Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown

Default Re: Countdown

Well if it's like the initial NA merge you will be given the chance to change your name to remove a server tag. Although that was only done with name replication back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Noticed this just now on the front page: http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/unity_transfer

One thing I would like to ask VI, though, is how the names are going to be handled. No one (TM) would want the _unity tag after their character's names. Having to pay an extra $9 per character for a name change would also be rather unpleasant as a welcome back surprise.

@Vlisson: yesterday I tried with my old accounts and I found out the following:
    I can log in with ALL old accounts but there were slight differences between the accounts. And here is what I found out: at the US Login page you need the DISPLAY NAME as login. Some of my old accounts still use the Email adress as Display name and some used a nickname. You need to check that first.

I don't know if this is a "correct" way but it worked for me to find out the display names:
    I went to the page https://horizons.eu.istaria.com/. You get a certificate error but you can still continue. Then you can login with the account data you know (accepting EULA and so on). And then you can see the USER on top of the left frame. This is the login name that you need for the US login.

After I did login with my account I got an activation message window. After that I was able to start a trial subscription on the account (no other option available at that point).

Maybe this helps. But I guess it is not really necessary when I check that preview transfer request page. It seems we can also setup a new account and then put all characters from all old accounts into that account. Sounds like they really thought this through carefully. Very nice options.
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

horizons.eu.istaria.com displays the same page as horizons.istaria.com ; you won't be able to find your EU login infos using that site.

Anyway, great news for Unitarians ^_^

Here's another question about plots (yes they are important to me ).

I had 2 plots (with 2 accounts) on Unity. I currently own 1 plot on Chaos. Do I need 3 Gifted subs to aquire 2 tokens, and keep my current plot? Or is it possible to have a plot, and get a token on the same account, so I would need only 2 Gifted subs? Of course I would give up my current plot in the last situation after I have found a more suitable one to use my token on, resulting in me owning 2 plots.

And can someone explain how exactly plot tokens work? I have never had or used one (I think ).

I just paid for 2 Gifted subs and I'm eager to send out the transfer email. Just want to be sure everything goes well

*Pulls trams long, fishy tail. Let me go, I can walk by myself!*
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    horizons.eu.istaria.com displays the same page as horizons.istaria.com ; you won't be able to find your EU login infos using that site.

Anyway, great news for Unitarians ^_^
    O.K., my fault that I didn't crosscheck.
    But it still works to get the Displayname with that method because on that login you can still use the Email address as user name. And on next page you then get the display name that you can use for the login that you need to add/change subscriptions.
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

perfect

thx Mysk it works ^^

if found the login for 2 of my 3 accounts, and i hope i will find the login for my wife too =)

thanks and have a nice weekend ^^

ok im a little confused about the login, the eu login shows the NA shards so i thougth it works, but to reactivate my account the link dont work have to try it again at home ^^
    Last edited by Velea; April 4th, 2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Not a good idea to put your log in name on the forums

Noticed this just now on the front page: http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/unity_transfer
    interesting link

do we have to request the transfer?

whats the defintion of an active account? paid and able to play?

i will activate if i know when my datas will be transfered ^^

Yes Vlisson, active means paid for. You don't have to have any active characters, so "able to play" is not really required in that sence.
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    interesting link

do we have to request the transfer?

whats the defintion of an active account? paid and able to play?

i will activate if i know when my datas will be transfered ^^
    Kind off hard to tell since you have to request for the transfer before they start the transfer, and there is no way for virt to know you want a transfer before you request it.

Or put in another way never unless you ask for an transfer.
    Last edited by Mairynn Nalnair; April 4th, 2008 at 02:16 PM.

Talking Re: Countdown has realy started

Just got this answer on my mail for char transfer so the system is up
    and running

"We've received your request for a character transfer.
    We are reviewing and will email you when the transfer
    has been completed or if more information is needed."

The lack of official announcement leads me to think that while the system may be in place, it probably won't be processed just yet. You request may, in fact, have been deleted. Worst case, it will interfere with your "real" request when the system goes live.

Finding that "future" announcement is great as it lets us know they're almost ready. But it's also making people think they're ready now - they're not, or there would have been an official announcement.

I'm as anxious as the rest of you to get back to Istaria, but don't jump the gun

Antonath

I haven't wanted to jump in on this thread until I knew things were more official, but seeing someone saying that requests would be deleted has prompted me to break that silence.

I can assure you that no requests for transfer, either ones made now, or ones made months ago, are being deleted. That just does not make good business sense, for one. But it also doesn't make good PR sense either. The lack of some more "official announcement" from me simply means that we have not started fulfilling such requests either.

So just to be crystal clear... Requests are NOT BEING DELETED until they have been able to be fulfilled.

Let's not start anyone panicing, Antonath.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    The lack of official announcement leads me to think that while the system may be in place, it probably won't be processed just yet. You request may, in fact, have been deleted. Worst case, it will interfere with your "real" request when the system goes live.

Finding that "future" announcement is great as it lets us know they're almost ready. But it's also making people think they're ready now - they're not, or there would have been an official announcement.

I'm as anxious as the rest of you to get back to Istaria, but don't jump the gun

Antonath
    Something on the community site main page seems official to me
    not saying that they are ready just that they have recived my mail.

After all the transfer will be done manually so how can my mail interfere with anything.

Hope it won't take too much time, can't await the resurrection
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    I haven't wanted to jump in on this thread until I knew things were more official, but seeing someone saying that requests would be deleted has prompted me to break that silence.

I can assure you that no requests for transfer, either ones made now, or ones made months ago, are being deleted. That just does not make good business sense, for one. But it also doesn't make good PR sense either. The lack of some more "official announcement" from me simply means that we have not started fulfilling such requests either.

So just to be crystal clear... Requests are NOT BEING DELETED until they have been able to be fulfilled.

Let's not start anyone panicking, Antonath.
    I never said "would" be deleted, I said "may". It wouldn't be the first time in the history of computers that data acquired during a testing phase is cleared before the system goes live.

I never tried to make anyone panic - I was trying to make sure people didn't break the system by applying before you were ready, or getting their request ignored because it was submitted too early.

At the time, I hadn't noticed that the announcement was linked at the side of the news page - I was expecting to see it in the main frame, so when it wasn't listed, I assumed someone had stumbled on to it by accident and the procedure had "leaked" earlier than intended.

If you're queueing requests, I suspect mine will be added shortly

Antonath

I did say "on the front page"
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

ok i never got an eMail or something which asks me to beg for an transfer (only a real old request on this board (1 year ago) i answered and never got a response

so you all requested an transfer via eMail?

could i make 1 account with 3 subscriptions? and 3 Plots on it?

1 account means 1 login but could play with 1 char at the same time per subsi?
    Last edited by Vlisson; April 4th, 2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: add on ^^

I did say "on the front page"
    Bah! Like I read the whole post when there's a link to Unity info

Antonath

@tramsan& Antonath: what? where??

@Vliss : CALL ME^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    could i make 1 account with 3 subscriptions? and 3 Plots on it?

1 account means 1 login but could play with 1 char at the same time per subsi?
    Yes. Each sub you add will give you cumulative benefits. For each basic sub you get 3 new character slots, 50 connie slots and one concurrent login. For each gifted sub you get 7 new character slots, 150 connie slots, one concurrent login and one plot.

(Concurrent means you can have that many characters logged in on the live shards at the same time, ie on two different computers, or the same computer with the new support for multiple instances.)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information