Thread: Todays Maint

Default Todays Maint

The current news said that maint would be done around 12pm PST. I came back and it wasn't (fact, not complaint). But there sure were a lot of folks in the forums. So I looked to see who was browsing the forums.

5 Registered Users.
    14 Yahoo Slurp Spiders.
    3 MSNBot Spiders.
    1 Goggle Spider.
    And a couple of others.

There really isn't a point to all this. I'm just pretty darn bored.

Default Re: Todays Maint

What's a spider and how do you find them?

One of those hairy, bitey thingies. Try looking under the couch.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I got plenty of wood spiders at my house. Oh wait, here! *drops 100 wood spiders* Now, they don't bite, but they do have a tendency to jump at ya. Dad had one down in the basement that was the size of my hand, named him charlie. Made me promise I wouldnt kill him when I lived down there. Sure as heck, Charlie came to a horrid demise from my hands!

(Wheee derail of randomness! ^_^)

Here's a pic of the clock spider that lived in my laundry room all summer. He's a bit bigger than the doorknob. Much as I don't like spiders, I hate the mukade more and that is what he eats.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    (Wheee derail of randomness! ^_^)

Here's a pic of the clock spider that lived in my laundry room all summer. He's a bit bigger than the doorknob. Much as I don't like spiders, I hate the mukade more and that is what he eats.
    Great spider (in more than 1 way )!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I don't like spiders, but I dislike many types of insect a lot more. So if a spider is of the non-biting variety then I leave them alone, or at worst, toss them outside.

*nodsnods* I had a mukade crawls on my toe in the shower once... I howled, jumped three feet in the air and promptly looked for something to kill it with.

After hearing some of the horror stories my friends tell me what it's like to be bitten by one of those creatures, I am in no hurry whatsoever to find out first hand.
    (My broom handle is now known as the +5 broom of mukade slaying.)

I shooed the first spider out of the house though. Something that big and I wasn't sure what it was or if it was poisionous. A google search told me I should have left it in the house as they eat cockaroaches and mukade. They're also quite docile and thier defence tactic is to "play dead" so really I could have just picked it up and taken it outside...I feel bad about getting rid of the first one. It could have eaten the evil thing that crawled out of my shower drain.

They're also quite docile and thier defence tactic is to "play dead" so really I could have just picked it up and taken it outside...I feel bad about getting rid of the first one. It could have eaten the evil thing that crawled out of my shower drain.
    My mom might have had an encounter with one of those. She said it wasn't a Taranchula (they lived right beside a Taranchula migration route), but it was bigger than a large mouse. She said she chased it around with a broom whacking at it, then it stopped dead, flipped upside down, and laid their with its legs in the air hehehehe. I was amused.

*looks up what a mukade is*

You mean one of these guys crawled up out of your shower drain to say hello? Sheesh, I'm glad the worst thing I have to worry about is silver fish...
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

*looks them up also* Egads! I'd have jumped thru the roof if one of those came to visit...I've been trying to coax the local lizards to come in and help eat any roaches that are left around here... seems to work somewhat.

They're also quite docile and thier defence tactic is to "play dead" so really I could have just picked it up and taken it outside...I feel bad about getting rid of the first one. It could have eaten the evil thing that crawled out of my shower drain.
    *shivers* i would have jumped out of the shower.

Looks at a wide arrangement of weapons Knife no i would miss what to use to kill big bugs mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ah i know grabs a bb gun Lodes in a bag of bbs Get back you 8 legged freaks ! the spider is now dead and so is the tub .

Ok now that i got that out of my system, i hate spiders almost as much as i hate snakes. I do Unspeakable things to them when i see them . got bit by a wolf spider once, and man his grandkids felt the hit i gave him, he went throw the wall after he bit me there was not much left of him when i was done .

when i was young i did this to the black widow misted its web with gasoline made a trail and lit the spider up and banished him to hell !}:>

if i dont see u your fine as long as you dont bite me if i see you your dead
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Spiders are no problem for me...I just scream until hubby rescues me

I have occasionally found squished spiders in the kitchen or the hall and, depsite both cats claiming innocence, I suspect one of them...I love my cats, hehe.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee that's why i always keep 3 cats around.....
    at least one of them is always ready to play with the self-motivating toys that appear unexpectedly.....

all it takes is a cry of "lookit the bug!! see the bug?" and here they come to investigate......

cheap source of protein, too.....saves on cat food.

works for birds too - they are indoor cats, but great birdwatchers nevertheless....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

WD40 + match = problem solved
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information