Thread: Popular Classes and Races

Default Popular Classes and Races

We all know that the bulk of the population is dragons, but I'm wondering what are the lesser played biped schools and races?
    Twitchvash
    Lvl 15 Druid, Lvl 17 Spirtist, Lvl 11 Blacksmith, LVl 11 Outfitter, lvl 10 spellcrafter, lvl 13 scholar

Default Re: Popular Classes and Races

Lesser played?
    Maybe a Satyr Crossbowman or Spearman.

Honestly I've seen very few archers period since I've come back. Elar or Crossbow being the rarest. I've seen a whopping 4 Rangers on at once....

Since launch, I think I've known a total of two people who played spearmen, and neither is around anymore.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

there use to be a lot of spearmen, it was considered the best tank class upon release way back when
    Twitchvash
    Lvl 15 Druid, Lvl 17 Spirtist, Lvl 11 Blacksmith, LVl 11 Outfitter, lvl 10 spellcrafter, lvl 13 scholar

Quote Originally Posted by Andor View Post
    there use to be a lot of spearmen, it was considered the best tank class upon release way back when
    It's still a decent single classed school. It really doesn't add anything significant to a multiclassed build though.

I'd also like to disagree with the statement that the bulk of the population are dragons. I do player searches on occassion just to see how many are on of each school (and granted this ignores anonymous people), but there are always more bipeds than dragons, often by a good number.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

at least on blight, it all depends on time....
    for instance - alt b (dragon) was on mining, then 5 minutes later alt l (biped) is on making stuff.

so some days and times more draggys, some days and times more peds....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

well thats a bit midleading though, when I say the bulk of the population, I am refering to the fact that it is above and beyond the most popular race in the game. Even if Bipeds made up 60% of the population at any given time, that still leaves a majority in terms of sheer numbers to dragons
    Twitchvash

must admit I rarely see a fellow gnome
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    must admit I rarely see a fellow gnome
    *burps* That might be my fault.

Can't say I've seen any spearmen around of any race and the only ELAR I can think of is me, lol. There must be more but it does seem to be a rare choice.

I know of two Chaos Shard players who are Level 100 ELARs & 1 of them has Level 100s in the other 2 Bow schools as well. They're leveling other adventure schools.
    Not seen Spearmen around. Knew of one but she'd quit 2 years ago. I've not seen Wizards, Sorcerers and Disciples in game this year.
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

There are alot of Saris around, but I really don't see alot of dryads around, just one that sits in bristugo.
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

That's funny, most of the actively played characters in our guild are either dragons or saris, with just about every other race represented other than satyrs and half-giants.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

ELAR's on the list of things to do when I get to it. If I like it better than ranger, I'll switch to that as my main class.

Many of the older characters have alot of hidden schools in them. I have tried Spearman and it is one of the best schools for block and is a great add for those who use shield. There are many multiclassed characters out there that may have this school and never felt like ridding it from their build, ask yourself why

As for rare classes and races, the ones that are not seen as MAIN classes are: spearman, crossbowman, guardian, bloodmage, some disciples (spirit disciple is the most popular though). There are some out there that may be leveling these classes and then will immediately go back to the main class they may want to play in. I may be a main guardian, but that is because i want to be different but the main reason is cause some classes don't have good mixes with the other classes that can be rather useful when hunting.

As for races: i have noticed that Satyr and Dwarves are rather under low population.

*jumps up and down, boots clomping* Hey, I'm a Dwarf! I'm a Dwarf!!

And a Chaos Warrior ta boot! Ya don't see many of us out and about, either, do ya lad! Prouuuuuud of it, too!
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Thread Information