Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question to the dev team about Unity transfer window.

Default Re: A question to the dev team about Unity transfer window.

Yes Vlisson. Why re-invent the wheel when they don't have to. How long did it take for them to get all the bugs (and legal issues) ironed out of this procedure, and it still takes manual tinkering with each character tranferred over to make sure everything works...
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Yes Vlisson. Why re-invent the wheel when they don't have to. How long did it take for them to get all the bugs (and legal issues) ironed out of this procedure, and it still takes manual tinkering with each character tranferred over to make sure everything works...
    ^^ maybe they will learn while they transfer the chars and maybe they are able to improve the procedure (online page, transfer program... to make things easier than to write an eMail ^^)

but you are right, why invest more time in this one-way-procedure ^^

Because they do not want to take the time to write a program for the transfer. Maybe you do not know but most if not all of the Vi people only work on Horizons part time. So they can not take time to right one use programs and other things that take away time from more important things like bug fixes and updates. Maybe once horizons grows some more and a few full time dev's can be hired smaller less important things in the over all scheme of things can be worked on.

Hey instead of making a new thread I figured I would ask my questions here.

First: What is the difference between a basic subscription for 1 month of 9.95$ or a gifted subscription for 1 month of 14.95$, that are needed to get our acount moved?

Second: in regards to the information required to get our chars transfered then I personally at least have a problem in regards to remembering my old username, since I haven't used it for several years, and my computer automaticly remembered it when I logged on. Now I do remember the rest of the required information, and I'm 90% certain that I do remember my username, but what if I don't?
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Quote Originally Posted by Uro View Post

First: What is the difference between a basic subscription for 1 month of 9.95$ or a gifted subscription for 1 month of 14.95$, that are needed to get our acount moved?

Second: in regards to the information required to get our chars transfered then I personally at least have a problem in regards to remembering my old username, since I haven't used it for several years, and my computer automaticly remembered it when I logged on. Now I do remember the rest of the required information, and I'm 90% certain that I do remember my username, but what if I don't?
    basic is 3 chars and no plot
    gifted is 7 chars and 1 lair/plot

second: you need the login name, use the old EU loginpage (it should work with your saved login datas) then you see your loginname (at the page where your chars have been visible)

Hey instead of making a new thread I figured I would ask my questions here.

The basic sub allows you to have 3 characters on the live shards, 1 login and no plot. The gifted sub allows you to have 7 characters, 1 login and 1 plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Because they do not want to take the time to write a program for the transfer. Maybe you do not know but most if not all of the Vi people only work on Horizons part time. So they can not take time to right one use programs and other things that take away time from more important things like bug fixes and updates. Maybe once horizons grows some more and a few full time dev's can be hired smaller less important things in the over all scheme of things can be worked on.
    wow

no, i have not known this!!

good that you mentioned this, this makes things much clearer now and let feel me a little bit guilty for my impatientness

i took a look some days ago at the http://www.virtrium.com/ page (maybe the icon on the loginpage should be linked with their page)

and i missed detailed infos about employees and so on

No need to. It's not a secret but not sure how common knowledge it is for the non-bottom feeders(those that scower the forums constantly) of the forums like myself. Horizons has become a labor of love for a few people so we just have to work with them and hope we can help it grow again. Now if I could just win the Lottery and Horizons would see a big inflow of cash.

Include as much information as you do remember. If you even have a vague idea of what the login name was, then include that with an "I think it might have been". However, if you don't know it, then just include as much information as you do remember. Email address, character names (perhaps add race to the character as well for a bit extra "verification"), include characters you don't want transfered if there are any but that were on the account. The more information you give, the better. But if you don't remember something, it won't call the whole process to a halt. You just might get a response back asking for more information for verification, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    second: you need the login name, use the old EU loginpage (it should work with your saved login datas) then you see your loginname (at the page where your chars have been visible)
    Ty for answering Vlis, the problem here is that I can't remember the adress for that either apparently :S. I thought it was http://www.europe.istaria.com/ but that one doesn't work.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Note you do not have to have the login name.

I don't know what the old EU login page might have been, unfortunately. And it might no longer work now if it wasn't a page supported by Virtrium. I will try to find out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Note you do not have to have the login name.

I don't know what the old EU login page might have been, unfortunately. And it might no longer work now if it wasn't a page supported by Virtrium. I will try to find out, though.
    i know for while at least the eu login was your email address mine was my email address for the whole time i had an eu account
    Anril Firestorm 83 Dragon/100 Dragon Craft/37 Lairshaping Anrill FireBlade Human "Jack of All Trades" (in Training)

Would be nice if there was a website put up where u could view your old account information, as I don't recall all.

No, the old EU login is gone. Dead and gone. The old url currently redirects to the NA login. You can tell by the fact that NA login is brown, while EU login was blue... Or maybe they had changed it to green before shutdown.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    No, the old EU login is gone. Dead and gone. The old url currently redirects to the NA login. You can tell by the fact that NA login is brown, while EU login was blue... Or maybe they had changed it to green before shutdown.
    I ment this in a way to dig up account information. It wont be that hard to read out a database and then display it on a website if u fillin the correct account details such as the old username(email) / password on the old site.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Just try this link: https://horizons.eu.istaria.com

You will be redirected but with your email adress and your pw you can log in to get your user name (you have to scroll down a bit before you get the Login fields).

I think that is the US login site. And I cant view my details there. But I will fill in a support ticket, to see what comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarot View Post
    Just try this link: https://horizons.eu.istaria.com

You will be redirected but with your email adress and your pw you can log in to get your user name (you have to scroll down a bit before you get the Login fields).
    this is the EU login page!

so log in with your EU login and password

then you see "inside" your account name!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    this is the EU login page!

so log in with your EU login and password

then you see "inside" your account name!
    no it's not. It redirects you to the US login page.

yes but you can login with your EU datas (or have i missed something?)

Thread Information