Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: put the old DP system back

Default Re: put the old DP system back

Quote Originally Posted by Shur
    uhhhh huhh, care to show me an example of the reverse? i didn't think so.
    How about the dozens of Lunus players who have chosen not to stick to that standard mindset for starters? Also, do a lil bit of background research about Fiends and Lunus dragons. And what about the Sslik? If you're into the lore so much you should know why most dragons treat them different.

Oh and one more thing Shur.
    The thing is simply NOT to die.
    Should I be worried now?
    Last edited by Velea; April 8th, 2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: thread clean up

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i am sorry i am not understanding - i got 2 dpoints in one night last weekend.
    the penalty lasted about an hour (to be honest, since i don't make a habit of getting more than 2 deaths a game session unless i am helping someone hunt something, i didn't quite notice exactly) each time, but i was able to still hunt in group even with the penalty.
    the 2 dpoints were gone, without food - only the time i logged out then back in, maybe a day and half - while i was out of game........

i just don't see what all the crying is about, if it is the dp system. its not that bad to me or to those i have talked with.

IF, as i suspect, this is a personal deal that is being taken perhaps a bit too far, nothing (as we are seeing) will convince the various parties of the other's stance.

adapt or die. that which does not kill us still hurts alot. that which kills us makes us stronger. what we cannot cure we must endure.

pick your cliche, it all means the same thing that has been stated over and over - if you can't stand the heat, get out of the game.
    the old system is gone, its not coming back and if and until they make a draggy conf skewl, you can get your food or you can not or you can leave.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Skihlairk Posting here on Galde's account:
    utter crap. what the did dragons eat before the lands were populated with bipeds then?
    Uh would 'duh' be the right word here? Yes.
    Duh Shur. Wild animals.

Difference being that now the Dragons have the option to consume bi-ped made food.

Shur like I said in my previous post on your other thread, which was exactly the same as this one, you are the only player I have come across who seems to have such a problem with the new DP system. People here in the forums have all given you helpful hints and surgestions on how to avoid wracking up such a staggering amount of deathpoints and your having none of it.
    Your peeved about the new system and you whine and moan about it yet you point blank refuse to do anything to help yourself work around/with it. Its not changing back, as you already know, the Dev's will indeed be working on this thing to perfect it.
    In the mean time my advice to you is to read back through the posts here and try a few of the many tips you've been handed and improve your gaming tactics.
    If your not willing to do that, like I said before, pack your bags and leave already.

Honestly, this thread and your clap-trap is getting old.
    Its no long a disucssion thread its just an insult thread headed by you.
    Last edited by Galdethriel; April 8th, 2008 at 12:19 AM.

You're completely right Zex, That one hour timeout in no way effects my ability to play. I'll log right back in and go chase up some blighted wisps!
    I hunt with lots of death points. I hunt with none. I hunt with a heavy death penalty. And I hunt with none. See the pattern?

Death penalty in no way, shape, or form, stops you hunting. It doesn't destroy you, but weaken you. Just be more careful while hunting with one. I mean, DUH. Isn't this stuff, I dunno... really really simple?

A) spend a relatively small percentage of my time in-game actually playing
    I'll repeat this, because I'm not sure if it's penetrated your skull. Death points do not stop you playing. Death penalty does also not stop you playing.

B) spend twenty-four hours + offline for each death point i have, then lay again when i have fresh slate
    Please read above.

C) suckle on the biped bottle.
    Or you could play BIG TOUGH STEREOTYPICAL LUNUS as you seem so fond of trying to do and just wait for them to wear off while doing something else.

utter crap. what did dragons eat before the lands were populated with bipeds then?
    Substances that didn't relieve death. Unfortunate, that.

uhhhh huhh, care to show me an example of the reverse? i didn't think so.
    You're really very thoroughly wound up in your stereotypes, aren't you? I could log into the game and run Galde around Dralk to see what the dragons there think of bipeds. That'd be easy. But I'm not going to, because that'd be unnessessary. Because even if every single Lunus in the game hated bipeds, your retort would still be obsolete. Because, and listen to this, because you seem fond of ignoring select points:

Because it hasn't happened, does that make it impossible?

Do you honestly believe that if no Lunus npc's liked bipeds, that would mean that no Lunus could ever have the capasity to be different? You're insulting your own faction! You're basically calling everyone who follows the Lunus way a idiot sheep with no opinion of their own.
    <sarcasm on> *applauds you* Very well done, Shur! I'm sure all Lunus will appreciate that! </sarcasm off>

And what gives you the right to tell people to shut up? They're the ones answering your thread! What, would you rather no-one replied to your dumb rant?

Or, like I said before, you could quite simply get food out of character. Out of character. As in, not in character, so in the RP it never happened. Is that so difficult, really?
    This will be the third time I've brought up this solution. Why do you keep ignoring it? How many times do I have to drill this solution into your head?

Go out of character.

Go out of character.

Go out of character.

Go out of character.

Go out of character.
    Last edited by Velea; April 8th, 2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: removed quotes that were removed in original post...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    There is no perfect group, and if you need that many healers you are doing somethign wrong in any group also a fact.
    People keep saying this, then say "just find another group", and I keep looking at them in amazement.

Are we playing the same game? At any given time there are maybe... *maybe*... 100 players online on Chaos, the most populated server. I've found that the numbers often (not always of course) break down like this: ~80-90 of them are multilevel level 100 crafters who never adventure. ~5-10 of them are newbies or alts at low level. That leaves ~5-10 players willing and able to group.

This means that there are 2 groups at any given time, with rotating individual players in them (one logs on, one logs off, pretty much). One of them is from the Chuck Norris America guild. One of them is from the Unity of Pain guild. If you join the Unity of Pain group no one from Chuck will ever group with you again. If you join the Chuck group, then no one from Pain will ever group or talk to you again.

So yeah, I can totally just snap my fingers and jump into another group! Awesome! Why didn't I think of that?
    Last edited by gopher65; April 8th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Skihlaik posting on Galde's account again:

Epic win. I second that XD

This thread has FAR outlived any usefulness.... time to close it.

Thread Information