Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown

Default Re: Countdown

Very welcome news indeed. I've always had (silent) hope, but now it looks like it is finally about to happen. I'm very excited to meet lots of old friends once again.

And I guess VI didn't sent this email yesterday, because people might think it would be a very bad april fool's joke. Good choice ;-)

See you soon!

- a happy cleric Dwarf
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

The Aegis have been too quiet for too long, my
    hatchling. This peace will not last.

And as long as there Hatches to Protect I still have a Purpose in this world.
    To quote a famous Wizard
    "Ahead 5 days ride to catch up to the lost solders on the fifth day at sunrise look to the east "LOTR Gandalf
    that saying holds true to me. I i can not sleep quietly in my grave as long as the witherd ages threaten my Brethren
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Fantastic story... though I didn't get it and had an active sub *sulks* ah well at least they know about it in support.

"But our gods are clever and resourceful" - Guess someone was feeling a little boastful that day huh? hehe

Claws crossed I can soar the skies again soon!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Amarië or Tramsan, any indication of the comprehensiveness of the transfer? Reading that story seems to imply that not everything will be transferred across.
    During my last test transfer, I received everything I had on Unity, both in vault and in plot storage. The only thing I didn't receive were my plot novians, and that was intentional. They will be in the proper transfers, though, as far as I've understood it.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

@Vlisson. Yes, transfer should be soon, that is what the story says.

FIDRI-we thought you were lost

Lov, I am lost. Lost in the void. But not for much longer
    I'm just not a very active forum poster like yourself, but I have checked the community regulary.

More ontopic, a remark about the email. An important part of it is about lairs and how us Unitarian will get first choise before the native inhabitants of Chaos and Order. This is of course good news for the Dragons from Unity, but what about bipeds? I'm sure there are lots of 20x20-ish sized plots available, but I'm also pretty sure every 50x50+ plot on Chaos is already taken. If all my belongings from my plot (plots, had 2 actually) would end up in my vault, including novians, to be rebuild on a small plot, I think I will never be able to use my vault again. Well maybe I did keep a too large pile of junk stored on my plot, but that's my choice

So the big question, will bipeds get the same privilege as our Dragon friends? Or was the email not intended to only cover lairs and should I substitute lair with plot where needed?
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    This email went to anyone who had come from Unity who had an active subscription. Note that in order to transfer to the US shard, you will have to have an active subscription, so many who have been waiting have already done that.

We will be attempting to contact those who had played on the EU servers but did not have an active US subscription as well.
    I cancelled my sub in Feb and I still got the story. I shan't be taking my dragon out of the darkness though. I've come to the end of the book and I'm closing the book. I shall be moving on to the latest generation of MMO's come winter 2008. Good luck to all who remain and enjoy Horizons.

Edit: Portion of post which was nothing but flame-bait removed.
    Last edited by Velea; April 3rd, 2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Removed flame bait, off topic material.

As I've understood it, Fidri, they are working to get the plot reclamations started soon after the Unity transfers. That way I'm sure there'll be plenty of nice plots for everyone on both Chaos and Order. There's going to be that painful interim period for us transfers, of course, with a defunct vault, but we have already endured it once (during merge), so I'm sure we can do it again.

We should also be getting plot tokens, which will ensure that we can get a plot/lair in the auction. (The plot bit was probably left out in the mail due to RP.)

*drags Fidri into Chaos by his beard*

great news then

what do a "normal" player has now to do?

make a new account (trial) on the NA Shards and upgrade it?

buy the game?

or will the complete old account be transfered (old login datas?)

Wow
    Thats so great at last now maybe finally i wil be able to finish Arop Started before the world went dark
    I been on Chaos and i can say they are a great bunch not come across anyone horrid

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    great news then

buy the game?

Ivy told me that she could log on the NA site with her old Unity data (she did it accidently because she got on the NA instead of the EU site), i myself didnt try it so far, maybe you dont need to make a new acc because a long time ago they transfered the eu data. Just give it a shot and try to log in with your old acc datas

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

no

the old login datas dont work for me

ok lets wait till something new will be revealed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Ivy told me that she could log on the NA site with her old Unity data (she did it accidently because she got on the NA instead of the EU site), i myself didnt try it so far, maybe you dont need to make a new acc because a long time ago they transfered the eu data. Just give it a shot and try to log in with your old acc datas
    Both my unity account data could be used to log on the NA shards, so yes give it a try.

You might even be able to get a trail if you contact support

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    great news then

buy the game?

For the transfer you need an active account. So I suggest creating a trial account now, and eventually upgrade it when the chars are going to be transfered.

I'd suggest waiting with doing anything until instructions arrive from VI, unless you want to jump in a bit ahead and test the waters, that is.

Looking forward to completing the storm disciple aspect of my triad. That and helping Gezsera lure the withered aegis to their doom near the cities on Greater Aradoth

Noticed this just now on the front page: http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/unity_transfer

One thing I would like to ask VI, though, is how the names are going to be handled. No one (TM) would want the _unity tag after their character's names. Having to pay an extra $9 per character for a name change would also be rather unpleasant as a welcome back surprise.
    Last edited by tramsan; April 4th, 2008 at 04:38 AM.

Nice find on that page, got it bookmarked ready
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Iam unsure if we should actually send in requests already or if they just wanted to give us a heads-up ? Wondering because of that big pre-line, " subject to change"

did you guys file a request yet ?

Its absolutely lovely to see that happen though. I hope everything goes well

I'll believe it when I fire my frist arrow ^_^
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Thread Information