Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta 135

Default Delta 135

Quests for confectioners to obtain T1-T6 garnish processing forms have been added to Fillet, Julie, and Estelwen. Each garnish has a unique quest and you must have a sample of a harvested garnish in inventory to obtain the quest for that garnish. At this time, the assets for truffles and buttercap are not ready for use. As a temporary measure, the processed forms of these resources may be purchased from Fillet. Unfortunately, this does mean that players will not be able to get the quests for these garnishes until these assets can be completed and spawns added to the world. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

It's been a long time coming, but at long last all the winning recipes from the 2006 "Calling All Cooks" competition have been added to the game. These recipes (plus a small selection of non-winning entries!) are available through various "Rare Food" quests and through the T1-T6 garnish quests. We hope everyone has fun collecting all the recipes, and congratulations once more to all the winners!

Release Notes

* ADD: Pitted Dates can now be prepared using the Confectioner Prepared Fruits formula
    * ADD: Added a destination pad to South Gate.
    * ADD: Chives as a purchased resource.
    * ADD: Chopped Chives to the Confectioner Herbs and Spices formula.
    * ADD: Journeyman Basic Sides and Advanced Sides to Fillet.
    * ADD: Trout now spawn in the waters near the Aughundell Crater.
    * ADD: Ambient sounds to waters around the Aughundell Crater.
    * ADD: Blighted Sapphire has been added to Istaria.
    * ADD: Journeyman Basic Main Dishes and Advanced Main Dishes to Fillet.
    * ADD: Journeyman Basic Desserts and Advanced Desserts to Fillet.
    * ADD: Expert Basic Appetizers and Advanced Appetizers to Fillet.
    * ADD: Expert Basic Sides and Advanced Sides to Fillet.
    * ADD: Master Blighted Cut Gem Cleansing formula added to Frig Tallowgar at the Imperial Outpost near Old Oaks.
    * ADD: Master Blighted Cut Gem formula added to Frig Tallowgar at the Imperial Outpost near Old Oaks.
    * ADD: Blighted Ruby has been added to Istaria.
    * ADD: Training Cooking Knife created and will be given out by Confectioner Trainers.
    * ADD: Expert Basic Desserts and Advanced Desserts to Fillet.
    * ADD: Expert Basic Main Dishes and Advanced Main Dishes to Fillet.
    * ADD: Added Cleaned Truffles and Cleaned Buttercap Fungus as purchased resources to Fillet.
    * ADD: Ingenuity abilities to Warrior, Cleric, Mage and Scout schools. This will allow players to gather resources requiring ingenuity.
    * ADD: Master Basic Appetizers and Advanced Appetizers to Fillet.
    * ADD: Master Basic Sides and Advanced Sides to Fillet.
    * ADD: Master Basic Main Dishes and Advanced Main Dishes to Fillet.
    * ADD: Master Basic Desserts and Advanced Desserts to Fillet.
    * CHANGE: Barmos the Empty has become an Elf with regular clothing and actual dialog. He will now greet dragons who have completed the Rite of Passage differently than hatchlings and non-dragons. He also will attune players to the new destination pad in South Gate.
    * CHANGE: Changes to AI parameters of Tier 6 Grunts (Ghosts, Skeletons, Zombies and Mummies over level 100). They are now more social, have a larger aggro radius and will call for help (and heals). However, the aggro radius is now hard (it will not scale with level) and the aggro generated by healing has been tweaked (reduced some).
    * CHANGE: The quest 'Feed the Famished Miner' has been updated. It now has a minimum level of 30 and the reward has been improved.
    * CHANGE: The quest 'Priscilla the Shoulder Parrot' now requires 40 spools of flax instead of 120 and the reward has been improved.
    * CHANGE: Medallion of the Disciplines is now attuned, gives a +150 bonus to Flame, Ice, Storm and Spirit Resistance, +100 to unarmed skill, and +25 to strength. However, it can only be worn by active monks or disciples.
    * CHANGE: Hasera's level as a monk is now commensurate with her status as the only monk trainer.
    * CHANGE: In the Quest "Monk: Learn the Disciplines", Hasera will now give you the Pure Shard and send you to Kelamina the Blacksmith to complete the Medallion.
    * CHANGE: Fillet now speaks with the proper Sslik dialect.
    * CHANGE: Dragon Ingenuity now allows Dragons to gather using ingenuity.
    * CHANGE: Dragons can now gather fish using Dragon Ingenuity. Seafood bonuses are not available when fish is gathered this way.
    * FIX: Checked the Preparing skill on Gatherer as a primary skill (allowing it to get XP)
    * FIX: Master Cooking Knife formula now requires 1100 Metalworking to scribe.
    * FIX: Rubbed Cilantro now requires Cilantro (not Rubbed Cilantro).
    * FIX: Ground Cumin now requires Cumin Seeds.
    * FIX: Cooking Knife, Baking Spatula, and Mixing Spoon now all require Preparing skill. This will allow both Confectioners and Gatherers to equip the tools.
    * FIX: White Grapes are now harvestable at Tier 1.
    * FIX: Harvesting bitterroot will now give you bitterroot instead of stoneroot.
    * FIX: Training Baking Spatula and Training Mixing Spoon both now cap Preparing skill.
    * FIX: Training Wooden Bucket limits Foraging, Preparing, Cooking and Quarrying skill.
    * FIX: Tolkos Helmsplitter is now wearing clothing.
    * FIX: Removed Truffles and Buttercap from the Confectioner Prepared Mushrooms form and created individual forms for each.
    * FIX: Blackberries are now gathered with a bucket.
    * FIX: Blackberries now have a chance for additional bonus blackberries.
    * FIX: Helian and Lunus Smelters now have sounds associated with them.
    * FIX: Scaleforge's flame and sound will work properly now.

