Thread: cooking tools bug?

Default cooking tools bug?

as of right now the mixing spoon, baking spatula, and the cooking knife are all preparing.... what tool is for cooking?
    - we all play to have fun ... so lets group up and kill something

Ryley Redbeard of Order
    Summbuddy Fumbuddy of chaos

Default Re: cooking tools bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Summbuddy View Post
    as of right now the mixing spoon, baking spatula, and the cooking knife are all preparing.... what tool is for cooking?
    Those ARE the tools for cooking. I've asked repeatedly for the devs to put the cooking requirement back on there, but I haven't had any luck so far. I'm told those are working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Those ARE the tools for cooking. I've asked repeatedly for the devs to put the cooking requirement back on there, but I haven't had any luck so far. I'm told those are working as intended.
    So this would be akin to say....all final product tools by other craft classes requiring smelting or stoneworking, etc.?

Bottom line:

A level 100 confectioner could NOT equip a mithril cooking knife unless he/she also had gatherer @ level 80 and therefore a level 100 confectioner could NOT equip this tool without bonuses. This seems rather illogical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    A level 100 confectioner could NOT equip a mithril cooking knife unless he/she also had gatherer @ level 80 and therefore a level 100 confectioner could NOT equip this tool without bonuses. This seems rather illogical to me.
    I think confectioners get preparing skill too, I am not sure though.

8 per level, so while an L100 conf will most probably have more than 850 with stat bonuses, the situation is still untenable.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Especially since the baking spatula isn't used in ANY of the bought preparing formulas. It's strictly cooking only from what I can tell.

I'd like to add my voice to support the request to add a cooking option to equip. Kala had let the devs know this was an issue on Blight, so I assumed it would be addressed before it went live. Clearly it's possible to have SkillX or SkillY requirements on a tool, because the stone chisel does it.

http://home.comcast.net/~his247/CookingTools.jpg

My character Djanee on Order is currently suffering the effects of this bug. I am a lvl 81 confectioner and I cannot equip the T5 tools that I've been cooking with for months. I've attached a screenshot to show. My preparation skill is 732 current so I no longer meet the 800 preparation requirement for my T5 tools (yew baking spatula, yew mixing spoon, mithril cooking knife). My cooking skill is 942 current so if I equip the T4 tools that are the best I can based on my low preparing skill, I am capping my cooking skill at the 850 limit on the T4 tools. It seems completely unfair to make the limit caps apply to multiple skills, yet not allow those same multiple skills to be used to meet the equip requirements.

Please consider an hotfix for this issue. New content is fun to explore and enjoy, please don't let a seemingly simple issue keep me from participating with the rest of the confectioners.

*Emissary hat on* No it is not working as intended and the development team is aware of the issue and working on a fix.
    *Emissary hat off*

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    *Emissary hat on* No it is not working as intended and the development team is aware of the issue and working on a fix.
    *Emissary hat off*
    It's good that they're finally getting around to fixing it.

well now that I have experienced this too, I must say that this is very annoying. We need either a preparing tech, or tools based on both cooking and preparing.
    This is necessary.

Have to agree, at the moment I'm having to keep 2 tiers of tools around which is a bit of a pain. Plus at level 89 confectioner I can't make foods I should be able to due to not being able to equip the tools in some cases

I've been told that this should be resolved in the next blight delta.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Yes, cooking tools will now recognize the cooking skill. This will go to Blight in delta 137.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Yes, cooking tools will now recognize the cooking skill. This will go to Blight in delta 137.
    Awsome

Thanks you, thank you, thank you!!

Thread Information