Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown

Default Re: Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    I think what Shian saw was one of us testees.

*snicker*

I'm sorry. But... sorry. #cough#

Er yes but it did occur to me it may have been someone testing.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Though today IS Sunday, so we do get a little time off for good behavior.
    And I hope you're enjoying it

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    These transfers are a time consuming process that is going on daily, not something that happens just on maintenance days or following server downtime. But please note the "time consuming" part of that, and each one has to be handled one at a time to some extent. It is, though, something that the whole team is committed to making happen as rapidly as possible. Though today IS Sunday, so we do get a little time off for good behavior.
    so its confirmed that the first unitarians got transfered?

I posted this on the announcements, but I thought I'd put it here as well as this seems to be the thread that people are following.

A question was raise in game this weekend while I was playing regarding what it means to have a subscription.

Please note that a "trial subscription" is not what we mean. We will not transfer characters if all you have on your account is the two-week trial. You must have at least a monthly renewable subscription in order to have characters transfered.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    I posted this on the announcements, but I thought I'd put it here as well as this seems to be the thread that people are following.

A question was raise in game this weekend while I was playing regarding what it means to have a subscription.

Please note that a "trial subscription" is not what we mean. We will not transfer characters if all you have on your account is the two-week trial. You must have at least a monthly renewable subscription in order to have characters transfered.
    Amarië, could you please answer the question if there will be an increased vault bulk size for transferred characters with plot, since all our belongings from our plot wil end up inthere? I know a number of people that are concerned about this, including myself. I think it has been asked a few times, including in its own thread, but I have not read an official answer yet. I think it's one of the last questions about the transfer remaining.

Thank you in advance
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Fidri, my friend, and anyone else who might think that I'm not answering questions for some reason other than this....

If I knew the answer to the question, I would answer it. But really honestly and truly, I read every single post on this forum, often multiple times. If there is a question being asked and no answer given, it is because I don't have an answer.

though I thought so, thx for making it clear, Amarie

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Fidri, my friend, and anyone else who might think that I'm not answering questions for some reason other than this....

If I knew the answer to the question, I would answer it. But really honestly and truly, I read every single post on this forum, often multiple times. If there is a question being asked and no answer given, it is because I don't have an answer.
    Good Amarië, I have never thought you would do that. You are answering every question you can, I do not doubt that.
    What my question implied was, if you could ask the dev team about this issue, and relay the answer to us eager Unity people. This I am asking, because I assume you have regular contact with the team. I apologize for putting my question in an unclear form.
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

The problem with asking the same question multiple times, especially on multiple threads, is that I then have to take the time to find all threads on that topic and post the same thing multiple times. In this particular case, the original question wasn't in "Suggestions" or on the "Unity" forum, or even "General", it was in the "Help" section. And I'm not saying that it was the wrong place to post the thread... But what happens is that I have to spend 15 or 20 minutes searching for that thread and this one in order to place the answer where it can be seen by everyone who's asking.

Of course, this is also why it is much easier if people keep things "on topic" and don't start new threads when they could ask something in an existing thread... but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

The answer to the "temporarily increase vault size" is that there is no way we can do it, especially not just for Unity people. Were we to increase vault size, it would have to be something we made available to everyone, and would have to remain in game permanently. Were we to only do it temporarily, when we went back, players would see it as a "nerf", and that's something we do try to avoid as much as possible.

Only a very small percentage of the players actually read news and forums about the game, so the majority who saw that their vault was increased when they came over would assume it was a permanent change. There then become issues of how long to we wait to go back to the "old" size, issues of who does and who does not get the increase, how "big" to we actually make the vault, etc. etc. And all that is if it were even feasibly possible to do.. which it is not.

We're sorry, and we do understand that for a while it is going to be difficult for those coming from Unity to manage their vaults, but the answer is that we can not increase vault size temporarily.

Please note everyone, that "Vault stuffing" by putting items on a consigner, getting novians from deconstructing a plot, or the transfer from Unity will put more things in your vault than it can normally hold (according to the bulk limit which is a programmed limit).

I'm not sure what happens for the number of stacks limit, as that's a database limit.

So everything from your transferred character should fit, even if you were close to your vault's bulk.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

I've Resubbed and sent the email out.

now where did I put the Keg of Ale
    Ruache: Dwarf Ranger 100, Craft lvl's 1900
    Hephestus: Ancient Dragon 100/100/100

Vault overloading works quite well with stacks, too. Otherwise I wouldn't have retained very much at all from my old plot.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

WOOOOT Ive got my Unity chars back *dances*!!!!

/cheer

Yay! Go you I keep checking on mine... still nothing... the suspense is killing me, but now we've 'officially' heard from someone who lives again... *hugs Tamianth and dances round*
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

yeeeeee... transfer completed!!! *dances too*

Azdhaja Light Fraoch ** Lolita Morena
    Alkmene Mandavar ** Seelie Mandavar

omg so exciting tamianth congratulations !!

uh oh, now Ill have to check 5 to 6 times a day

edit : woah Navaer too, posted just as I wrote my post. GRATS !!

Waiting... waiting

<checks inbox>
    Nope, not yet.
    <checks inbox>
    Nope, not yet.
    <checks inbox>

Hehe, take your time and do it right. Although the number of people that have now been transferred removes some of my worry that it would be a day's work per transfer.

Unless you've got the whole team working on these, of course. In which case, more donuts (or pizza, Bawls, or other dev-fuel)!

Antonath

I have to leave the house now

maybe my cat can check regulary, and give me a call if...."MEEEAAAUUULOV"

ack, I have to get my mind off .. otherwise Iam going nuts here semi afk playing eq2

Thread Information