Default Re: Delta 135

Since the new medallion is the an updated new one, might I suggest removing the "Meet the Disciples" quest from all existing characters, so that those who need to can get the medallion again? After seeing its stats, it is something I'd really consider using as an L100 disciple, and would hate to miss out on it just because I deleted that old +1 DPS thingy years ago.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Can't say I'm very happy to have blighted sapphire and ruby nodes >.> how will we get the uncut gems we need for our tricuts ? Still bonus-only ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Can't say I'm very happy to have blighted sapphire and ruby nodes >.> how will we get the uncut gems we need for our tricuts ? Still bonus-only ?
    Eeesh x.x I hope that's not the only way. Seems a useless addition otherwise.

1. Master meal forms cost the same as the expert forms.

2. Will a preparation tech be added?

2a. What about prep on cogs?

3. Will clay products continue to be used in the festival foods?

4. In Journeyman Advanced Desserts, for lemon cookies, lemon zest has a min skill of 70, while the other ingredients have a min skill of 700.
    Last edited by Kala; March 11th, 2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Numbers 3&4

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Its nice to see the pad in South Gate, but a portal would be really useful

~< Gengel >~

5. On Journeyman Advanced Sides, baked corn casserole should have min/opt skill of 700/900 and potato salad should be 500/650, based on number of ingredients.

6. On Expert Advanced Desserts, chocolate cheesecake either needs another ingredient or it needs to be T4, based on number of ingredients.

7. There are several recipes with one ingredient that has the same min/max skill. I'm assuming it's intentional, but I'm mentioning it just in case it isn't. I can provide a list, if needed.
    Last edited by Kala; March 11th, 2008 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Numbers 6 & 7

8. Nitpicky thing. All the other marinated meats are spelled marinated blah. Mutton is spelled marinaded mutton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    <snip>
    2. Will a preparation tech be added?<snip>
    Along the same vein, an Ingenuity tech? Cog/Weapon/Armor Crystal? The skill looks to be suddenly REALLY useful, would be nice to get a tech.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

9. Master Basic Desserts: Chocolate Mousse needs more ingredients or to be reclassified as T5, based on number of ingredients.

10. Based on the other tiers, the master basic (basic master?) foods need to have their DP reduction decreased or the master advanced foods need to have the reduction increased.

11. More nitpicks. The training mixing spoon limits cooking twice and the training wooden bucket limits foraging twice.

12. The training clay scoop does not have a foraging requirement, nor does it limit foraging.

13. The training wooden bucket limits (null) to 175. It also limits...transmutation to 50? What trans recipes need a bucket? (Asked seriously. I honestly don't remember seeing one, but I'm also about to fall over.)
    Last edited by Kala; March 11th, 2008 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Numbers 11, 12, & 13

The T1 Sage garnish and T5 Stoneroot quests have a bad link in the dialogue. These can be circumvented by re-greeting the confectioner trainer, however, and don't keep you from completing the quests.

The T2 Licorice quest is completeable and gives two bonus forms, but does not give the Licorice garnish form.

Ginger, Ginseng, Fennel, and Mint complete correctly. The bonus forms for the mint quest have no mint in them..kind of odd.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    * ADD: Master Blighted Cut Gem Cleansing formula added to Frig Tallowgar at the Imperial Outpost near Old Oaks.
    * ADD: Master Blighted Cut Gem formula added to Frig Tallowgar at the Imperial Outpost near Old Oaks.
    make em and cleanse them - still better than bonus only

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    Never used that kind of formula... do they produce uncut gems or cut gems ?

Edit : from what I see here, the expert formula produces cut gems and not raw gems, so the master ones are pretty useless for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    Never used that kind of formula... do they produce uncut gems or cut gems ?

Edit : from what I see here, the expert formula produces cut gems and not raw gems, so the master ones are pretty useless for now...
    Exactly. Currently the only way to cleanse the gems is to have them cut into a processed resource first, so it doesn't do dragons any good to have blighted gems. If there was a way to make blighted tri-cuts and then purify those, that'd be great. But from what I gather, the diamond already added isn't blighted, so I don't know how that would work. -Shrug- Wait n' see I guess.

The blighted gems is a known issue. Still testing and considering solutions to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The blighted gems is a known issue. Still testing and considering solutions to the problem.
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    The T1 Sage garnish and T5 Stoneroot quests have a bad link in the dialogue. These can be circumvented by re-greeting the confectioner trainer, however, and don't keep you from completing the quests.

The T2 Licorice quest is completeable and gives two bonus forms, but does not give the Licorice garnish form.
    Noted, thank you very much!

If you find any other broken links, would you mind noting the NPC's name and the last few words of their dialog? Knowing exactly where to look is a huge timesaver, and it keeps me from fixing something that isn't broken.

Edit: These issues have been fixed, and I verified that the Snap Dragon form does correctly require rubbed mint.
    Last edited by LaughingOtter; March 12th, 2008 at 02:00 AM.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Something was done to the scaleForge..?

a Fix ??

Im lost..

* FIX: Helian and Lunus Smelters now have sounds associated with them.
    * FIX: Scaleforge's flame and sound will work properly now.
    it seems :O they look great !

Thread Information