching at the corner. And a soft grating came to her ears, and Soni knew that noise well.

“ Allright, Sephie. What is it? Ye grind thy teeth again, and that means ye be thinking. And life gets all sorts of interesting when ye think! So tell me… what maze do ye wander?�

A gentle rumble came from deep in the dragon, sending strange but pleasant shivers through her where she leant against him.

“ Hrrrm. Too well ye know me it might seem, cariad. Too well were it any other… but not when it is ye.�

A chuckle was in his voice.

“ It be the lost ones. Ye know the tale? Those of the land called… what was it now? Ah, yes. Unity. The winds whisper, do ye see, and they whisper of gods, of lost ones.. and new gates opening. For the lost ones, it seems, may be found!

“ Now, and this ye know... Gods... pfah. with those of this land, I have my own… our own… matters of issue. And gods… well, they are but gods, and no great thing for all that. But the Trialos… the ones of Virtrium… now those be a different flame to watch. And it seems they have more care than most any for the lost ones and would have them born again. And that is my pondering…�

“ Born again? Why that is wonderous… I had heard of such, but I knew not how far it was made whole…�

“ Oh, the winds speak of mageries and trials and gates cracked open... but that be the thing! Cracked open, aye… but to where?�

“ Why, Sephie, to here of course. To Istari…� as she spoke, Sonea of a sudden knew the maze Sephie’s thought wandered. And for a time, two sets of eyes lost them on the far horizon. And had any been there, they would have known a thing Soni would have denied as vehemently as she did when Sephie told her she snored… for her jaw too ground tooth to tooth.

“ They are fine folks of Chaos… aye, fine indeed. And I would be the first to stand to any that spoke else. But… but so many sleep of Order. Would it not be joy did the lost ones, or as many as may be, came among us, Sephie?�

“ Aye. Joy indeed. Oh, they walk among us already, in small part. Not always known... but the winds speak to me of a time. And I think those here find it a place of some joy. But more… oh to have more would be delight!

And this I have thought. Those of Chaos number more than we of Order. And that, in some ways, is an ill thing. But… heh… but it may work to our favour in this. For, do ye see, it means that when the Empire moves to take back the lands left fallow by those passed… there will be more here for the lost to gather! Not only more, but likely more set where friend may stand to friend’s demesne…�

“ Aye! Aye! And still and all, we have those of craft and the like, and I have walked the market as ye, and there is delight to aid those new among us! And were more among us, then those times the market be sound only to the chirped crickets be less. And… and… we have mighty places of making made, to aid those that wake in their deeds and craft. And yes, this is a land for those that seek to bury their spirits in Istari nature, but those who walk here as they walk the land called Real do not find us un-friend or lack welcome. Oh, Sephie, were it only so!�

“ Oh indeed. And if is there be less of us here… then there be less contending for the things both makers and warriors need. Travertine to dig, or iron. Blue Vexators to rend for fringes or Mithril walker wrack for making armour.

Thus and so, Lightning. But of a time, that which one would have be is best left to birth in its own manner… and of other times, it is mayhap better to… heh… blow gently to the candle flame, that it dances as ye would have it dance… what think ye of this birthing?�

“ I? Well, this I say. Of a time, the winds whisper to us. Mayhap this be a time to whisper to those winds... or nay, to shout! For if we have lost old friends to sleep, then to find others from waking would be delight indeed. And if we have more new friends, why then those old may also hear whispered winds, and those winds may disturb their own sleep!�

To say it was hot was to say that draku were some small partial to hoard. But for the two by the shore… more than sun burned before them, and more than dawn was the bright hope in their eyes.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker, draku of Order
    Nobdy and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast
    Sonea Finder, warrior, maker and beloved of Order ( though she might flush and stammer at being spoken so )

Default Re: Of hot sun... cool water... and Unity!

Well written, and many thanks for it.

No doubt, some measure of the souls of Unity shall find the winds of Order sweet, and make footfall there. Speak on, good drake, that those yet undecided may know Order better as their hour of decision approaches.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Well done Lady Sonea and Sephiranoth ! well done indeed !

SilverMyst draku of Order

I never answered to this post..
    (cause I got it as pm-and answered there)

but under current circumstances:

This and similar posts were the reasons, why we decided to wake on Order.
    And tell our friends to come with us. And they did- and still do.
    At a time when Order was REALLY low populated.

Its been that winds that wispered into our deep Unitarian sleep and
    calmed our nightmares.

