Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plots sizes

Default Plots sizes

With some luck we get back our Unity characters. On Order we had some nice suggestions as I think belonging plot sizes.

How about you can buy as many plots as you want to a maximum f.e. 100x100 squares and scaling up the prices of the small plots the more total square you already bought to solve the price difference of a lot cheap small plots to one expensive large plot.

I don't know whether this or resizing all those existing and useless mini plots would be easier to implement but I think it's a good idea.

Same could be done for dragon lairs, there you have to count the cubes to a total of e.g. 100x100x100 (I don't know the proper sizes of a large dragon lair).
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Plots sizes

i postulated this idea to blighties a few months ago. given the vast preponderance of small plots, i would make sense to me to be able to buy plots up to a max amount of land. i think it would serve at least 2 beneficial ideas - peeps could put workstations and storage close by the actual resources (the little plot below the sandstone in kion would be a great place for a full sws, mws, and/or wws with open storage, especially since there are only partial ws there already, just off the top of my head), and it would be more attractive to some users to be able to have several small pieces of land rather than one big headquarters.
    i love my cheese palace, but if i could have gotten a small plot in kion and a small plot in aug and a small plot in maha, i would have been all over it.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Another idea: handle those small plots similar to guildplots. One "Master" plot needs to be purchased and 5-10 small plots affiliate to the master plot, but unlike the guildplots where the other plots needs be purchased by guildmembers those affiliated plots can be build by the master plot owner.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

buying up to a fixed dimension size sounds like a very good idea,
    this would solve the plot problem and the un-equality problem
    like other games solve this with intanced houses (what i dont like, but solves this)

if players would be able to buy up to a certain size every player, even new ones will have the same potential, wich is no more then fair.

i dont know how easy it is for the devs to implement this..
    if it was more easy to crank up alot of plots in size, or merge them together
    this could do the trick as well.. although the size diffrence would still be there, and the system would remain unequal; but it would be better then nothing.

I had suggested something that had merit, but probably would be too hard to implement:

You are given an allotment of 100 by 100 square feet per account plot.

You can buy four 25 by 25 plots or one huge 100 by 100 plot.

Or you could buy two 25 by 25 and a 40 by 40 (leaving you with 10 by 10 left over on your account, which can't buy anything because plots that size don't exist)

The only problem people saw with that was players turning into slum lords and taking over entire cities by snatching up the smallish plots, creating new accounts so they can own 8 plots by themselves in a city, thus keeping plots from new players that would not mind a 25 by 25 starter plot.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    You can buy four 25 by 25 plots or one huge 100 by 100 plot.
    im sorry but 100x100 = 10.000
    and ( ( 25x25 = 625 ) * 4 = 2.500 ) * 4 = 10.000

so to compensate all the space of a 100x100 plot one would need 16 25x25 plots

i still think its a good idea though, imagine some people now have not just double but 16! times as much as others, this isnt fair

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'd have a tough time with this one, too. I already have my 60x60, so for a 100x100 equivalent, I would also need:
    1 40x40
    2 60x40

The 40x40 is easy enough. In fact, I could get 3 of them in Harton Valley. That'd break down to needing yet another 40x40. So, in the end, I'd have:
    1 60x60
    4 40x40

I think that'd be a bit unfair to the rest of those wanting plot space, especially since I'm perfectly happy with my one 60x60 plot in Acul.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

make the req 60x60 then or something.... the number can be debatable. The point is, we need a use for those plots and people are not going to waste thier only plot ($15) on a 20x20 plot that only holds that only hold 4 silos or one shop.

Another approach would be scaling the structures (more suitable for dryads, dwarves and gnomes than for half-giants ...) Take a plot size for standard say 60 x 60. Scale the structures accordingly so you can fit the same on a 20 x 20 plot. Lovely little silo's and little trees and housing

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Another approach would be scaling the structures (more suitable for dryads, dwarves and gnomes than for half-giants ...) Take a plot size for standard say 60 x 60. Scale the structures accordingly so you can fit the same on a 20 x 20 plot. Lovely little silo's and little trees and housing
    I see a conflict there .. It would be unfair if only certain races can scale the structures, and it would also be unfair if every race could do this, towards those people with already fully/partial built plots.

