Thread: Map Pack 3.25e(nhanced)

Default Map Pack 3.25e(nhanced)

The Map Pack 3.25e(nhanced)

I did not ask for permission, I simply did it for fun. I made some little updates and changes mainly for my personal usage and thought maybe some others wanted to have this, too. That was the beginning for me and my work on this packet.

The main work had been done by Pekka and Cobal, the updated installation instructions by Tramsan. I always enjoyed using this mappack - thanks for that. Since I've been working on this now for some weeks I can imagine how much work it has been editing such a high amount of markers, those maps and icons.

This project has grown, and it's fun for me editing this and that and getting in touch with some people. I really enjoyed the help I got since the last version, without it this release wouldn't be what it became - thanks to all of you.

A lot of things has been updated in this release - and there is a lot more to do. I lack in sparetime and I miss my old unity character - it's not that easy to reach some places with a level 37 druid, though it may take some time before I can update the higher level regions, but progress goes on...

I decided to do a little version jump from 3.23 to 3.25 because there where some more changes then in the previous versions where included. Some things got fixed and thanks to Kala there are a lot new confectioner resource icons, they are that nice that I decided to start reworking the other icons, I already changed the most ugly of them and some of the others will get reworked as my time allows.

I didn't recognise that and in my memories this always had been called Pekka's Map Pack. But Cobal changed the name of the map pack as he took it over and because of this fact it will be named as he intended: The Map Pack. Enjoy!

Installation:

For the .zip Version: Simply copy the resources_override folder into your Horizons folder and say "yes" if you get asked to overwrite, keep in mind that it's always a good idea to make a backup of your old folder before you change it.

For the .exe version: double click the icon to start installation and follow the on screen instructions.

Both versions:
    Edit with NotePad the value "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in the folder horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

I have tested the mappack on win2k and winxp, you should check the folder names: "resources", "interface" and "maps" and change them if necessary to lowercase letters, I got bugged view of the mappack on a win2k system when uppercase letters where used, on winxp it worked for me without problems, it may not do for you, Horizons seems to be somewhat sensitive on this. I don't take any responsibility if your Horizons, Computer, Toaster or something else gets disfunctional.

Only highres maps up to now, if it's recommended I can edit the lowres version of the Mappack, too. Up to now no one seems to want it.

Thanks to all contributors (since V3.21E, sorry but I don't know the ones that
    helped before) and their permission to use their material:
    • Dorrin (a Version of the Riftmap, I decided to use the one from Steelclaw, thanks anyway)
    • Eisdrache / Finiaroth (for hosting the mappack)
    • Firebrand Crest (for suggestions to New Trismus and the missing Spirit Isle Map and for help on the installer version)
    • Kala (for all those nice confectioner resource icons)
    • Mimir (for the Rift mapmarkers)
    • Oakleif (for your suggestions and lots of markers)
    • Steelclaw (for the map of the Rift and hosting the mappack)

Pekka and Cobal and all helpers for all the work they did before V3.21, thanks for your effort!

Changes:

Updates v3.25E
    • confectioner resource icons (thanks Kala for those really great icons!)
    • Rift map added (thanks to Dorrin for your version of The Rift map, I took the version provided by Steelclaw, thanks to all of you!)
    • Player of dragons should be smart enough not look at the map the first time you do the quest!
    • a lot of double entries in the city-plotname file deleted
    • missing Spirit Isle added (thanks to Firebrand for information)
    • unnecessary files deleted, the compressed version is about 1 MB smaller than the previous one
    • higher detailed map for New Trismus is now used (thanks to Firebrand for suggestion)
    • some icons added, fixed, enhanced and replaced (new / reworked: T6 stone, deer.. enhanced: tower, eye, sugar, sand, potato, landing pad..)
    • some more of the colored original colored markers used now, and some of those that never had been used have gone

Marker updates done on:
    • Werewolf Island, Balit's Island and some on Trandalar (thanks Oakleif for the markers!)
    • Rift map (thanks Mimir for the markers!)
    • all missing landing pads that could be reached from Bristugo added (quiet a lot where missing)
    • some missing portals added
    • some resource spots and mines added like the mithril mines near Augh and some other additions all around Istaria
    • Genevia updated
    • Scorpion Island updated
    • some names added to islands and other places
    • Spirit Isle markered
    • Skalkaar markered

Updates v3.23E:
    • Big thanks to Oakleif for his markers (f. e. showing way to Draak, some resource spots added, dragon quest related stuff and machines ...)

Marker updates done on:
    • Tazoon detail map fixed and updated
    • Aughundell detail map fixed and updated
    • New Trismus should be up to date now
    • some small fixes on Dalimond, Kion and other town maps
    • Istaria map some updates here and there

Updates V3.22E:
    • buttons of detail maps (towns, islands...) now all sortet in the same manner
    • detail maps now show blue npc dot if you stand nearby and the map has no marker at that place, just like the Istaria map does

Marker updates done on:
    • Chiconis
    • Kirasanct
    • Dralk
    • New Trisumus
    • Kion
    • Dalimond Outlands
    • Lesser Aradoth
    • Istaria map some fixes (f. e.: dragon icons now used for NPCs in Dralk and Chiconis...)

