Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown

Default Re: Countdown

The transfers have to be done one by one and everyday more and more unity players are showing up, so yes.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

pretty sure several were completed before maintenance day

Bristugo - Chaos Shard (at last i'm out of the void!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    pretty sure several were completed before maintenance day
    yeah, i also remember some people saying that their chars were transfered before maintenance...

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Vlisson, regarding vault space:

Your vault will be overstuffed with your items from Unity until you use them. Note that equipment can be tranferred from an overstuffed vault right onto your character's body, then back into the vault by swapping pieces (weapon for craft tool or cargo armor for regular armor for instance). Items taken out into your inventory will not be able to be put back into the vault until bulk is back down below your normal limit.

But because of the way vault stuffing works, you have as much space (temporarily) as you need to hold the items coming with you from Unity. You just can't put other items into your vault until its back down below the limit (unless you use the consigner to stuff the vault further.)

The one exception to this may be if your number of different stacks of items is over the vault "number of stacks" limit... that's limited by database addresses. But the bulk, which is what you've mentioned in several posts now, and any stacking items, works like I described in the first couple paragraphs.
    thanks for your help but this doesnt make me happy

as i already stated i saved all my items from my lair (as i stopped playing on unity, i havent known if items on buildings are save)

my vault got spammed and everything it could not handle remained in my inventory, so even my inventory is at least 70% full of my stuffs

even my twinks (with their low vault/inventory) got too much stuff to store

Then what you will need to do is find an out of the way consigner, best if it is a player one that you can trust. Put it up for sale for cheap and have him lock the consigner till the items drop back into your vault. While that is happening farm what coin you can for vault upgrades. We are up to 8 or 9 now. The last couple are just very very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Then what you will need to do is find an out of the way consigner, best if it is a player one that you can trust. Put it up for sale for cheap and have him lock the consigner till the items drop back into your vault. While that is happening farm what coin you can for vault upgrades. We are up to 8 or 9 now. The last couple are just very very expensive.
    yes this is a very good idea, i already thought about buying a plot, build a consi and put all stuff in it, then deactivate it and all should fall back into my vault

i lost this idea but you helped me again to find my way =) thx

Anyone got their unity chars back in the meantime?
    I'm still waiting in the void...

nope

also realised that there were no posts today about any newly transfered characters

Wondering if they are transferign today at all
    Last edited by Ivy; April 16th, 2008 at 02:58 PM.

They were probably working on the maintenance, especially as a couple of deltas went live. Plus, they're probably only just getting to the office (or offices, or work-from-home area, internet cafe or starbucks, depending on the working arrangements).

I should point out that while I know all this, I know it's going to take a while to transfer everyone, they're working flat-out, etc, it's not stopping me from checking on a regular basis

Antonath

Based on the dates that people said they got in, it looks like they are being done one at a time (or a couple at a time depending on how many devs are doing the transfers), then right on to the next one. Continuing process in other words, not just on batch days.

I think there's a dev post around here somewhere about that.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

*bounces around overjoyed*

YAY I've got them back See you all ingame soon! (I'm on chaos if you didn't know already)
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Luck you Fidri

I'm waiting, waiting... and I'm at work, so even if VI restored my chars one second after I posted this, I'd still have to wait some more

gz fidri! leave some undead for me on chaos

...i hope mine chars come up fast too...

I have my Characters back, and now even their names back to normal, everythings smooth so far
    Mephiblo the mischievous Lunus

Fidri is back Beware WA-it only had just begun

wb Mephiblo- I "gratzed" you yesterday night already:-)

omg grats fidri !!

*sits around, staring at the screen*

Wow nice to see so many people comming back. Wonder if there is any official information on how long it takes to transfer about 1 character, just for interest.

I have no idea of course .. but Iam guessing .. mmmh

15 mins ? 30 ? 30 might be worst case though, hopefully. Bet its also depending how sure the user was about his all account data. If they actually have to search for the correct account / player / character name I bet that might be quite a timesink.

30 minutes? I was assuming a couple of hours at least. I know it should be much quicker, given the actual transfer should just be a load of SQL that stays mostly the same, but there's time to find the old and new accounts, finding a time slot to add stuff to the live server, time to check things have worked before making the character active, then sending an email...

Antonath

There's all what Antonath said, plus some things that have to be done by hand. Plus the time that the processes are simply running. While I don't know how long each one takes, and it does vary greatly I'm sure depending on how many characters a person is requesting to be moved and how much "stuff" comes with the characters, I'm sure it is more than just half an hour per transfer.

Thread Information