Azdhaja Light Fraoch ** Lolita Morena
    Alkmene Mandavar ** Seelie Mandavar

Quote Originally Posted by navaer View Post
    I see a conflict there .. It would be unfair if only certain races can scale the structures, and it would also be unfair if every race could do this, towards those people with already fully/partial built plots.
    It's not other races couldn't resize, the resizing would be automatically according to plot size to make it so that you can fit as much on a 60 x 60 plot as on a 20 x 20 plot.

to give an (totally fictional !!) example. If you can fit 80 siloos on a 60 x 60 plot you could fit the same 80 on on a 20 x 20 one, only the siloos would be much smaller.

That's why I said dryad, dwarf and gnome, only for aesthetical reasons .

Why would it be unfair to people with fully / partial build plots? They would scale too and you would need the same amount of building material for the structures, scaling is only optical.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Along the lines of resizing, keep in mind that at least in the working stages before EI/PME/NGW there was work done on dwarven tunnels and dryad trees, based in 3 dimensions like dragon lairs. Lairs were the first test of this capability and I'd have to say it's been a very successful test thus far.

100x100 maybe is set to high, maybe this size should be kept to those that had the luck getting such a large plot. A very common and suitable size for a biped plot is at least around 75x75 where you can build a nice set of silos, shops and some houses.

There are tons of small plots out there in sizes of 25x25 and such, maybe it takes less time to implement any kind of system where you can purchase multiple plots, or make them in some way behave as guild plots do, but can be build up by one owner. I for myself would like this idea building a small village and seeing areas settled that have been empty for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Along the lines of resizing, keep in mind that at least in the working stages before EI/PME/NGW there was work done on dwarven tunnels and dryad trees, based in 3 dimensions like dragon lairs. Lairs were the first test of this capability and I'd have to say it's been a very successful test thus far.
    Ok Have seen some rumours about the dryad trees, didn't know about the dwarves and also didn't know the plans were so much develloped. Nice to know though.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

C`gan I got corrected about the Dryad trees by Amon before. Just so you know. No work was ever done on them and I think he said that they had not been planned. But that was a while ago and do not remember where he corrected me.

there has been an old suggestion similar to this

i would like this too, it would be easier than to delete/merge/change all existing tiny plots

and would add more "town feeling" if you would have the chance to build there and here ^^

All I can say is that before the buyout, some thought had been put into dryad trees. I'm hoping that at least all that brainstorming hasn't been lost in the two years since then.

Also, along these lines of plot area ownership, the maximum restriction would have to be the largest plot size in the game or no one could technically own it (or any sizes larger than the restriction) without some sort of conflict. So, if you set it back to 80x80 allowable, those who have plots larger than 80x80 (and there are several out there) would be in conflict with the settings. How does this conflict get resolved?

I would love to see it also and maybe to some extent duel and maybe tri level buildings for other races. If that is followed through with maybe some of the smaller plots would become attractive. Maybe set up very small plots to be duel or tri leveled and larger plots only be able to handle single level buildings. That way you have the chose of big sprawling plot that you could decorate or smaller more vertical functional plots.

Hmmm, I could see a multi-level craft building much like the one at Parsinia for larger plots (the one that has most of the trainers in it, including fitter, mason, and carpenter). It'd be nice to be able to toggle which machines you could put in there (say a maximum number possible). Or do a customizeable building where you could state what goes on a per-level basis.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    All I can say is that before the buyout, some thought had been put into dryad trees. I'm hoping that at least all that brainstorming hasn't been lost in the two years since then.

Also, along these lines of plot area ownership, the maximum restriction would have to be the largest plot size in the game or no one could technically own it (or any sizes larger than the restriction) without some sort of conflict. So, if you set it back to 80x80 allowable, those who have plots larger than 80x80 (and there are several out there) would be in conflict with the settings. How does this conflict get resolved?
    right, c'gan - having one of those large plots (101x101), i would not like to have my palace made smaller. perhaps a tradeoff? an either/or situation? you can either buy one large plot, or you can choose to do several smaller plots (up to a max lower than the one plot option, say 75x75 or 80x80). or would this be too unfair/unbalancing?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information