Thank you again, Lady Sonea and Sephiranoth.
    I never regreted my decision.*bows*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'll have to try reading this on another computer. All the punctuation turned into special characters.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

as always, the most foolish is the most wise.

long live the lightning and the thunder, may istaria live thru them for the millions and millions of years!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

One upon a time, Dancer in Darkness, had that special light. This light had special abilities to be had but each was different for others. Somehow, she lost the light and grew fearful that the darkness might indeed take her over. But, she knew the plan or she thought she knew. She was getting nervous as she looked for Lady Sonea, nary a sight of her to be had. This made Dancer sad. The more she looked for Sephiranoth the more wary she became. She could not find either one of them. What was she to do?

She fell asleep........hoping that slumber would help her with finding the light..........and finding them.

((please accept my apologies for posting. I wanted to try to be a small part in attempting to write a story of sorts. if you wish, I can delete this post I think, and if I cant, I will see if I can get staff to delete if it is requested of me to do so.))

May the beloved Dancer awake anon, recloaked in her aura of good will; even if, upon awakening, her autumnal energies glow less brilliant, may they be everlasting.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    I'll have to try reading this on another computer. All the punctuation turned into special characters.
    I had to set the view -> character encoding to Unicode (UTF-8) and it solved the issue for me.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Tapsy walks into the barn, carefully sniffs on a hay stack and cautiously chews on some tools that were thrown carelessly into a corner. After a while she calms down a bit and lays down, using the haystack as pillow. Garfonso comes in and watches her sleeping (and snoring). It warms his heart to give a home to that big black gold sprinkled dragon that seemed so deeply sad the first time they met and she bit him.

Tapsy had wandered this place they call order a long time. Most of the time she was alone. That was not a real issue in that time. Being a Lunus by heart she never had great compassion for the naka-duskael and she also seldom needed the help of other dragons. She felt mighty and achieved anything there was to achieve on her own with the pure strength of her claws.

But then, one day, this stupid Saris stepped into her life. She can not really remember how or when... or why the hell she did not bite him in the first place. Maybe she had. That was her usual reaction towards bipeds running up on her. At least at that time... But if so, he must have been stayed. Strange. She never saw that reaction before...

Their first contact must have been during the time, when all the people were talking about other people waking on Order that came from some other strange place they called Unity... she did not understand much about that. But she also did not care. Her life was good as it was, that's what she really thought. She was a mighty dragon and there was nothing to fear. Especially not some more naka-duskael running around on the ground where she already started to become an adult with wings that would never forced her to walk again.

But nevertheless somehow she had to come to know this stupid male cat with his big belly and the stupid jokes it makes. He even does not seem to fear to cuddle her or to poke her when he makes stupid jokes about dragons. He even seems to know what she was feeling, often way before she knew by herself. Life had become complicated. Somehow this Saris they call Garfonso the Cook suddenly was in a deep union with her the mighty dragon Tapsy. And she must admit, that she would probably bite anyone that would try to take him from her.

Tapsy had not always been that mighty. In fact, and maybe that was the reason she was on her own the most part of her life, she tended to be a very clumsy hatchling. Other hatchlins were making fun of her. Why was it her fault that under her feet there tended to be things? Some of those things like mice or other small animals squeaked on her and that always scared the heck out of Tapsy. It still happens today. That's why they called her Tapsy in the first place. She never really liked that name, but it was the only one she was given. So she learned to be proud of it.

And somehow this stupid Garfonso seems to know all this. He makes fun of her, all the time. But he never laughed about her, when she was clumsy again. No, then he steps up to help her, not saying a single word. It still feels awkward to think, but somehow Tapsy was sure she could rely on that Saris Shaman to help her out in any situation.

And now she seems to be living in his barn. She helped to haul some of the resources to this place. It was a very dull and tiring work and her mighty claws seemed kind of useless to her at that time. At least she could make good use of her wings. But she had done it and now she was proud of what the Saris had build from all that. Maybe she will have a lair someday. But she still feels to clumsy and insecure to undertake such a delicate task. So she feels kind of home here, living in that barn, next to that Saris.

After all, maybe people arriving from that strange place called Unity in her world was a good thing? All that went through Tapy's head when sleep started to overwhelm her.

Tapsy might not quite think it yet, but Garfonso was sure that now, for the first time in her gifted live, Tapsy has found real friends and someday she will think so, too.

--
    That's the story of Tapsy, a real order-born Lunus and Garfonso the Cook, a Saris born on Unity many years ago, becoming friends against all odds and living a happy life together.

I hope it's not unappropriate to post that here... The story came up in my mind as I read this post, so it's kind of related, also it describes two of my main characters meeting, one I really created on order and one I created back on unity and was finally able to move him over.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

much appreciated Garf, thank you
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information