Updates v3.21E:
    • The city and player city names joined into one switch, Plots & lairs on the free one, that way you can switch plots and lairs on and off. Having them off enhances the speed of opening the map quiet a lot.
    • colored houses symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    • colored portal symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    • colored cow symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    • colored chicken symbol now used instead of the grayscaled one
    • Mahagra updated
    • Sslanis updated
    • some updates on Lesser Aradoth (e. g. Parsinia)
    • Genevia: Pajstini updated
    • some updates on New Trismus
    • some small fixes here and there, and surly some new quirks added

Download (free of ads)
    Installerversion
    Zipversion

Terao - 2007/03/12
    Last edited by Terao; March 12th, 2008 at 07:41 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Map Pack 3.25e(nhanced)

just forgot:

Contact
    For suggestions, markers...
    [email protected]

And sorry for my strange english, isn't that easy as for a german
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Alternate download from Bristugo.com, thanks Steelclaw

Installerversion
    Zipversion

Default Re: Map Pack 3.25e(enhanced)

I really hate to do this but......

The rift map HAS to be 1000 x 500 for the coordinates to work, the one installed with this pack is only 500 x 250. That is the reason I used Dorrins map as it was to scale +/- 1 or 2 pixels.

for me everything seems to be okay, NPCs are on their correct places. Maybe you can send me a screenshot? Otherwise i scale the map up.

Default Re: Map Pack 3.25e(enhanced)

The rift map HAS to be 1000 x 500 for the coordinates to work
    Are you using the wrong map.def or installing on top of an old one?

Check this line:
    float MetersToPixels = 4.0
    That's used to convert world coordinates to pixel coordinates so the markers (in world coords) show up in the right place on the map (pixel coords).

The area covered by the map is 2000m x 1000m. If your terrain image is 500px x 250px, you need a MetersToPixels of 4.0 (1000m / 250px = 4m/px). The 1000 x 500 terrain image uses a MetersToPixels of 2.0 (1000m / 500px = 2m/px). If you swap the image without changing the value, you'll wind up with map markers properly aligned for a different size image.

The fix is easy: change the MetersToPixels to whatever value is appropriate for the terrain image you're using.

Otherwise i scale the map up.
    Don't do that -- it will waste memory and impact performance on mid/low-end machines.

That is what I've done Steelclaw, and for me everything is all right, I did the same when I exchanged the maps for New Trismus and it's working too.

That's why I'd like a screenshot to get a idea what may be wrong.

I've just installed this (from the .exe version) and the only thing I get in game is a completely black screen. No drop down menus, no icons, and definitely no map..

anyone else get this?
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Check your clientprefs_common.def file - it's most likely pointing to an incorrect map directory. (The black map is what happens when the game can't find any actual maps.)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

discovered the problem - the word "string" was missing from my .def file (this was a change from the previous version, wasn't it?). Works fine now!

Nope, string is part of the def file format and has been there since launch.

ok now the map itself is working, how come i have NO resource icons.. and as always seemed to happen with the map pack, only ONE column of icons I can switch on/off (which does NOT include resource markers). The markers are black & white only, and a very small range..

occasionally the original map packs would reinstall ok, and I could get the two columns of icons, enabling me to switch the options on or off. Every time there was a patch though, I'd need to reinstall it as the second row of columns would vanish and the resource markers would disappear. Just like now. But two reinstalls have not fixed this one..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Arietna; March 28th, 2008 at 03:51 PM.

ok it was a MEGA blonde moment.. despite being brunette. blame it on a heavy cold and a muzzy head.

My problem? I'd installed the map pack on my OTHER computer... DOH..

does this still work ok? i tried to install today its fine on the city maps but on the bigger world view it sort of goes patchwork like its two sets of maps combining, have followed all the instructions changed the client pref line, am i just being a bit duh??

thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by grishtarr View Post
    does this still work ok? i tried to install today its fine on the city maps but on the bigger world view it sort of goes patchwork like its two sets of maps combining, have followed all the instructions changed the client pref line, am i just being a bit duh??

thanks in advance!
    Check the path again, the patchwork/checkers board map indicates it not correct.

The path is sometimes reset to the default value.

If it still don't work post the line here so we can check if its correct use copy and paste.

If you get the chess board look of the map then please have a look at this file, open it with the windows editor:

horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def:

the line in the bottom of the file:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

This gets reset to default after a full scan or patches and maybe sometimes after a client crash.

Yep! it had resest and when i re did the line the last bracket was one space down leaving an empty line - duh! now its working fantasticly well, will help my exploration muchly thanks!!

great that you continue the great work of the scouts!!

hope to see your mappack soon ingame ^^

Thread Information