Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Client 382.1.0 discussion

Default Client 382.1.0 discussion

Since there is no official thread yet, I'm taking the liberty of starting it.

http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=260

Client 382.1.0 was released to Blight on 03.17.2008 and includes the following fixes:

* Cargo disks will no longer appear to haunt other players that ground them out of your sight.
    * Item inscriptions can now be seen on the item info tooltips both in your inventory and linked in chat.
    * Collapsed friend groups with online friends in them will no longer disappear when the people window is set to display Online Only.

* Music will no longer repeatedly fade in and out when an emitter is loaded but you are outside the radius.
    * You may again cycle between nearby friends and foes. Use the commands /cycleNearest and /cycleNearestEnemy (abbreviated /cn /cne)
    * Level the player's flytilt when re-centering the camera behind the player.
    * Dragon Equipment windows should no longer load as biped windows when the loading screen is off. [worksforme but not perfect yet?]
    * Dragons have the option of flying when they're falling off an object or cliff. Hatchlings can practice by gliding.
    * Multiple instances of Horizons may be run side by side. [lots and lots of RAM recommended]
    * Custom themes may be selected from the Video Tab in the Options window.
    * Players with 15 letter names will no longer have the last letter cut off in chat.
    * Signs will now show actual text with very low graphic settings.
    * The sunbeams that fall through the branches of large trees on western Aradoth will no longer cause blindness when seen through fog.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Default Re: Client 382.1.0 discussion

One issue I noticed right away:

resources\definitions\entity_attach\machines\attac h_scalemaker_icon01_soundicon.def
    has an errant closing bracket, line 46. Dunno if that'll foul anything up, but might just as well report it, right?

"Multiple instances of Horizons may be run side by side. [lots and lots of RAM recommended]" ... truly masachistic. I think the Universe would collapse on itself.

Then again there are some monstrous pc's out there... just been trying hatchy flight.. it's fun!

Rakku

Yeah, the closing bracket did make the sound quit working on it. Typos typos typos...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Yeah, the closing bracket did make the sound quit working on it. Typos typos typos...
    Removed the offending extra closing bracket.

Rakku

Actually, Spirit, you old boot, I'm running two instances right now - one on blight and one on chaos. It works ok. I wouldn't try hunting or doing construction runs or anything, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    * Music will no longer repeatedly fade in and out when an emitter is loaded but you are outside the radius.
    Well I have no more problems of music disapearing when in a lava area.

* Dragons have the option of flying when they're falling off an object or cliff. Hatchlings can practice by gliding.
    Works perfectly for me, not so well for my friends. Hatchies can also flap their wings when pressing the jump key you don't glide any further but it is very cute.
    * Multiple instances of Horizons may be run side by side. [lots and lots of RAM recommended]
    Works pretty fine on my 3Gigs Ram machine, tho the lag is annoying (I have 6 fps in town)
    * Custom themes may be selected from the Video Tab in the Options window.
    Awsome

* Players with 15 letter names will no longer have the last letter cut off in chat.
    I know a dragon that'll be happy

[/quote]

I used to have the chatmod installed in Resources_override/resources, so it wasn't deleted after patching. tho, with the new client it doesn't work anymore. Any idea how to fix this please ?

Also, I still don't drown, and it tends to crash with no error messages after a port.

With the new themes support, some of the interface overrides seems to have stopped working. Here's how you fix it:

1. Go into horizons\resources\interface\themes, and make a duplicate of the default directory, renaming it something appropriate. (Such as "charname_chatmod")

2. Go into horizons\resources_override\resources\interface\th emes\default, and copy everything from there into the directory you created at step one. Overwrite everything. (Depending on what mod(s) you are using, there might not be a resources directory here, if so just go directly into interface.)

3. Relog HZ, if you're playing, then select your new theme in the video settings window, and you should be good to go.

With the new themes support, some of the interface overrides seems to have stopped working. Here's how you fix it:

1. Go into horizons\resources\interface\themes, and make a duplicate of the default directory, renaming it something appropriate. (Such as "charname_chatmod")

2. Go into horizons\resources_override\resources\interface\th emes\default, and copy everything from there into the directory you created at step one. Overwrite everything. (Depending on what mod(s) you are using, there might not be a resources directory here, if so just go directly into interface.)

3. Relog HZ, if you're playing, then select your new theme in the video settings window, and you should be good to go.
    Thank you much ! gonna try that

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Works perfectly for me, not so well for my friends. Hatchies can also flap their wings when pressing the jump key you don't glide any further but it is very cute.
    Oh yeah I forgot that little bit! I noticed that you can also use the run/walk toggle and fly faster/slower as a result. If you flap you seem to slow down, and your gliding angle suffers. As you say though... cute animation.

As for running two instances... well I only have one account anyway lol. Might get away with it on 2gb ram... I used to run it on 1gb anyway.

Rakku

I've got 1GB, and you can have as many logins as you wish on blight.

As for the inscriptions, this is really great, but adding some header first like "Inscription:", to further separate it from item description, would probably be helpful.

/cn and /cne doesn't seem to work properly. They both stick to a seemingly random entity, and when you move the order seems to reset. Could it be a non-wrapping list, something like that?

I can drown now, but this client now has the same missing/disappearing water problem that the Live 381 client has. The last 328 build always rendered the water for me, but I couldn't drown.

Drev

Actually, Spirit, you old boot ...
    Do I look like a boot? Great that means I can kick your scaly sslik... err... Rear... with it! ... could probably turn you into a pair of 'crocodile' shoes too.

*places thread back on its rails*

Rakku

Slight clarification needed here...
    1) You only need to put changed files in the theme dir. No need to copy everything from the default theme dir.

2) I probably broke the resources_override dir usage for files that exist in the themes/default dir, since I'm using the same override mechanism that resources_override uses ... (re-order the files so they get found first in the resource manager) adding another re-order to prioritize the resources_override dir after the theme dir should fix it. I'll know tonight after work, which I have to go to now. Laterbye.

I constantly get the same bug with the blight client, since it's first release on Blight : very often after a porting, only the shadow loads, while nothing else does. Everything loads as soon as I click the excit button... pretty useless fix :/

You can use the "cancel action" action to cancel the logout action, Zexoin.

Hatchy Wing Exercises

On Dragon Tower Test, Finally a Falling dragon can catch emSelf.

Wet Scales in South March. Thunder, Lightning, Rainy weather.

I noticed the same thing that Zexion experienced... my Elven UI graphic mod disappeared when I went to blight and loaded the new client. I have the boring blue button in the corner again, and no green backgrounds.

I tried the 'emerald' theme but it did not impress me

Rain in South March is neat, the thunder and lightning effects are great, however, the rain ignores structures so no matter where you go, you will be wet, even inside buildings.

Need to roll up a hatchie to go hatchie hang-gliding.

will try dual logging sometime this week to see what it does to my dual core, 3gb system with a crossfire setup.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I just discovered the multiple instances of the client on one computer

http://www.bristugo.com/node/756?size=_original

yay
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information