Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Client 382.1.0 discussion

Default Re: Client 382.1.0 discussion

When using the Blight client, I get an instant crash (as in, no error messages on screen or in the debug logs, straight to desktop) when recalling. This appears to be random and seems to be more likely to happen when recalling out of areas that have lowered frame-rate. It also happens on both Blight and live.

So... after a bit of testing, I believe I have a way to reproduce this crash. Please test this procedure 2-5 times and confirm or deny whether or not you crash each time. I did this twice and got a crash each time.

1) Port to Bristugo.
    2) Walk/fly to Dalimond.
    3) Port to New Trismus.
    4) Go to the shrine.
    5) /recall

Make sure you wait for the world objects and npcs to finish loading at each step. I crashed in the same manner with the loading screen on and off.

Tried your steps - but didn't crash .. this time.

Client seems unstable when recalling and porting though.

Ok I now have been experiencing the porting crash on the new client:

Logged in to check out the new Destination pad (logged in at Tishlar)

Went through portal to Sanctuary Bay. Walked around a bit there.

Recalled to my bind-point (Bristugo alter)

Started running up the road to the portals and before I could reach aiden the comp vendor..... the sound does that familiar skip skip skip studder studder

Crash to Desktop.

the /recall seems to be doing it from Steelclaw's example. It could be Bristugo... don't know.

less than 5 minutes it took to experience that, so no memory leak build up or whatnot.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I've had the crash in multiple locations when porting

Bristugo
    Kion
    Abandoned Isle
    Mahagra
    etc

I've also had a couple of lockups when not porting now. I just had one at the cobalt golem field on Blight.

Also had a lockup a few days ago at the Elite Blights in the ED.

Personally for me I don't think its tied to a specific location and it does appear intermittent. Sometimes I can port no problems to a location. Then after a few ports I get a crash. But then sometimes the 1st port upon logging in can cause a crash. I can't see a pattern to it at the moment
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

it seems correlated with large ammounts of lag

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Just an FYI, I submitted a ticket last night on the multiple login system.

I'm not sure if it was just my comp or if it's reproduceable, but when in one window and hit the autorun, both characters went to autorun. I'm going to test a workaround of having the autorun on the second login being a different keystroke (I currently have both set as the NumLock).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I get that sometimes. Swapping focus between the two clients and/or another window should fix that.

Be advised that multiple logins probably isn't really supported -- it's there, but weird stuff thats a result of logging in multiple times isn't a high priority item to be fixed.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

So far, the swapping of keystrokes has stopped the problem (NumLock for C`gan, ScrollLock for Tagath).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I did the Bristugo to Dali to NT + recall at shrine and promptly crashed. That setup "works" for me. Sent in the full log set.

Another funny thing happened; somehow my entity type in the ClientPref_Character.def got changed from Human_f to Human_u. Human_u is an invalid type and the client threw a debug error and wouldn't let me log her in until I found and fixed it. I had never touched that file before, so no clue what would have caused it to change. My other characters were unaffected.

Drev

Happened to me again, but this time on my dragon on Blight. My ent type got set to Human_u.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Happened to me again, but this time on my dragon on Blight. My ent type got set to Human_u.

Drev
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17896

I submitted a ticket, but they could not duplicate the error. I wanted to create a new hatchie to go gliding. When I was done with the creation, I was presented with the same situation upon login.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information