Thread: revive an abandoned village

Default revive an abandoned village

I dont know if it was suggested before, but an abandoned village in middle of maple fields ( Roughly 23741 / 23651 ) has been lifeless for a long time... how about an event that will revive the village or turn the area into buyable plots?
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Default Re: revive an abandoned village

The music there is nice, but we don't need "more" plots, we need "plot reclamation" and "smaller plots made into bigger plots"

yes, burned out villages could be used for something...
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

i kind of thought that area might make a nice resettlement area for the satyrs

That is an important cultural site for the sslik species. Pinkskin grabby fingers off!
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    That is an important cultural site for the sslik species. Pinkskin grabby fingers off!
    They should right there put a sslik npc what says that sentence

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Personally, I'd rather aid the sslik in rebuilding so they could use it for celebrations and such.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I'd rather have it taken over by undead of the appropriate tier. Or skulks. I like skulks.

My only consern about that area is how hard would it be for the lower lvl adventurers to get past the maple treants. You'd have to have an NPC guard set up in case someone accidently pulled a treant into the city.

I just have these bad visions of low lvl adventurer, high lvl crafter getting pommeled into the ground while trying to drag a disk full of building materials out there to work on a plot/world project. But that's just my take on it anyway.

Ummm, excuse me, Trieah, but for what it's worth, I'm a 31 warrior predominantly by accident and get there with no problem.

It's only when you stop and gawk at the maple treants that they tend to get fussy.

One shop should be "Sslik Skin Luggage Inc."
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

That would be a competitor to Gezsera Luggage Inc., and we just can't have that.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Ummm, excuse me, Trieah, but for what it's worth, I'm a 31 warrior predominantly by accident and get there with no problem.

It's only when you stop and gawk at the maple treants that they tend to get fussy.
    But wouldn't draging a disk full of building material to work on a plot slow you down enough to get their attention?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

not unless they are right on the road.....i can outfoot almost anything even when overburdened and dragging a disk.
    of course, they may be taking shots at you as you run, but it can be done.
    i recommend that if you sense something you don't want to tangle with, wait for it to move before proceeding.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

*sigh* this is turning into a rant
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sorry if i seemed to be ranting, crom, i promise i was not!
    i totally approve and would be willing to assist in the blight version of this! i got to the game too late to be in on any of the early good stuff, and am eager to make my name and leave my mark in some way!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I don't think it's a rant. We're just discussing the pros and cons. I'm just more safety conscience I guess. I never really got into the whole adventuring side of the game and most of my alts would get pommeled out there. So that's just where my thinking is. Doesn't mean I'm completely right or completely wrong.

First off, when I'm out that way, my cargo disk is in Harton Valley by the carpentry hall.

Second, who says I use the road? I've done quite well at being a mountain goat.

I agree there needs to be something done with this area, it would be the perfect place for npc's and more quests.

However "more plots", i cant express how stupid that would be. Like we need anymore there are prolly about 400 unsettled plots as is, they are just not worth buying or doing anything with right now cause they need redone BAD. But yeah me and my guild walks by that area a lot, i actually put up a vault in harton in hope that maybe we might get an event or something to help us build that area, that would be mucho fun.

I can remember many a time when I was out there being a pack mule for Shato and getting clobbered on all the time. I used to rack up quite a few DPs out there too. That's why I'm kind of leary over the whole thing.

Cromos, I like your idea. Hate to see a good area go to waste.

It sounds like a great opportunity for a biped community project, to my mind. I'll admit I haven't seen it...so I may be very wrong...but if it could result in usable machinery and maybe even some community owned* (not player owned) open storage silos, I think it would be a boon to all who use the area.
    (The open silo in the Parsinia crystal shaping lair is such a nice and helpful touch!)

If set and advertised for a certain time span (a week or so? I don't really know how long it would take), perhaps some warriors and dragons could provide security for any crafters that would like to help but fear attack...I would be happy to help in that respect. (We draggies cannot build biped structures, of course).

*(I fully realize that the community owned status of any silos would have to be programmed by the developers. Not sure if that is a possibility...)

Just a thought.

Thread Information