Thread: Weekly Maintenance Schedule

Default Weekly Maintenance Schedule

Hello all, I'm returning to the game with a new account after a year of being away. (Just had a need for Horizons' crafting...) I'm enjoying my time back so far, but I'm pretty disappointed that weekly maintenance is on Tuesdays, my one day off every week. I'm in EST so it starts as soon as I wake up and goes on for a good portion of the day (today more so than last week). Besides a normal weekend, Tuesdays are when I have the most time to play.

So I'm just wondering, is anyone else in this same situation, or do I just have a weird schedule?

Default Re: Weekly Maintenance Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Sekada View Post
    Hello all, I'm returning to the game with a new account after a year of being away. (Just had a need for Horizons' crafting...) I'm enjoying my time back so far, but I'm pretty disappointed that weekly maintenance is on Tuesdays, my one day off every week. I'm in EST so it starts as soon as I wake up and goes on for a good portion of the day (today more so than last week). Besides a normal weekend, Tuesdays are when I have the most time to play.

So I'm just wondering, is anyone else in this same situation, or do I just have a weird schedule?
    I use to work Wednesday through Sunday, with Monday/Tuesday as my 'weekend'. I found it pretty annoying that my play time was being so drastically affected. That was a physically and emotionally draining job (plus I often worked long hours each workday), and I just didn't have the gumption to log in after I got home from work. So I ended up only having one day a week where I could play HZ. And at the time I was really into HZ, so that irked me.

But I understood that they usually choose Tuesday or Thursday for a reason. Those are the two days with the least amount of people online, so they try and disturb as few people as possible by having maintenance on those days. But there are always a few of us who have those maintenance days as our only playtime .

On a completely unrelated note, replying to the PM I just received (spelt that wrong AGAIN!):

!zdwa emoclew ruoY

*snirg*

I'm one of those with the standard work week, so I'm grateful the maintenance is when it is. Perhaps you could start a character on Blight, which is usually up on Tuesdays? At least you'd still get to play, and from what I've seen on the forums, it sounds like some really nice folks are there. You might try a ticket to see if you can get your main character copied to Blight, if you want to keep the same persona in both places.

As a Euro player i do find it a pain if it runs over as that goes into core play time after 1800...but these things happen..tend to do weekly food shop while its down...but there is life beyond a game
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by brainbasher View Post
    As a Euro player i do find it a pain if it runs over as that goes into core play time after 1800...but these things happen..tend to do weekly food shop while its down...but there is life beyond a game
    Agreed... usually maintenance starts 2pm my time until 7:30-8pm
    I don't know if it's possible, but it'd be nice if maintenance could start 2 or 3 hours earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    *snirg*

I'm one of those with the standard work week, so I'm grateful the maintenance is when it is. Perhaps you could start a character on Blight, which is usually up on Tuesdays? At least you'd still get to play, and from what I've seen on the forums, it sounds like some really nice folks are there. You might try a ticket to see if you can get your main character copied to Blight, if you want to keep the same persona in both places.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I started a dragon on Blight last week, but I just can't seem to get into it. Blight just doesn't have enough people for a working economy, and for some reason I'm not having much fun playing as a hatchling...

Quote Originally Posted by Sekada View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I started a dragon on Blight last week, but I just can't seem to get into it. Blight just doesn't have enough people for a working economy, and for some reason I'm not having much fun playing as a hatchling...
    What server does?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    What server does?
    At least on Chaos I can buy forms and blighted objects and sell hoard and Tink goods. It's true that it's not nearly as rich an economy as the last time I played, when there was a good selection of crystals on the NT connie and there was a market for tools, but on blight there are usually less than 20 items on any connie I've seen...

Thread Information